Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Anyone sent a package on the Dec. 19th and shipment to amazon still hasn't been delivered?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2012 7:03:57 AM PST
Well, I had brought my package to the post office on December 19th with my deadline being the 21st. The shipment tracking shows that it was received on the 19th and the latest event listed was "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" in Cincinnati, OH. I shipped it from Michigan kinda near Detroit. Amazon still lists it as not received.

Now it's starting to worry me that my package has been lost somehow. I am also trying to account for the holidays being recently, but there have been so many days now that my package could have moved onto somewhere.

The package was somewhat bigger since I had 1 hardcover book and a couple of thinner 500 page paperback texts.

So really, I'm just curious to know if anyone else is having a similar issue right now, or if I should try to get a hold of the post-office?

I have used this many times before and I used it the same time last year and my package was delivered very fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 9:03:32 AM PST
Noelle says:
No similar experience here, but by now, if I were you, I'd definitely be contacting the USPS about where it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 9:12:58 AM PST
K. Eden says:
i ordered my cop of Tal R on December 17th... i ordered few books. all arrived aside from Tal R... im worried... how can we contact amazon?

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 9:29:52 AM PST
rbp18 says:
I'm having the same problem. Sent mine on the 21st and tracking says it is in Ohio but it Amazon says it has not received the package.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 10:38:54 AM PST
Risa E says:
I'm also having the same problem. I sent my package in on December 17th, but it stayed in Ohio for like a week. The USPS tracking says it was delivered on the 30th, but amazon hasn't received it.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 10:42:58 AM PST
I sent my package on the 28 and it still hows that it hasn't left my city.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 11:08:48 AM PST
Emily Lazzar says:
That's exactly what has happened to me. I shipped it from Grand Rapids, MI and the tracking info says the same thing: "processed through USPS sort facility" in Cincinnati since Dec. 22nd. I have never used the trade in store so I didn't know what to expect.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 1:55:07 PM PST
Beth says:
I ordered from Amazon on December 17th with guaranteed delivery by Christmas
Did not receive the item still show in Ohio with no updates since December.
Pretty crappy Christmas for my daughter. Amazon has finally replaced the item after 3 "live" chats and 3 phone calls. RIDICULOUS!!!

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 4:38:07 PM PST
S Reeve says:
I'm in exactly the same situation--I mailed my books back on Dec. 19, and they've been listed as in Cincinnati since Dec. 31. But I shipped from California. I figured that holiday mail probably kicked my media mail package to the back of the line, but I am starting to get worried.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 5:37:29 PM PST
M. Moran says:
I mailed mine out on the 15th.... and was in the same boat as you.... I was worried my books were lost in space somewhere.... but my books were received yesterday Jan 3rd. Hang in there. I have not got my credit though.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 5:38:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2012 5:47:15 PM PST
W. Zhang says:
Same here!!! Trade in Books!!! the shipment stopped at CINCINNATI, OH 45235
I mailed on December 27, was processed through USPS Sort Facility in JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097, then arrived in Cincinnati on December 30....It stopped there from that day.....
I did contact post office, provide the tracking #, the lady said, their system didn't show any record.??? confirmed the # again, still nothing, WHAT!!! I can see the tracking info on both amazon & USPS...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 6:04:36 PM PST
J. Driscoll says:
I sent my package to Amazon.com on December 21st. I got credit into my Amazon.com account today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:39:47 PM PST
I think something fishy is going on in Cincinnati OH. I sent a package back in August and last tracking place was there. I received the box top back a month later stating my package was seperated from the contents. Yeah right someone in Cincinnati cut the top off my box. The contents were never found. Hopefully this is not the same for you.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 10:07:23 PM PST
JAH says:
When I did my trade-in, Amazon gave a choice of USPS or UPS. I sent package out UPS Dec 30, book has arrived to Amazon and I have credit for trade in in my account.
Seems UPS can get it there faster.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:00:12 AM PST
S. Winder says:
We sent ours out from PA on 12/28 and it's stuck in NJ since the 2nd! All the posts are not giving me a good feeling about ours!

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 3:02:34 PM PST
Nava Viniar says:
Does anyone have a phone number for this sorting facility?
It seems my pkg. left FL on its way to AL and is now in Ohio -
USPS needs to learn where the states are located!

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 8:42:46 AM PST
VIDFAN says:
I feel your pain. I sold a book to someone in Maryland and the delivery confirmation number showed that the box was stuck in a Jersey City, NJ sorting facility. I googled that place and found tons of complaints against it. I filed a complaint but since i didn't insure the package, I assume it's gone into the USPS Bermuda Triangle! :(

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 1:29:37 PM PST
Sam H. says:
Never send things thru usps when ups is a choice ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2012 2:12:06 PM PST
Nava Viniar says:
Unfortunately, UPS has also left packages sitting in a warehouse somewhere for days.
They have no explanation as to why this might have happened-they simply say that someone 'dropped the ball.'

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 12:32:37 PM PST
A. Kalman says:
I purchased an MP3 player from Amazon and I think the package was lost in a tornado. Then the player arrived months later in the mail and water was dripping out of the box!
The weather has been really bad. You can't blame the post man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:46:02 PM PST
Flea says:
I am having the exact same problem. My package was there Dec 17 and hasn't been tracked again since. I am starting to freak out because it has already been 5 days now :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 9:06:27 PM PST
I'm having the same problem once again did you ever get the number for the post office if you did can i get it

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:04:50 PM PST
K. Boyles says:
Mine is exactly the same. I shipped my books on Dec. 17th from Huntsville, AL and they departed Cincinnati OH on the 21st and that is all. No more updated tracking info, I've been so worried!

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 4:42:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 4:43:44 AM PST
Delos says:
Don't know about yours for sure K. Boyles, but mine had a big sitting and waiting break - even after they'd actually been delivered - from December 27th till last night Jan. 2nd. This is not normal for the books people, it's normally processed the next day after delivery, and paid the day after that.

But all mine just went through in the late hours of last night and early hours this morning. There was a 5 day run where no UPS was running (Dec. 29th-Jan. 1st) so I'd bet that's why yours was held up. I'd expect you'll see them pop up again now at the delivery facility soon. UPS must have given their drivers, finally, some time off after being slammed at Xmas - so they (the buyback folks) probably just got a massive shipment of books at the check-in facility yesterday they've been working through like devils into the wee hours to catch up processing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 5:48:27 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions