Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Is it OK if I used it to nudge several people towards Death Valley with it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2676-2700 of 2812 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 28, 2012 11:16:55 AM PDT
mango™ says:
I tried to add one of my faves, "Inflatable Toast", but it seems to have gone the way of the dodo. *** Le sigh***

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 11:21:26 AM PDT
mango™ says:
What a pretty girl she is!! So glad they're doing well together!

Posted on May 28, 2012 6:15:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2012 9:58:25 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Impartial observation:
We are people who are very funny.
(Sounds better than my original, We are very funny people.)
pb

Posted on May 28, 2012 11:47:46 PM PDT
PB,

Haha, nice observation. And did you figure out why I picked that link for PB? (insert stupid grin)...it's because you are someone who can deal with the likes of us clubbers!

Mango...(this explains the French sigh I suppose),
I tried to find the inflatable toast too, but it was long gone. Guess we'll have to settle for this instead. It will go great with eggs. TTFN Mango!

(pssst...Martin, are you lurking any? You are missed!)
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 11:51:18 PM PDT
< Psstt, I'm lurking. Software death march keeping me temporarily out of action, to our mutual regret! >

Posted on May 29, 2012 8:41:31 AM PDT
<*whispering*....Hey Martin! Hope you can resurrect your software and join us sometime soon. Good to see you're still around! Good luck.>
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 9:35:39 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Jenn, your haha LOL insert elicited a true LOL from this loose screw (AKA she who evidently can deal with those who are loose!).

And mango's in Paris French sigh...!! Tres bien!
I guess twelve kids and fourteen pets, at last count, aren't enuf to keep you occupied--you come up with the bestest inserts!
I stole a peek at your newest purr machine, too. She looks tres sweet.

Hey, mango!!
Hey, Martin!!
Always nice to "hear' your voices.
pretty basic, sans inserts tonite!
Your reply to thriftypb's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 30, 2012 8:38:38 AM PDT
Touche.

Jenn ;-)

Posted on May 30, 2012 8:52:01 AM PDT
P.S. PB,
You had me LOLing at the kids and pets count! Glad you enjoyed the inserts and my little purr machine.
Still short for Bruce,
Jenn

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 10:57:26 AM PDT
<Looks like a few more tourists missed the bus and need a guided tour in the right direction. What's with all the negative clickers? Some people...

Jenn

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 11:48:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2012 11:49:34 AM PDT
thriftypb says:
Ha, ha. Good summation, Jenn.
One nay-sayer = shrug; two is a bit puzzling.
I mean <using modest voice>, to know us is to love us.
pb

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 12:01:45 PM PDT
< pb, I think that item has found its price floor at $0.01. Order it and offer to pick it up in person to avoid shipping costs and see what the vendor says. >

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 1:29:09 PM PDT
<Thrifty, that was some spot on linkage! Well done. Ah, the memories...>
Jenn

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 1:43:59 PM PDT
<Mwuahahaha! I've been playing an ongoing phone game called DrawSomething with my teenager. She hasn't made a drawing since yesterday, so instead of having a button that says "remind"...get ready for this----it says NUDGE. That's awesome!!! I have to go find a big book now...later! :p>

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 9:30:03 PM PDT
Obviously this guy has read Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior, page 10, i.e., the re-branding of Death Valley to make it, "...less threatening, more inclusive, supportive for the less secure."

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:22:41 AM PDT
<Just my observation, but this thread's HAPPY readers and participants obviously have the upper hand. Those who take time out to read the posts just to click NO on them....well, we managed to draw you here and you wasted time on something you don't think is worthwhile. So why are you coming here if we haven't gotten the best of your curiosity?? HMMM???? >
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 12:06:34 PM PDT
mango™ says:
Thrifty,

What a great compilation of all our quirks/facets!! Very impressive, especially the dog in pirate costume!!!

My guess is that one of the neggies comes from a Sock Puppets.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 12:15:11 PM PDT
< Yes, but do you remember how sock puppets came into play on this thread during the BP oil spill? >

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:03:18 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:07:50 AM PDT
thriftypb says:
Hi, David,
I gave you a "yes" vote since you merely relayed your observation on, I assume, the length and crazy details of a_math's OP.
a_math did conclude this thread was taking too much of his time and signed off a while back. He had jokingly restated a much shorter OP from a fun thread that Amazon chose to pull. Other contributors to the original and new folks who like to join in have continued with our occasional creative storylines and our other joking, and real life sharing, too.
So, that's why this unusual thread continues.
Peace Baby

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:37:19 AM PDT
Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior

In "Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior," Billy O'Brien, a young, somewhat naive MBA gets his position as a K Street Warrior because the firm's CEO is impressed by Billy's plan to change "Death Valley" to "Challenge Valley," as the latter would be "...less threatening, more inclusive, supportive for the less secure."
Makes sense to me.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:38:17 AM PDT
Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior

In "Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior," Billy O'Brien, a young, somewhat naive MBA gets his position as a K Street Warrior because the firm's CEO is impressed by Billy's plan to change "Death Valley" to "Challenge Valley," as the latter would be "...less threatening, more inclusive, supportive for the less secure."
Makes sense to me.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:24:40 AM PDT
K. McGrath says:
The clubbers gathered around the unfolded road map of Southern California to locate Challenge Valley. Writergal, still under her blanket, had been consuming copious amounts of Triple-foam asphaltaccino, unfiltered. Her addiction to the Venti sized drink coupled with the massive need of the primary ingredient had begun to deplete freeway miles and effect transportation, deliveries of goods to market, Amazon purchases to buyers and biscotti deliveries to Starbucks.

Was this a nudge too far?

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 10:30:44 PM PDT
<HAHA, love it Karen! I have a mental image of dirt roads behind us, and short-lived pavement ahead of us. Is there such a thing as nudging too far? Nahhhhhh! Now here...Have a Route 66 triple foam Venti size. Don't choke on the pebbles.
Walter, thanks for the insight! Challenge Valley. Supportive for the less secure....lol. THAT is funny.>
Jenn

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 10:57:52 AM PDT
Thanks - the book is better: "Beelzebub O'Brien, K Street Warrior" - on Amazon

Walter
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  179
Total posts:  2812
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions