Customer Discussions > Textbook forum

How do I return rental books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 8:02:04 PM PST
I printed off the shipping labels and the pack-in sheet for returning the books I rented from Amazon. It says to simply put the pack-in sheet in the box and put the shipping label on it. What kind of boxes should I use?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:13:36 AM PST
K. Gallagher says:
Whatever you have handy should do it. Brown box thats sturdy for books I would say.

Posted on Nov 26, 2013 9:29:40 PM PST
I know I got my book from here but it isn't popping up where I can click to print off anything. It's not even showing where I rented it. Help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2013 7:49:43 PM PST
Go to your account and click on "Manage Textbook Rentals" then click on "Return Book" for the textbook you would like to return and it will load a new window with the shipping labels.

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 9:13:21 PM PST
Tucker Smith says:
Is there a expiration date on the gift card received?

Posted on Dec 21, 2013 12:19:49 PM PST
Estela says:
On the label that goes outside the box it says "FROM:" do I put my name and address info on it ?

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:34:43 PM PST
Ducks says:
Hey I have a question I have a rental due on the 29th and I shipped my book on the 24th will that be alright because I shipped my book rental before the return date? Or do I have to extend the book rental.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 10:46:48 PM PST
SM says:
I don't know about shipping on the 24th and it getting there on the 29th. I too have textbook rentals due on the 29th. I shipped them off on the 16th and I have yet to hear anything from Amazon. I continue to get emails about my rental being due, but nothing saying they received the books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2014 7:27:00 AM PST
M. Hasegawa says:
Same. This has happened to me too. I shipped my Rental book on 1-7-14 and I received an email today on 1-17-14 stating that my book is still due for rental. This doesn't make any since to me. I was reading on previous comments that it can take up to two weeks to make it to their office.

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 8:27:49 AM PST
M. Lord says:
Be warned. I received an already-damaged book assuming Amazon has a process of notating the books' conditions before shipping them out. Apparently they don't. I barely cracked the cover of this water-damaged, dog-eared textbook, returned it well before the due date with all the appropriate accompanying paperwork, and was still charged $105 for a "water damaged" book. They have access to my bank account and blatently removed the money before I received their auto email notifying me of the rental return rejection. If this isn't bad enough, just TRY to find a way to contact someone to dispute their underhanded decision. It took me over 45 minutes navigating around until I finally found some kind of "contact us" link which pulled up a "form" email. Of course, none of the pulldown options fit, so I did my best in stating my case, skeptical the entire time that it would work. Bottom line: I still don't have my $ back after 2 months.

Posted on Jan 30, 2014 2:28:41 PM PST
Xinli Huang says:
I'm returning my book rental before 30days, it says to use a box. Can I just use one of the envelopes from USPS? or does it have to be in a box?

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 11:30:38 AM PST
Xavier says:
Can I use the same box that the textbook came in to return it?

Posted on May 5, 2014 2:24:21 PM PDT
Ana says:
Do you have to pay for the shipping when you return your textbook you rented or does the labels include the shipping fee?

Posted on May 9, 2014 9:20:05 AM PDT
Lina says:
Can I put all my textbook rentals in one box instead of seperately when I return them?

Posted on May 11, 2014 6:25:29 AM PDT
Alex Lecorps says:
i bought some textbooks months ago but im not sure if some of them were rented or not. does amazon tell you if your book was rented or not because i really dont remember if i did or not and they are going to be due soon

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2014 6:44:46 AM PDT
Ana says:
Alex if you go under my account and under rented textbook it will give you all that info. When your ready to return press return. And you printout labels. Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2014 6:47:20 AM PDT
Ana says:
Lina you have to put them in separate boxes. There in the process of allowing you to ship them all together but not at this time

Posted on May 11, 2014 8:14:44 PM PDT
Md. I. says:
How can I return the rented book from Amazon?

Posted on May 27, 2014 1:57:57 PM PDT
When I am returning my textbook to Amazon is it already prepaid or do I have to pay for shipping. It is my first time renting from here.

Posted on May 27, 2014 1:58:41 PM PDT
When I am returning my textbook to Amazon is it already prepaid or do I have to pay for shipping. It is my first time renting from here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014 2:06:49 PM PDT
Ana says:
It's prepaid

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2014 4:42:15 AM PDT
I would lodge a complaint with your bank about an unapproved debit from your account and get it back that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2014 12:54:32 PM PDT
chris ulloa says:
Xavier did you find out if u can use the same back the book came in ?

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 9:42:49 AM PDT
Sonya Craig says:
When I try to go through "return textbooks" screens, I face problems:
1. I don't need a refund etc. This is a textbook return but I am given no appropriate option to select.
2. I don't know the address to ship it to
How do I get around the "refund" problem?
How do I find address to return textbooks to?

Posted on Jul 10, 2014 5:35:52 PM PDT
Can I put my books I purchased on rent for other customers?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions