Customer Discussions > Terminator forum

Terminator Salvation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2009 11:54:44 AM PDT
T. Zinkle says:
What did you guys think of the new movie?

Posted on May 25, 2009 2:26:30 PM PDT
It was very good. I was wondering how good it would be without Schwarzeneggar, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'd give it 4 stars out of 5.

It was like a two-hour, nonstop rollercoaster.

Posted on May 25, 2009 5:23:38 PM PDT
My wife and I personally loved this movie and thought it was ten times better than the horrendous T3. It's clearly the beginning a new series, probably a trilogy, and I think there is tons of potential for the next installment.

Posted on May 27, 2009 5:20:52 AM PDT
I feel like I'm in the minority on this site. I checked both threads and everyone loves this movie. I thought it was visually impressive and action-packed with cool new terminators. Decent overall. But I felt like something was missing. I wish I could have enjoyed these characters and the story a bit more. I also wish John Connor was more than just a supporting character, we don't learn much more about him. I figured by this film John should be our hero, but more of the focus was on Marcus. I know his turmoil was supposed to move me, I went along because there wasn't much emotional depth to John in this film. And was anyone else bothered that Blair seemed ready to almost hookup with a man/bot? I mean, most likely, she's been fighting the machines for years and she so readily accepts him.

Then I read this http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/05/the-terminator.html about the alternate ending they didn't go with. I loved the first two Terminator films as well as the tv series. I've never seen the third movie, maybe I'd feel differently (though my little sister gave a decent summary).

Posted on May 27, 2009 8:00:24 AM PDT
I actually feel like any who likes the film is in the minority, by far. A lot of people seem to "hate" this movie just to hate it and never listen when people like me give a good reason why it may be that way. At least your reasons are well thoguth out and understandable.

I personally think the John Connor not being the focal point of this film was done clearly on purpose. This is the setup for at least one more film, possibly two, and I think it's meant to work as a slow crawl towards what John Connor will become in terms of character. This film takes place over 10 years before Kyle Reese is sent back in time to defend John's mother, so I think we're seeing the starting point/the motivation for his later character as a leader.

Posted on May 27, 2009 8:29:03 AM PDT
Maybe you're right, John Connor wasn't the main character if there is going to be another film. Now that would make sense. I also think that's assuming alot on the filmaker's part. How would they know it'd be successful enough to warrant another installment? Then again it does have robots and lots of action..that helps. They might have wasted a chance to show why the Resistance is counting on John. If I'd never seen the other movies or the tv series I'm not sure if I'd think John Connor was as important as he's suppose to be. Hopefully you're right.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2009 9:19:12 PM PDT
Yeah, I think the name Terminator just warrants success. The problem is that a lot of people didn't like this film so the next one might do a lot worse, even if it does improve greatly, as I believe it will. It's a gamble to be sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 6:57:34 PM PDT
jedibear says:
I liked this movie A LOT. So much so that I bought the paperback of it and have been reading it...there are some "extended" scenes, very "talky" and almost rambling...but the interesting thing is...the movie version(s) actually play better...shorter and to the point.
My impression of Bale's Connor has changed upon checking out the movie again...I agree with your points about Connor's lack of being the central character and the emotional core being more on purpose in a bigger story. Marcus fighting at Connor's side and ultimately saving him by giving him his literal and figurative heart could really be the basis of the next movie's character arc for Connor (and man I hope there is another film!!)...Connor did say that he felt this wasn't the future his mother warned him about, so now the door is open for him to make different choices, have different internal struggles over what this war really means and what approach to fighting Skynet should be taken....Skynet has wiped out the Resistance leadership and that mantle has fallen to Connor...the potential is there for some good story telling.

Posted on Jan 5, 2011 6:03:30 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 10:48:43 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2011 7:37:59 PM PST
donnie bonn says:
good movie, could have done without a heart transplant... kyle reese was not suppose to see the arnold version of the terminator, if you remember he tells sarah in part one that he didn't know what the terminator looked like and had to wait for him to make a move.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Terminator forum (1 discussion)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Terminator Salvation 9 Jan 19, 2011

This discussion

Discussion in:  Terminator forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 25, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions