Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

Downloading pictures from camera to tablet

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2013 1:37:32 PM PST
ruth says:
Are there any tablets that have full size SD card slots or USB ports?
I want to be able to download pictures from my camera to the tablet while travelling.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 3:36:12 PM PST
B. Marks says:
It's probably easier to do that with a micro SD card if you're camera has one. Most do.

Toshiba Thrives and most but not all Windows tablets have full size USB ports. There may be others but I don't recall which.

Barry

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 6:31:47 PM PST
JC says:
I just bought micro SD cards and adpaters to replace the full size SD card in the camera. This allowed me to use any tablet with a micro SD slot. (And gave me a much larger selection of tablets to choose from, so I could focus on the other features instead). These are relatively inexpensive.

The ipad has a camera connection kit available that will allow you to read photos from an SD card. There is the ifficial apple one and several off brands, they run $15-30. But they only work with ipads.

Another alternative to look into might be something like an eye-fi card, which wirelessly transfers your photos when you have a wifi connection available. I'm not entirely sure if they are compatible with mobile devices, and it will probably drain your camera's battery more quickly.

In some cases, you may be able to buy a cable or adapter to turn a micro or mini usb port to a full sized one, but you'd need to be sure the tablet supports usb host through that port. Some of them can only be used to charge the tablet or transfer data to a computer and can't accept other devices.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:17:09 PM PST
FAL says:
Yes, surface rt and tf600 with usb dock

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 7:19:50 AM PDT
ruth says:
Please translate that comment into nontech English.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 9:33:32 AM PDT
B. Marks says:
Which comment?

If there's something you don't understand you might get better results by asking what it means.

Barry
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions