Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

Monthly Service for Tablet Use?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 26, 2011 8:28:20 PM PDT
Ali says:
Is there a monthly fee associated with using a tablet? If not, what is it connecting to?

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 2:32:30 AM PDT
Only if you purchase one [a tablet] with 3G/4G data access through a mobile service provider (eg. AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

If you do not purchase a mobile service plan, you will have to connect it over your own wireless network, or one at a coffee shop, or similar.

Cheers,
Trevor

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 12:42:25 PM PDT
I bought a Superpad and just use wi-fi.

I use my service at home, the wi-fi at office and like Trevor mentioned at coffee shops and other free locations. When there is no wi-fi available I just play with the apps and other things I have loaded onto it.

Posted by Bakari Akil II, Ph.D., author of Pop Psychology: The psychology of pop culture and everyday life!
Psychology from all Angles: Interesting, Entertaining and Weird Stories

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2011 3:12:23 PM PDT
Ali says:
Thank you. I appreciate your response. That was exactly the information I was looking for.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 3:25:44 PM PDT
Pie Grrrl says:
Ali: depending upon where you live, you can pick up Wi-Fi almost everywhere! I travel from Chicago to rural Michigan and along with the "usual suspects" of Starbuck's and McDonald's, I've found free Wi-Fi at Bob Evan's, my laundrymat, the public library and loads of motels, if you park close enough to them. What will happen is you open up a Browser window and a "permission" page will open up. You click on "I Accept" and "Continue" or "Connect" and you're good to go. Even in rural Michigan, there's loads of Wi-Fi spots so if you live in a city, you should have no problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 5:36:59 PM PST
Thanks for the info I'm not very savvy when it comes to all this tec stuff. thanks again. don c horseshoe bay texas

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 6:04:11 AM PST
Pie Grrrl says:
Glad to be of help, Donald. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 26, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions