Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Is it OK if I used it to nudge several people towards Death Valley with it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2726-2750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 24, 2012 8:52:16 AM PDT
Hum Bleone says:
What are you all smoking here?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 8:55:54 AM PDT
Hum Bleone says:
Martin,
You need to cut down on purple haze and get a life (i.e. a female companion, and not a rubber one)...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 10:19:21 AM PDT
< Are you licensed to offer medical advice? If not, there are severe penalties for impersonating a doctor. If you ARE an M.D., do you take United Healthcare insurance? If not, I can't afford your advice. >

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 4:03:47 PM PDT
< Note that L.S. did not provide a real name but rather a German term expressing a crude sexual boast. Now that we've established that L.S. is a cowardly braggart, I see no more reason to waste energy on a troll. >

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 4:34:53 PM PDT
Well, I am often hesitant to offer any words. However, your post struck a very interesting concern-the real impact of your nudging. Additionally, this nudging produced a wave of negative energy, calculable; however, only by the mathematicians concerned with the impact of such events on history, future and time as well as having the ability to attach the algebraic expression of such an event to the origin or string of expressions producing. Now for the existing concern, as long as the book is legible I am sure a purchaser would be pleased. However, I would concern myself with any events occurring from passing on a book which shared in such a cataclysmic exchange of energy. Lastly, an apology most likely helped deter any future negativity that may occur as a result of the nudging.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:55:03 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Martin,
Totally agree.

Catalytic,
Interesting angle (perhaps a cute one!) on the situation.
(ok, I can hear the groans.)

All Y'alls,
Hey!
pb

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:03:11 PM PDT
K. McGrath says:
Catalytic Catalpa may, or may not, have nailed it. But Martin, with fine surgical accuracy, showed his superior skill at the written joust with a drive-by nudger. Mr. Sir, I salute you! <Pssst, what is the secret salute?>

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:37:01 PM PDT
<whew, I may have to take refuge here. The real world is too stifling...we have a high of 102 with a heat advisory, an air quality alert, and a code red ozone warning! Did I mistakenly take the bus to Death Valley?? And the migraine I woke up with....I'm going to nudge myself soon to escape all these conditions! Hope everyone else is doing well.>
TTFN,
Jenn

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 12:47:11 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Happy Fourth, my fellow countrymen and women (and, in case you're checking in, a_math, hi and, well, er, sorry about that--but not really...),

The day after reading your post about the heat wave, Jenn, it hit the east coast, too, and it became truly summer--whew!
I looked for a humorous salute for us, Karen, and came up empty, but here's a couple of good ones for now!
patriotic babe

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 2:45:22 PM PDT
Thrifty,
Lookin' good in your patriotic babe outfit! Thanks to the heat wave and lack of rain, I've spent the past three days battling a major ant invasion! I cringe at the mental picture of the inside of my walls and ceilings...those things have a major colony all the way around my foundation. Did I mention I HATE ants?!?! I need to buy a pet ant eater/aardvark for defense, because I have thoroughly poisoned myself so many times over the past few years that we've had an ant problem. No matter how hard I try not to inhale the fine spray, I still suck it in(even a face mask gives limited help). I sprinkled some cinnamon in a few locations of trail and that seems to be helping a bit. My sister-in-law says it works and I'm willing to try anything nontoxic at this point! (If I disappear from here never to be heard from again, you'll know I was carried off by a large swarm of ants seeking revenge!) I even tried spraying them with some cinnamon air freshener I had under the cabinet. I figured if it was the oil they didn't like it might work. It actually stopped a few in their tracks! Oh, the desperation....it's okay, you can all laugh at me now...
Hope everyone has enjoyed and safe and wonderful holiday.
Jenn

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 3:12:03 PM PDT
R. Miller says:
Hi Jenn, you have a problem with Antz? For me it's wood bees, not to be confused with Would Be's. Happy to find you again - I used a whole can of bee killer spray on an old railroad tie that had a nest the size of a grapefruit. For days afterwards, there were still about 5 or 6 of 'em flying around, preventing me from doing yard work in that part of the yard. Try borax on the ants - they are supposed to die from it, and I suspect it's plain laundry detergent. Hope you had a nice 4th! Stay Cool

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 6:01:50 PM PDT
Hi Robert! Nice to see you dropped in again. Thanks for the tip on the ants. A friend of mine just mentioned to me earlier about some homemade solution of boric acid, sugar and water. I guess you make a spray? and she said it takes a couple of days, but does get rid of them. Supposedly there is a link on Pinterest...Guess that will be the next defense test! I'm tired of fighting them, but I guess it's not as bad as some battles. Gotta run, need to go outside and do a little rain dance, it's skirting us but not doing anything yet!
Jenn

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 8:58:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 9, 2012 7:46:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 9:57:57 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Hi, Walter,
We evidently have a lot in common: I have ridden in planes, listen to public radio (sometimes), enjoy dramatic presentations of many forms, have had a loan or two, love Sea World (Orlando, tho), am married to a retired Army officer, and am usually even nice to telemarketers.
And I think it's both coincidental and pretty cool that your book features a protagonist who attempts to rename and rebrand Death Valley.
Yet I'm hoping you'll rethink using our thread to plug your book.
Hey, you've already gotten some good reviews, and I may even check it out one day when it's been around long enuf to come down in price on a used copy (living up to my name!).
Coming by to chat or say Hey is always cool, tho!
pb

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:31:05 AM PDT
...It's also on Kindle...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 3:28:20 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Ok, kinda cute reply, Walter, but would you mind picking up that scarf I accidentally dropped over there---WHUMP. WHACK.

<Note to self: hardbacks and Kindles seem to work equally well.>

Enjoy Challenge Valley when you wake up. Sorry to harsh your mellow, but that's the way we roll hereabouts.
patrolling borders

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:25:18 PM PDT
...Interesting...

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 11:53:03 PM PDT
Perfectly executed, PB! (does that stand for pro beatings as well?)
Yes, Walter, it is interesting here.
Jenn
(note to self, get a Kindle. Preferably a kindle fire. Flaming nudging objects sound interesting. And if I can't afford the kindle, I'll just light my nudging weapons before I swing them.)

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:15:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 10:16:45 PM PDT
<Well, I tried the flaming nudging device. You know, sometimes ideas pay off, and sometimes you get burned. Next amazon purchase I make...>
Jenn the fire noob

P.S. Hi Robert

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 8:14:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 8:18:29 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
It's hot.
Not that I'm complaining.
Well, maybe just a little.

Hope neither the ants nor the flames have overtaken you, Jenn; (prepare for proverbial kitten) hang in there.
(Didn't think you were in excessive distress; just couldn't resist a chance to summon the kittens!)
pb

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 9:37:21 PM PDT
Hi Thrifty! The ants haven't carried me off...yet. For now I'm winning. I decided the safest flaming nudge device was this. FYI, don't swing an actual flaming nudge device too close to your own head if you wear hairspray....you won't like the results! Not that I would know from personal experience or anything...
It's really hot here too. Went out shopping for school supplies today, came home feeling much different thank when I left.
Hope everyone is doing well, TTFN
Just hangin',
Jenn

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 10:23:52 PM PDT
thriftypb says:
Jenn,
You had me loling! (lingol?)

(Kinda weird that we have a persistent nay-saying lurker, and so prompt, s/he must be set to get email notifications of new posts.)

Ooooh, Mr./Ms. negative interloper,
Hello, oh, sorry, would you mind picking up that scarf for me?.........(heehee.)

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 10:33:55 PM PDT
Hi Thrifty,
Of course they are tracking this thread! I told you how important we are to his/her life. They couldn't go without hitting the NO button on each and every post. It just confirms our importance. Just think of the lack of email that poor soul would have if he/she didn't get notifications from amazon. Hence, I shall continue to pop in from time to time and post something random to leave my charitable contribution to his/her life. (And I'm not Sherlock, but I'm guessing HE since history on this thread has proven that it's pretty much just men who are vocal about this thread being unimportant and try to run us off. But even if it's a woman....we ain't budging! However, WE'LL GLADLY HAND OUT NUDGING.)
Jenn
<and if I see a no vote later on, I'll KNOW how much you LOVE us mystery interloper :) >

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 6:01:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 6:02:35 AM PDT
mango™ says:
Jenn-Short-For-Bruce,

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth by safeDE - 2lb - This stuff worked great for me with my ants. It's non-toxic, and deadly to any soft bodied bugs that come into contact with it. It has microscopic sharp pieces thatcut them, but to people, it feels like talcum powder. I read about here on Ammy. Check it out if you're still struggling.

Hi every body!! <jumps up and down and waves>

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:47:24 AM PDT
Mango!
(waving madly)...
Thanks for the info! I think someone recently mentioned this earth stuff, but I wasn't sure where you get it, and they had said it was kind of expensive. They weren't kidding! Luckily, I seem to be winning the war at the moment. Thanks for popping by and letting me know, I will keep it in mind for future reference if the tides turn again! Hope you are doing well, TTFN!
Jenn (still short for Bruce)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (629 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  179
Total posts:  2812
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions