Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

iRulu 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A18

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2012 5:46:50 PM PDT
Does anybody have any experience with the iRulu 7

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 10:53:00 AM PDT
C. Haines says:
Just bought an Irulu 7" android tablet a week ago...really like it except for the onscreen keyboard, which tends to be more quirky than qwerty. So I thought I'd connect an external keyboard, which I bought from the same dealer...first, even though apparently the tablet and keyboard case are "frequently bought together" they don't work together...keyboard is regular USB, tablet is mini usb, and converters don't work...been told (not by the seller, who knows very little about what the port is for) the mini usb port may only be for data transfer, not devices. Not happy....anyone know more about the mini usb port on the Irulu tablet? and is there a keyboard that will work with it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:03:04 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Hiya Chris.

The iRulu may not support host mode USB, or, that adapter isn't meant for it. I'd go with a wireless keyboard, or switch out the virtual keyboard for one I like better. Swiftkey X for Tablet and Thumb Keyboard are two good ones to look at.

Which iRulu did you get, anyhow? There are a few versions and some of them aren't so hot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:08:31 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Do you have a link to the one you are looking at?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:20:05 AM PDT
C. Haines says:
iRulu 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A10 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet WiFi MID, Support G-sensor HDMI 1080P 4GB NandFlash

iRulu (TM) 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A10 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen TabletiRulu(TM) 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A10 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet PC Google 3G WiFi MID, Support G-sensor HDMI 1.4 1080P, A Neoprene Sleeve Case Pouch For Free, Bulit-in 4GB Nandflash,adding 8GB card.Enjoy 12GB Tablet..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:46:48 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Ok, it's the model with only mini-USB. First, make sure the keyboard works with another device, like a PC. Next, try a different adapter, one that is meant for host mode, not just power or just data.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:52:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 12:06:46 PM PDT
C. Haines says:
Thanks...I just downloaded the Swiftkey x keyboard program and will see how that works for me. What do I need to order when seeking an adapter meant for host mode? Most of these adapters have very little description with them....and I'm pretty stupid about these things.

Searched for an adapter for host mode, found it in hong kong for under $5....yet another electronic item on its way! Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:02:47 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
This should be what you need, but I'm not sure if your tablet has a mini USB or micro USB (pictures too small): Generic USB A Female to Mini USB B 5 Pin Male Adapter (SF4814)

If you go to a store, tell them what you're trying to do and they should be able to point it out.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 3:01:58 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
There's also possibly a driver issue. A physical keyboard needs a driver and that tablet might not have one. Offhand I'd say that's more likely than an adapter problem. I'm not sure if an adapter would affect whether it works with USB host or not. My guess is that it wouldn't but I don't really know anything about USB wiring. I would think the adapter would be neutral.

In the days of serial ports adapters came in two flavors, neutral for those situations where the cable was wired correctly for the situation, terminal or communication device, and you just needed to change gender or the number of pins, and the adapters that crossed send and receive for those situations where the cable wasn't wired correctly for the particular situation.

A parallel situation might exist for USB, which I know much less about, but I haven't heard that it does and it seems like I would have heard that at some point.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 4:48:51 PM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
USB comes in a few flavors. Power only, which uses two pins. These are common for chargers. Data only which uses two pins. These are simple data transfer cables, which don't provide power to the connected device. These are seen usually in cameras or other media devices that have their own power source. And finally data + power, which uses four or five pins. These types can support host mode, commonly used with cell phones and other devices that utilize a USB wall charger. They are preferred by manufacturers because they cut down cost.

I checked on similar iRulu units, visually similar as well as spec, and noted several people stating in reviews that they used a USB keyboard. So, I am thinking it's not a driver issue.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 9:36:16 AM PDT
Does anyone have a good site to go to that explains how to download apps? I just got my iRulu yesterday. Does it work with Google play? Mine is the 4.0 Android tech.
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:38:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 9:38:53 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
There are a few versions of the iRulu out there, so it's hard to say, Aubrey. The ones linked in this thread should have Google Play already installed, though, there is a possibility it's still called Market on your tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:44:48 AM PDT
Thanks for the quick reply. I see it has Google Play listed in my apps, but I cant figure out how to access them. This is the tablet I have:
Rulu (TM) 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A10 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet PC Google 3G WiFi MID, Support G-sensor HDMI 1080P 4GB

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:48:00 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Ok, you need to open Google Play, which will lead you to apps that you can download. For ones that you have already downloaded, they will be in the app drawer, and possibly on one of your home screens (if auto-add has been enabled in Settings).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:51:43 AM PDT
I honestly dont know how to open an app that says it is there. There are 4 categories of apps- downloaded, on SD card, running and all. The Google play and pretty much all the other apps are located under all..... I am really lost here!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 10:07:46 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Ah, ok, you're in Settings, looking at the apps you have rather than in the app drawer. I'm not familiar with the launcher iRulu may be using, but I'll try and find some screenshots of it so I can tell you what to press on the home screen to get to the app drawer. Usually, it's in the upper right or lower left corner. You can try switching home screens, by swiping left and/or right, to see if there if you see the icons for your installed apps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 10:10:52 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Ok, Aubrey. Have a look at this picture: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/919YNYeyY7L._AA1500_.jpg

Do you see the 6 dots in the upper right corner of the screen? Do you have those, or something similar on your home screen? If so, touch that to get into your app drawer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 10:27:56 AM PDT
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I figured it out. It barely came with any instructions.
I TRULY appreciate you!
Have a blessed day!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 10:31:41 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
You're welcome! Glad to help. :)

For what it's worth, none of the tablets come with instructions. You kind of have to figure them out. Feel free to ask more questions if they come along. :)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 1:48:18 AM PDT
How do i get internet connection

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 7:33:26 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Hello Dolores,

Do you have wifi at home?

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 6:58:33 PM PDT
I just purchased this tablet, and I'm having a hard time hooking it up to the computer to transfer files. The PC shows no sign of seeing anything new attached to the computer, and any attempts to install drivers have given me nothing. Can someone tell me how to at least get it to recognize as a mass storage device?

iRulu 7" Android 4.0 OS Cortex A10 5 Point Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet WiFi MID, Support G-sensor HDMI 1080P 4GB NandFlash

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:00:52 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
I'm not familiar with that particular tablet but a lot of Android tablets present themselves to Windows as an MTP device which means there won't be a drive letter. If you open My Computer in Windows you might see it there. You should be able to double click it and open it in Windows Explorer if you do see it, and then transfer files to it.

I have no particular reason to think that's what's going on but it's the first thing that came to mind and it's worth checking.

Barry

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 9:23:13 AM PDT
C. Schmidt says:
Hello Jessi,

What exactly happens on the PC and on the tablet when you connect them together? Please have the sound on your PC turned on, as it will provide a vital clue. Two things to also check. In Settings, under Developer Options, verify that USB Debugging is turned off. Second, the iRulu has two USB ports, if I remember correctly. You will want to try both, as only one is designed for data transfer.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 4:09:21 PM PDT
Diana says:
I have the 7" tablet, and for whatever reason, there is no google play or market. I can get amazon apps to work perfect, but having tried to down load google play (version that supposedly works with ICS or JB) it shows up as the google play icon, but when trying to open it, it flashes and closes. It anyone has google play loaded and working, please let me know if you're running ICS or JB, and what version google play. Other than that, everything else works as expected
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 18, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions