Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

College Student needing to download ebooks for school

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2013 7:43:17 AM PST
C. KIST says:
What tablet will be most beneficial for me? I was told downloading ebooks for school are cheaper than buying or even renting. Is this true?

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 8:59:54 PM PST
Mary Stull says:
I got an ebook here for my International Economics class for only $35 (one edition older, but nearly identical to the most current one) while the hardcover was selling for about $250. The iPad paid for itself in one semester. What's also nice is that both iBooks and Nook are compatible with the Accessibility features, so if I'm working out I can triple-click the home button, switch on the VoiceOver, and listen to Siri read me my book. There is also a PC version of the Kindle program. You have to do a Google or Bing search for "Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plugin", and also install NVDA (freeware, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!), but it means that you can do the same thing with Kindle books. eBooks are definitely the way to go.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 9:49:37 PM PST
KMC says:
I doesn't have to be a tablet. My kids both download textbooks to their laptops thru Barnes and Noble. The books are cheaper and you can also rent an eText Book if it is offered. I know one book my youngest had to buy a text book because it wasn't offered online.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions