Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Is highlighting ok?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2011 5:58:06 PM PDT
C. Hadley says:
Serveral pages in my book have words highlighted. Does anyone know if they accept books in this condition?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2011 10:28:58 AM PDT
LaDeDa says:
here are the requirements (may be LIGHTLY highlighted) read below

Book - Good Condition Eligibility Criteria
Trade-In items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Books Trade-In Store. The exact version is determined by the Book ISBN.
Please check your item to ensure it meets this criteria:

Item shows minor wear from normal use and is clean in appearance
Item has intact cover, pages, binding, and no tears
Item may be lightly highlighted
Item has no notes or markings
Item has no torn or folded pages
Item has no personalization or name(s) on the cover or pages
Study guides and workbooks should have no answers filled in
Originally issued supplemental materials included (like CD-ROMs, access codes, study guides etc.)

Important Note: Books having one or more of the conditions listed below will not be accepted.
Book - Not Acceptable Eligibilty Criteria

Library copy
International edition
Custom edition textbooks (typically has a school name listed)
Water damaged (wavy, swollen or discolored, crinkled, stains, rings)
Broken spine or binding
Books with torn or taped cover
Missing, torn, or loose pages
Burns, fire, or smoke damage
Strong odor of any kind (including musty odor, cigar or cigarette odor)
Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale) anywhere on the cover or inside

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 12:25:37 PM PDT
Rach says:
what if you bought it with "unacceptable" conditions?

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 3:43:33 PM PDT
Last semester I bought a textbook from Amazon that was "Used - Good Condition". However when I received it almost every line on every page was highlighted. I felt like I was going to have a seizure every time I looked at the pages. The book itself was in good condition but because of the excessive highlighting I was not happy. I complained and amazon refunded my money (As per the usual excellent customer service amazon provides). If you have a few helpful highlights here and there in the book, that shouldn't be a problem and can even be a benefit to the next person to receive the book. However, if you have highlighted entire paragraphs or entire pages, that will likely be a problem.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:34:30 PM PST
Allie says:
I'm kind of torn on "lightly highlighted". Overall, my book is lightly highlighted, but it does have some full paragraphs of highlight. These are important things. Considering I got a really high grade in the class, I like to think that my highlights are helpful, but not sure whether they'll take it. Any thoughts?

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:55:41 PM PST
Delos says:
Loose binding, wrong ISBN, liquid damage - any hint of those will get it rejected for sure. I've never had one turned down due to too much highlighting, and I've traded in MANY.

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 2:08:20 PM PST
I have a small tear on the cover of my book maybe an inch long. would that book be returned. There is no highlighting or any other damage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (598 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions