Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

Different Cover, same ISBN

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2012 5:33:28 PM PST
The cover they show on Amazon is different, mine is just a plain grey hardcover, but the ISBN number is the same. Should I still send it in?

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 5:51:48 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 1:30:40 PM PST
I haven't had any issue with it having a different cover if it has the exact same isbn number

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 9:55:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2012 9:55:40 PM PST
ix88 says:
Yes. It should not be a problem.

Besides, Amazon pays for the shipping and if they reject it, will send the book back.

I like how the "Help Forum Pro" did not even address the issue raised in your question.

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 10:07:07 AM PDT
I have this problem all time; especially when buying books by Phoebe Atwood Taylor. Even when I type in the correct ISBN for the copy I want, i.e. from Countryman Press , and not from Foul Play Press, 9/10 times I still receive the Foul Play Press version. I'm still not sure how to avoid this problem.

It's frustrating when I buy a book, expecting a nice cover picture of, say, a lit candle sitting in the window; but what I receive is a menacingly ugly melting candle with the resemblance of a skull on it. *shivers*

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2013 3:56:52 AM PDT
Blinken says:
If the ISBN matches what's ordered, then the problem is that some publishers can tend to get lazy, and re-use the same ISBN for what should be different editions, or a reprint edition. The only way I can think to avoid it is to select sellers who have offer specific images posted (not many do, yet, and probably not many will for low prices items), or click their storefront name, look for the Contact Seller link, and ask them directly which they have.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (629 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions