Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

What can you do if you've been scammed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2012 9:25:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2012 9:26:53 PM PDT
J. Bartley says:
I've read up on this a bit and there are many people on this forum that claim they have sent books in like-new condition that are rejected by third party sellers for being of unacceptable condition. The books are then returned damaged or possibly as different and less acceptable copies of the same text. People have suggested taking photos of the books before shipping them and including these photos in the shipment (as intimidation to the sellers?). They've suggested taking photos of your packing job and of the final package as evidence that if damaged did occur then it was by UPS in shipping... and thus you can cash in the on the UPS default shipping insurance. People have even suggested making a small pencil mark on a specific page so as to be sure, if the books are sent back, they are the same copies that were sent to them. This all sounds quite smart and reasonable. I wanted to post to this forum to ask if anyone who has been scammed has done anything about it. Legal president is certainly there, but I doubt anyone would actually pursue legal action over $200 in text books. Is there anything that Amazon can / will do about this kind of scam? If this happens to you, will Amazon hold any responsibility? There doesn't seem to be any method by which to hold dishonest third party booksellers accountable.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:53:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 28, 2013 5:26:05 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (595 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions