Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

I never Got Paid for my Books.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2011 12:56:46 AM PDT
KNEH says:
Couple of months ago I decided to sell 3 text books in this trade-in program. I shipped the three textbooks together but it so happened that I never got notified that they received my books or if they did not receive them.

Until this day I haven't gotten notified of anything and I am pretty disappointed in this program because I got pretty much stolen and those three textbooks combined are worth almost $300 here on the Amazon website.

If you had something like this happened to you please share your story here and maybe something can be done about it.

Thanks

Max Euceda.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 7:51:39 AM PDT
Max,

I had something similar happen to me. I traded in seven books, and two weeks later I was sent a notice that I was paid for four of them because three of them could not be found. Note I mailed all seven books in the same box. I called customer service and they said that they were unable to find them at this time and to call back later. I called back and the issue is still not resolved. It has been almost a year.

Good Luck.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 3:47:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2011 3:48:21 PM PDT
Jessica Toth says:
I sent in 2 books as well 4 weeks ago and am out 50 dollars because I have never got paid :( do you know the contact number for them? I am havin trouble finding it

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 3:56:14 PM PDT
I also did not get notification that they recieved my books. I had 304.00 that I should have recieved a gift card for. I can't even find my original trade in sheet on my account.

I am not sure what to do.

Bobbi

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 7:43:15 PM PDT
Moonquake says:
1-800-201-7575

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 9:10:00 PM PDT
CHUN TSANG says:
call them, you will get back the promotion issue of your gift credit. But, you have to talk with the person.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 5:41:58 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 9, 2011 5:43:27 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 1:22:18 AM PDT
Les says:
Same thing happened to me. I shipped 3 books that Amazon offered me $116 on 2 Sep. Still haven't received notification they got the books or a gift card increase. Thanks for phone # Moonquake. I'll call to try and get my refund.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 12:22:56 PM PDT
J. Schwarz says:
Thanks for the info. I guess I will sell my books privately and not to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 6:36:20 PM PDT
You are not alone. I, too sent in 3 books over a month ago and still have not received my credit for the books sent. Waiting customer service to contact me now.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 9:02:11 AM PDT
John Bonanno says:
This is why the postal service has return receipts.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 11:00:13 AM PDT
You can insure books you mail through the post office for a very low amount. You can also, of course, send them registered for a fairly decent price. Certainly if you're sending a package of books worth $100+ you probably ought to insure them, if losing that amount of money is significant to you (and it is for most folks.)

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 12:35:46 PM PDT
F. Dominguez says:
thanks for all the feedback I will definately not be participating in this program after hearing all of the discussion.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 6:59:05 PM PDT
James says:
I've never had a problem, and unlike some posters, I keep my documentation and at least use delivery confirmation.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 8:05:55 PM PDT
I was thinking of selling books to amazon but now im having second thoughts......does anyone know of a place that is secure to selk them to?

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 9:12:55 PM PDT
KNEH says:
Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts and info. I appreciate the phone number Moonquake gave. I will give it a try and see what happens. James B. you're absolutely right I got carried away by the fact that I have been sending and receiving things from Amazon that it didn't even cross my mind to buy a confirmation or insurance I know I will next time. I hope this is issue is resolved for everyone so this service can get far better credibility.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 1:24:42 AM PDT
CBB says:
I'm noticing they are more likely to *scam* you if you send more than 1 book at a time. Which is something I never do, and I've yet to have any issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 6:49:43 AM PDT
S. B. Earle says:
The same thing happened to me, at around the same time. I sent back the books using their form and never was notified that I had a gift card. They don't make it easy to find someone to tell about this.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 8:33:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2011 8:42:58 AM PDT
James Nipe hit the nail on the head. Always, ALWAYS buy delivery confirmation and insurance when you ship anything worth over, say $50, via the USPS. If you're using UPS, purchase insurance if your items are worth over $100. So, if something unexpected happens, you can get your money back.

Maybe I have been incredibly lucky, but all my buybacks- 11 so far- have gone through with no problem. I have always been paid within 3 business days after the package was delivered. It should never take 1 month for them to process your buybacks!

Finally, remember Amazon is neither the only place nor the best place (price-wise) to sell your textbooks. If you want to find which online book merchant is paying the highest price for your books, I highly recommend using www.bookscouter.com. This website compares prices from several book buying websites (they say over 40) and then displays them in decreasing order. Be sure to read user reviews and deal only with reputable merchants (those with >4 stars).

Again, buy delivery confirmation AND insurance! My guess is the book buying company is less likely to be dishonest when they see the tracking and insurance stickers on the box.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:16:42 PM PDT
Grace Lynn says:
I almost always use delivery confirmations when sending any books. I never have any problems and the item can be tracked online to confirm the delivery date. Delivery confirmation cost around 60 cents. The one time I did not when returning a book to the seller I totally regretted it and lost over $30.00.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:49:38 PM PDT
KNEH says:
Hey guys I have good news...I called the number that Moonquake gave here earlier and Amazon reimbursed the amount that I was supposed to get because they saw it was my first time doing business with them and also checked through the tracking number that the package was on its way but it got never delivered. The operator was very nice and she said it was something unexpected and that's why they decided it would be nice to give a refund.

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 11:57:19 AM PDT
I would like to point out that the shipping is prepaid through the trade-in program, and you don't have to pay for delivery confirmation, just ask for it at the post office.

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 5:39:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2011 5:40:10 PM PDT
amazon's book buy back program is a scam, yes i sent my book ,that i bought from them in good condition, it was returned to me, binding ripped apart. in short they did not want to pay me what they qouted me. I put the option to send my book back, if you send anything to them, they will destroy it and send it back , or lowball you and give you nothing for it. a scam!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 7:46:52 AM PDT
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Help in the Let Us Help You list. Then click contact us which will be on the right side of the screen. You can get them to call you on the next page. They call you immediately. Good luck!

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 9:33:30 AM PDT
JesusJuice says:
Well first of all. You guys made the mistake of shipping a bunch of books together. SHIP THEM ONE AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! And call amazon.com 18002057575 there really nice and friendly and they'l make sure you get your funds. Also if your books were badly damaged and you clicked the option of not having them returned to you, then you will never know if they weren't to the customers sastisfaction. Also if you go to the "let us help you list" there is lots of options on what to do. Amazon buy back is not a scam.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (604 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions