Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

movie downloads on samsung galaxy 2 tab 10.1"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 2:52:16 PM PST
kaybird says:
Can movies be downloaded directly to the samsung galaxy 2 tab 10.1".Im not tech savvy so I need some help.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 4:55:24 PM PST
B. Marks says:
It depends on the source of your movies. I have several Android tablets with movies and TV shows on them. I use them for watching this stuff all the time. But most of the online video services are about streaming, not downloading. You connect via Wifi to the site, using either the browser or an app, and watch the movie on your screen. Nothing is downloaded ahead of time. You watch it as it comes in and it's not retained on your device.

Some sites such as Amazon and Google do let you download a movie to watch it later when you're not near Wifi. Most tablets can't do this with Amazon's movies. That works with the Kindle Fire tablets. I think Google lets you do that with any tablet, which would include the Tab 2.

I'm sure there are other sites that let you download movies to watch but I'm not familiar with them.

If your question is a technical one: can the Tab 2 do that, then the answer is yes. You just have to find movies to download.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:35:55 PM PST
S. A. F. says:
If you want to try out streaming movies to see if your internet connection is fast enough without paying, you should check out crackle. It is a streaming service from Sony that is like netflix except that is has way less movies and tv shows (oh and did I mention it is completely free?). You can either get the app or just go to crackle.com if your tablet has flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:38:59 AM PST
Yes, but no longer from Amazon. Adobe has quit supporting Flash for Android and you need Flash for Amazon movies. I just bought the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 during Black Friday. After trying and then chatting with Samsung support, any new Galaxy will not have Adobe Flash. This is the Adobe webpage that explains http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html . What is very frustrating is that Samsung continues to include Flash support in their marketing for this device.

If I'm incorrect, I'd love to know how to download and/or view Amazon content. Google Play has a very limited selection.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:31:49 AM PST
B. Marks says:
There's an older version of the Dolphin browser that's still available, I think from their website, that supports Flash, and flash can be downloaded from Adobe's website.

I'm not sure if that'll let you stream Amazon videos or not, though.

You might google "flash on android 4" or some such. There's a lot of information about it.

I suspect Amazon is as unhappy about this as you are and my guess is that they're already working on a solution. But with DRM involved it might take a while.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 2:39:34 PM PST
BRT says:
Have just purchased an Acer A200 with ICS - AMAZON would not work - Last night I was able to download Dolphin browser; change User Agent from Android to Desktop; installed flash 11 (arcived from Adobe site - got the link of ACER community forum) Loged into AMAZON and prime videos etc worked!!!.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:21:39 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:49:26 AM PST
B. Marks says:
Itunes doesn't run on Android tablets. :)

Barry

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 3:20:11 PM PDT
Samsung will never compete with apple until they get decent downloadable movies available on their tabs. Tablers are for on the go - if I want to stream I have plenty options with bigger screens.come on samsung.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 12:43:08 PM PDT
Rosie H says:
How do you get the warranty for the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.2 ?
I am thinking strongly about buying one. I understand also that it now has Adobe flash drive. I have yhe Kindle Gen 2. I had the original and it had Adbe on it and nothing had been said about not continuiong that and I had damaged the original and I am so very disappointed in the gen 2. one. Also it is just full of ads on the screen that you can't hardly find what you are looking for. I hate it.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 1:07:42 PM PDT
G. Crosley says:
how do apps compare on the Galaxy Tab and the Kindle Fire HD? I was told due to Google the Samsung would have way more

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 6:29:06 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
I can't understand much of what you're asking but I'll try to answer the parts I do understand.

About the warranty, Samsung, like nearly all tablet makers, gives a 1 year warranty. So does Amazon on the Kindle. You can also buy extended warrantees.

I think you're talking about the second generation Kindle Fire, but you don't really say. I'm not quite sure what you're saying about it. As for the ads, it costs $20 to turn those off. Look under Manage Your Kindle for how to turn off special offers. I turned mine off.

As for Adobe Flash (it's not a drive, flash drives are something else), Adobe has discontinued it. No new tablets come with it except the Blackberry Playbook, because Blackberry maintains it themselves. You can still get a couple of browsers that do support Adobe Flash. One is the Boat Browser. Another is an older version of the Dolphin browser. There's another one that became available last week that supports it as well but I can't think of it's name at the moment. You can install those on your tablet and download and install Flash from Adobe's site. There are blogs all over the web showing just how to do that. I don't really miss flash much so I haven't bothered with that.

I hope that helps some.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 6:31:59 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
That's correct. Amazon has a lot of apps for the Fire but Google has a lot more and most aren't available on the Fire.

I have both a Galaxy Tab 2 and a Fire HD and the Galaxy is more flexible. If you want to watch videos the Fire is quite a lot nicer with it's higher density screen and better speakers. If you want to watch Amazon videos then it's a lot easier. For most other things the Tab is easier to use and more flexible.

Barry

Posted on May 28, 2013 4:04:05 PM PDT
My son bought a Galaxy Note last October and is disappointed that he can't download many flims or TV series. Following the thread, is this something to do with the lack of Adode Flash ? Barryem says a browser became available back in March that supported Adobe Flash - anyone know what that's called and how we get it ? We're not technically minded ! Thanks.

Martin

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2013 8:41:21 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
There are a few browsers that support flash. Boat Browser is one. Puffin Browser is another. Older versions of Dolphin Browser will also support it. You have to install flash from Adobe's site to make it work.

Google for Flash on Android and you'll find lots of detailed explanations of the options and how to go about it.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 8:37:16 AM PDT
Hi. I followed all these steps. But when I purchased the movie from Amazon I was only given the streaming option. I am not able to download on to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Did I miss something/

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 10:50:22 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
You won't be able to download Amazon movies. For that you need either a Kindle Fire or an Ipad or a Windows tablet. Other tablets, at this time can only stream.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2013 6:23:21 PM PDT
Patricia S says:
I don't think your downloading movies problem has to do with flash...I had a 2nd Gen Kindle Fire (no flash) and was able to download and watch my previously purchased movies (that I had on my original Kindle Fire). You must be speaking of streaming not downloading?

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 7:25:59 PM PDT
Hi, I was wondering what app I need to be able to play attached movies from my friend in the UK who has an ipad...I have a Samsung galaxy s2. The movies come in Gmail attachments. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2013 7:50:06 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
Where or how they come isn't important. What matters is the format and whether they have DRM. If they do have DRM (Digital Rights Management) then you can't play them.

If there's no DRM they may or may be in a format the built-in player can handle. Coming from the Ipad there's a good chance they are. If so, save them to a folder of your choice and play them in Gallery or with the built-in video player.

If the built-in player can't play them you'll need an app that can. There are a lot of those in Google Play. My personal favorite is MX Player. Other good ones are VPlayer and Mobo Player. And there are numerous others. These will play just about any video format. The things it can't play are rare.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2013 8:49:37 PM PDT
Barry, thanks...I downloaded the mx player....but the download that was attached was a .mov file, and it just won't open/play.....probably a home movie of a child taken with an iphone.
Thanks, appreciate the help.
Artie

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 8:25:02 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
MX Player plays .MOV files just fine. There must be something wrong with the file. Or maybe it has DRM. If it has DRM it can only be played on an Apple device licensed to the purchaser of the file.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2013 6:38:07 AM PDT
Thanks Barry...I was able to play it on my computer.......so be it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2013 7:05:03 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
If it has DRM you would be able to play it on your PC using Itunes.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 3:40:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2013 3:45:22 PM PDT
desi says:
The app playtube lets you download content while you watch. If there is a good connection it will download well before you finish watching.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions