Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Is it OK if I used it to nudge several people towards Death Valley with it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2651-2675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 14, 2012 10:53:39 AM PDT
thriftypb says:
P.S. The above was probably already used before, too, but--hey--being memory-challenged can have benefits: everything old is new again!
psomethingorother

Additional disclaimer: Having had relatives with dementia, I am not belittling the devastating effects of memory loss, but am merely laughing nervously at what the future might bring. It's not an inevitable fate, but frightening, and I choose to laugh at myself---while I can!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 10:56:00 AM PDT
thriftypb says:
I love fudge!

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:26:05 PM PDT
Hi PB. Thanks for calling attention to my error! Now I have to resist the urge to correct it. To err is human....sigh.
Don't worry about making the errors and not catching them being a problem with your brain. It's actually because our brains are smart enough to auto-correct mistakes as we read them that it slipped by. I hadn't even thought about your mistake, my brain just "fixed" it in my head as I was reading. Who knows, maybe there was a Jonas brother around entertaining Jonah in the belly of that whale...just sayin'! (or would that be Brother Jonas??)
Karen, nudge not lest ye be nudged...Love it!! McGrath Nails It!!!
Pb, now I've got the tune Here Comes The Sun running through my head with the words "here comes the nudge, little darlin', here comes the nudge, and I say...It's alright, da da da da da..."
by the way Thrifty...psomethingorother? hahahaha! You crack me up! :)
Ok, gotta go. Real life is pulling me back through the vortex! Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
TTFN,
Jenn (ILF2...I love fudge too; and I'm not indefatigable! Indubitably.)

Posted on May 15, 2012 11:06:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 11:10:31 AM PDT
How much Nudging could a book nudger nudge if a book nudger had no Fudge? How far would you Budge from a book nudger's nudge if she nudged you with a giant sized Grudge? Would you then hold a grudge against the nudger with no fudge? would you haul her into court before a Judge? Or would you order her more fudge in hopes of easing up her grudge and curse her with a big fudge Pudge? Perhaps you'd ease her grudge with some music played by Mudge or read some Drudge to bore her to her doom? Whatever choice you make, be sure you do it soon, and take along the nearest, largest Tome!

as always, TTFN!
Jenn :p

Posted on May 15, 2012 11:24:04 AM PDT
K. McGrath says:
Love it. The only thing missing was:

One nudge, two nudge
Red nudge, blue nudge.

I nudge you not.

Posted on May 15, 2012 6:49:00 PM PDT
LOL, Karen. I remember WriterGal had written a Dr. Seuss rhyme once after I challenged someone to do it. Wait...found it! Here it is:

I could hit them with a book,
followed by a stiff right hook.
I could graze them with a chair,
Or use the poems of Baudelaire.

Could I bludgeon with a bat?
No, I prefer a text that's fat!
While some prefer a good chainsaw,
I prefer the works of Shaw.
-WriterGal

Ah, such a classic. Oh yeah...ipads are cool!

Indefadubidabletigably,
Jenn

Posted on May 16, 2012 9:37:40 AM PDT
Respectfully, this thread needs to die.

Seriously.

Please move on.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:37:42 PM PDT
CJ says:
RAR RAR RAR. You guys are having a party and I don't like that kind of party, so you shouldn't have it. RAR RAR RAR.

Hate to be THAT guy's neighbor.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:20:22 AM PDT
thriftypb says:
And Stephanie nails it!
No further rebuttal required.
pb

Posted on May 17, 2012 1:19:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 1:20:21 PM PDT
Billy is cranky because he missed the bus to Death Valley....

Jenn

Posted on May 18, 2012 12:24:47 PM PDT
suzyf921 says:
I just walked through the looking glass into this forum... what a treat! Hope it continues well beyond the current page no. 107 so that I can check in periodically! good for all of you regulars on this forum (and I'm sure you really know who you are by now!)....

Posted on May 19, 2012 9:31:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 9:32:46 AM PDT
K. McGrath says:
Fellow clubbers of TCTSNBN and positive periodic drive-by posters (welcome to the thread suzy!)... I have a recommendation of a short story by a fav author, <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Book-Case-Kindle-Single-ebook/dp/B007GBTB0Q>

If I did that correctly, it should take you to a Nelson DeMille short story, The Book Case. I think DeMille might be a closet clubber as his story is replete with sarcasm about cause of death, if the book case didn't do in the victim, another smack, er, nudge in the head might do the trick.

And to tie in the author to where this particular thread usually pops up... his books, murder mysteries for the most part, are so....

text book.

Sorry. Puns-Я- Us.

Posted on May 21, 2012 10:51:06 AM PDT
<Just a quick hello to you all! It's a busy day. This morning my fifth grader "graduated" , and I also got to bring home our cat Cheeto from the vet. He nearly died Friday, we thought he wasn't going to make it (and it's only been a couple of months since I had to put down his kitty wife). But bless his little heart, he was a fighter! (He basically went into congestive heart failure and respiratory failure drowning from the excess fluid). All that was caused by a reaction to one of his shots he had a couple of days before. He had to camp out at the vets all weekend for monitoring, but he's home now. I'm leaving in a little bit to go pick up a 7 month old girl kitty from the cat adoption lady at our Petco store. I hope Cheeto likes his new friend, it's kind of a crazy day considering, but we'll manage! Hope everyone else is having a great day.>

TTFN (wink wink)
Jenn
Your reply to Bruce Machen Ward's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 22, 2012 5:32:56 PM PDT
<The excitement never ends. Today I attended my kindergartners end of year celebration. I was gone for about an hour, and when I came home with my sons (we walk because we live so close) we found that there was a k-9 cop car and a black van sitting in front of our house. Looked like a stake out. Well, it WAS a stake out. They sat there all day. Every time I left home and came back they were still there. Finally the k-9 unit left, but the van stayed. This started sometime after 9 a.m. Finally around 4:30p.m. the bust went down. They got a neighbor who lives just down and around the corner from my house. I don't know the person, but it is creepy to think that such a person lived so close to us and to an elementary school. I also live in a really nice area, with some fairly high priced homes. I imagine it was for selling drugs. I'm just glad they finally got him. It was a bit unnerving seeing them sitting at my curb all day and them watching us coming and going. I was beginning to worry they were after me, just waiting to see if I was illegally selling any nudging devices or if they'd found out about the printing press for the Sir notes in my garage! (I'm sure one of our wonderful story writers could do a number with my circumstances from today! I personally am too tired to be creative right now.) All in all it was a good day, and I'm now enjoying my first lap time with the new kitty Molly while I sit here in the recliner with my feet up. Have a good evening!>
Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do....whatcha gonna do when they come for you......

TTFN,
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 7:35:14 AM PDT
It sounds like the Nudging was done in a very gentle manner, only broke off the corners of the book and sent 10 people to the hospital. Not a bad days work.

Posted on May 26, 2012 7:40:10 PM PDT
<I don't know about you all, but when you've been enjoying your food and you need to pick it out of your teeth but want that flavor of your favorite food to last, these really do the trick. And then when someone tells you you look like a hillbilly pickin' yer teeth, use this baby to teach them not to poke fun. After you give them a piece of your mind, they might need first aid. Or if they don't survive the lesson, and the day is a bit hot and they get a bit ripe, you might need a few of these. I personally prefer lip balm that's tasty too, and it sure beats carrying around a piece of bacon to rub on your lips all day! For Christmas, I'm getting you all the perfect gift. Well, I guess it's time for me to stop goofing off and go make the bed, put on some PJs and watch a late night scary movie. Of course, there's always time for two movies, and what's better with bacon than these? I know what your thinking...>
Goodnight!
TTFN
Jenn

Posted on May 26, 2012 7:44:23 PM PDT
<Darn, I hit the magic ten links. It took out what I know you were thinking...>
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 10:09:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 10:24:48 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Naw, you don't have to stop-- I enjoy some good insanity now and again, especially such consistently well-themed insanity.
Were you perhaps a mite hungry as you sat down to post, Jenn?
I am looking forward to my holiday bacon ornament, as are we all, I'm sure!
I LOLed the most at the two movies! Always liked Kevin, ever since Footloose!

Misc: Jenn, give Cheeto and Molly a pat and an ear scratch for me. We had Yellow and Sylvester a long time ago--nice purring and lap warming, not so nice cat hair everywhere!
Whew! Good thing you played it cool and da fuzz didn't snoop around your TCTSNBN paraphernalia!
And, Karen, I do enjoy me a good pun, as well as mysteries that are...textbook!
Also, Hi, Suzy!
Adios for now,
pb

Almost forgot, so I'll add this P.S. -- Thanks, Jenn <said drippping with sarcasm as I shake my fist at you in only slightly mock indignation and frustration>. Last Tuesday, the 22nd, for reasons unknown, I spent a good part of my day singing "Bad boy, bad boy... " over and over, but, well, <wait for it...> whatcha gonna do?

Oh, and Hi, Edward!

Posted on May 27, 2012 4:00:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 10:27:22 PM PDT
PB...
LOL. That is about as foot loose as one can get, isn't it?!? Loved it. Sorry for getting the tune stuck in your head, hehehe. And for no reason other than I knew there would be tons of bacon related items did I pick that theme. However, I will confess I have bacon and tomatoes in the fridge right now. It goes great with some fresh bread. I wonder how much "bread" one can stuff in this? Sort of an inside out sandwich of sorts...of course, now I'm confused. We often "burn the candle at both ends" to "bring home the bacon" from working. But we're also called "bread winners" and we want to "make a lot of dough." So are we butchers and bakers, or candlestick makers? Ahhh, so confusing. Makes me feel the need to nudge someone.
Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day holiday. Thanks to all those who have served or are serving our nation. God Bless You!
Jennifer

Posted on May 27, 2012 10:39:02 PM PDT
<*&%$##@ it! Oops, I guess now you're gonna wash my mouth out with soap. Beats getting nudged by bacon! Ok, I guess I got it out of my system.>

Jenn

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:13:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2012 2:18:24 AM PDT
R. Miller says:
Jenn - I didn't understand why you didn't mention this kind of Bread ? It was my favorite when I was a kid. I often Wonder why certain things Disappear. When you mentioned what goes with bacon, I'm surprised you didn't mention these? (Xcuse me bout that one ref - Amazon doesn't sell wonder bread amazingly!)

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:59:26 AM PDT
Hi Robert! Like the links. And that one link... were those some fresh wonder buns or what?! Mercy. I think I'm awake now. Glad you dropped in, hope you're having a nice Memorial Day. I'm home with the kids, hubby had to work (big surprise...NOT). His workplace has gone...well, you know. I won't even get started on THAT subject. I'm liable to flip out.
TTFN,
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:23:11 AM PDT
mango™ says:
Jenn/Short for Bruce, you forgot this, Tsk tsk... Oh I gave the bandages to my grandsons 2 yrs ago, and this Christmas my son received this. Twisted minds think alike.

Good luck with Cheeto and little Molly!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 10:25:26 AM PDT
mango™ says:
Footloose.....muahahahaha!

Posted on May 28, 2012 11:11:32 AM PDT
Hi Mango! (waving wildly)
You know, I tried to find that darn air freshener, but it wouldn't give me the link! But that's ok, because it's so hot now where I live, that when we get in the car, we all start sizzling and smelling like bacon anyway! And my brain starts feeling like scrambled eggs and I feel toasted. So I guess I become like walking breakfast...Cheeto and Molly are wonderful! They are becoming play buddies already. Molly is loads of entertainment too. She jumps up on the tv stand every time we start Netflix-she spots the little cursor hand and goes nuts, lol. And her little meow is so cute. She'll be good to keep Cheeto young and active. It's hard to believe he nearly died, he's recovered so well. Thank goodness!!! There is a link where you can see our little Molly (formerly Gretl) if curious: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22914936-Gretl-Calico-Cat-Bartlett-TN
PB, we're even because now I keep humming the Footloose song! "I gotta cut loose, footloose..."

Jenn
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (599 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  179
Total posts:  2812
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions