Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

i have the same book, but ISBN has different numbers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 24, 2016 4:05:00 PM PDT
can anyone help me.. the book i have has an isbn but when i type in comes up with different title? but the title that comes is from the same author?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2016 12:25:47 PM PDT
A. Library says:
what happened when you complained and wanted a refund?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2016 12:17:39 AM PST
Tanvir K. says:
yes it is a textbook

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2016 6:31:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2016 6:34:26 AM PST
Kristen L. says:
List it using the ISBN, but also include an image of the front cover. When you go to list it, enter the ISBN instead of the title to bring up the correct listing. Is it a textbook?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2016 11:26:58 PM PST
Tanvir K. says:
what do you think is it gonna work?I need suggestions

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2016 6:32:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2016 6:33:13 PM PST
Kristen L. says:
If it's a different ISBN, then there is something that has changed about the book. Essentially it's not the same book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2016 5:41:12 PM PST
Tanvir K. says:
what happens if the book's name and edition are the same but different ISBN number?Are they same or not?

Posted on Jan 6, 2016 12:21:40 PM PST
Caren Baum says:
Half of the ISBN # is correct on my book. My book was bundled with another book when I bought it at my school. Can i still sell it or no?

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:33:56 PM PDT
Kristen L. says:
I have a new book titled, "Understanding Sociology", edited by Nandi Crosby, copyright 2004. The ISBN on the book is 1932741003, or 9781596021112. The problem I am having with listing this book is this ISBN is taken by another book with a completely different cover entitled, "Introduction to Sociology", and lists names that are not in my book. I did list mine using the ISBN with a note under the book's condition regarding this, but since I'm a new seller, I don't want someone to hit me with bad feedback because it's not the book pictured under the used offerings. I tried leaving the ISBN blank and creating a new listing, but apparently I can't leave it blank. Can someone help?
Introduction to Sociology, 5th Edition

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 4:38:39 PM PST
Iliana says:
I want to trade in my psychology book. But there's too different isbn numbers. The isbn numbers from the inside don't Match the numbers on the outside by the barcode. What can j do ?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2014 9:00:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2014 9:00:34 AM PDT
I thought you were talking about one of my books -- Maybe who actually made the book had the ISBN, and possible the writer had his own ISBN for the book. That happened to me. I have a page in the Bowker where the ISBN's are done, and when my book was finished, I put mine in my page, and had my own numbers for the book. And the corporation who actually got it together in the book used their own ISBN in a page in my book. It was crazy to me, but there was nothing I could do about it. And now my book is into Amazon & other stores -- and if it was sold, they just gets the money. Terrible. If you look at mine, you can see who gets that money -- See at "Souvenirs in Alaska" by Connie McFadden Tonsgard. Maybe that is one reason you had gotten the two different ISBN's on the book you were talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2014 6:32:26 AM PDT
D. Young says:
I bought the book from a friend of mine who bought it from the university's book store the year before. The book is
Calculus: Early Trancendentals Single Variable
University at Buffalo
7th Edition
By James Stewart

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2014 11:09:00 PM PDT
Where did you get the book? And what is the title?

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 10:58:11 PM PDT
D. Young says:
I have a university specific calculus textbook. I have found websites (including Amazon) where I can buy the textbook with the ISBN number, but when I go to sell the book, every website says the ISBN number doesn't exist. I really want to sell this book, but I can't because I face this issue everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014 2:23:30 PM PDT
The ISBN usually is always inside a book -- the first or second page.

Posted on May 17, 2014 10:39:12 AM PDT
Shawn says:
I ordered the the Project Management: The Managerial Process with MS Project (The Mcgraw-Hill Series Operations and Decision Sciences) from Amazon. I tried to trade it in for an Amazon gift card and they told me the ISBN does not match. How can this be if I ordered the book from Amazon, expecting a version with the right ISBN, and then being told it has the wrong ISBN. Again this was ordered from Amazon.
What are my options? Can I get a refund since they sent me a version with a different ISBN?

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 2:54:17 PM PST
ZhiliShao says:
i have the book but only got the ISBN number, and the other identifications of the book are destroyed, can i still sell this book?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2013 4:51:10 AM PST
Not sure if anyone answered this, but an "exam copy" is a free copy provided by the publisher to a teacher or a department head to determine if they want to use the textbook (most are usually marked "Evaluation Copy", but sometimes are stamped "Exam Copy").

The book was provided for evaluation at no charge, and was not intended by the publisher to be sold. Is it illegal to sell? Probably not. Is it unethical to sell a "free book" for a profit? Probably.

So now you know "what you got".

Posted on Dec 29, 2013 3:17:23 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 29, 2013 3:26:01 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2013 4:47:14 PM PDT
Blinken says:
Don't worry! : ) You didn't intrude, more that I was concerned you would get a quick or proper response from posting here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2013 5:35:07 AM PDT
Yes, thank you. I realize now I should have been on Author Central and have since done that. Problem is hopefully getting resolved in that my publisher is uploading all the files, once again, to Ingrams . There was a breakdown somewhere. Sorry to intrude on the wrong post.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2013 3:43:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2013 3:44:58 AM PDT
Blinken says:
Well, not to sound mean - but this is definitely the wrong place to get it resolved. This particular corner of the forums, I meant. Unfortunately, you've already hit up the couple other answers I would have had - getting a new ISBN, and contacting your publisher to help.

I'm assuming they'll be more people who might have had specific experience with this, who may have advice to lend over on the author central forums:
http://authorcentral.amazon.com

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 8:48:59 AM PDT
Does anyone have the answer for this. I am an author -- just did a revision on my book - second edition. Amazon shows the revised book cover - but they do not show that there is a second edition - only showing the original publication date. Someone from FB ordered the book, right around the time my revision was supposed to be up and running - I assumed the timing was right because the book cover showed the change, but they got the first edition -- NOT the second edition. I am concerned because my author manager told me when we were doing the revision that we didn't need to change the ISBN number. Now I am not certain if folks are getting the newly revised book. I ordered a box of 50 from my publisher and mine are OK, from Ingrams, but that may be because my publisher put through the order. I don't know if maybe Amazon and other wholesalers, have a stock and continue to send out what they have -- even though I am supposed to be print by order according to my publisher. Confused to say the least, and my author manager is not answering my email. Grrrrr

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2013 8:09:16 PM PDT
Merrill says:
I have the same problem, I bought a STUDENT book (through Amazon) and now I want to sell it back. However, your site says the ISBN number is incorrect. What do I do?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:44:39 PM PST
I've looked at your book --I don't think the ISBN is so difficult. It is just a lot of money to pay for it. My problem is that mine is so many 100 poems and 100 pretty pictures in it, and the book needs to be in the actual stores so people can look inside of them and read many of the poems and then decide if they want to buy them. Who was the corporation maker? Brooks Cole? Did they tell you they would send them to many cities and stores for you, and then didn't truly do that? That is what happened to me, and I was very angry.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (627 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions