Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

How long is the average wait time for selling your own books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2012 9:30:04 PM PDT
I listed some textbooks they're interesting but probably out of date and taking a while to sell. I'm wondering what the average wait time for selling books is since this is my first time.

Posted on May 8, 2012 6:18:45 AM PDT
Mark V says:
I did this twice already, and both processes have taken less than 2 weeks. You will get a gift card via your amazon account here, and they'll send you an e-mail once it's ready :). Also, be prepared to have some of your items rejected... I had a perfectly good book that was in near perfect condition and it even came with the CD, though it had some small scratches in the front and they rejected it lol. Talk about picky!

Posted on May 8, 2012 10:28:38 AM PDT
Beth F. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 4:55:04 PM PDT
Seriously Ms. Fisher, this is the fourth time I've seen your post about a speech text book. It's time to get over it and move on! Up to 70 percent means 70 percent or lower. They can give you 1% if they feel so inclined. I've had lots of books that I got very little for, but I've also gotten 80-90 dollars for others. The textbook market is unpredictable; your book has probably become worthless by now. That's just how these things work. Also, the person isn't even asking about trade-ins, so your post is doubly pointless. Honestly, you need to get a grip.

To the original poster, I've sold things on Amazon as a third party seller before and it all depends on what you're trying to sell. Out of date ones could take awhile or might not sell at all. The fastest I've managed to make a sale was about a week after I posted, but I have some textbooks that I posted over a year ago that still haven't sold. It's hard to make a good guesstimate with that one, sorry :)

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 8:10:37 PM PDT
f says:
when will I get my kids game ive been waiting about 4 weeks and it still didn't come how long should I wait

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 9:31:40 AM PDT
J. Zebrowski says:
@Mark V,
When they rejected your book, did they send it back to you? Or did they just throw it out?
Thanks!

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:48:51 AM PDT
Mary says:
@Zebrowski They reject it and send it back to you!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 11:54:46 AM PDT
J. Zebrowski says:
Thanks, KirklandSLC!

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 5:27:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 21, 2012 5:28:00 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 2:18:21 PM PDT
Mark V says:
Yup, they send you back your books free of charge. Just make sure you choose that option when they ask you what you want them to do with it. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to get my books back.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 7:03:47 AM PDT
J. Zebrowski says:
Great! Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 6:22:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 25, 2012 6:22:43 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (599 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions