Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Textbook forum

How do I return rental books?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2016 9:54:58 PM PDT
Jordan R. says:
No you should be good. I sent my books out and maybe a few hours later I got an email saying that Amazon got them.

Posted on May 28, 2016 4:34:07 PM PDT
I have two books that are due today on the 28th and a few hours ago I dropped them off at UPS. Am I good or would I have to extend the days?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2016 1:08:37 PM PDT
Jordan R. says:
I had the same issue. What I did was called customer service, explain your situation and they'll make shipping labels separately if you want. Are they all separate orders? Or are they all on the same order?

Posted on May 26, 2016 12:45:01 PM PDT
Jordan R. says:
I have three textbook rentals due on the 29th. Unfortunately I can't find one of them and will have to extend it next week because I am low on funds to extend it. My only question is, with the shipping label I only have 2 out of 3 books that are ready to be sent back does this mean the company will not accept the books because there is one missing? Or can I still send 2 of the books off even though the shipping label says there's supposed to be 3?

Posted on May 26, 2016 11:00:56 AM PDT
I am about to return 3 textbooks and I originally intended to ship them together. However, I will now ship one of them separately and I am unable to find the option to split the shipping labels. All I can find is how to ship stuff together, which is what I am trying to undo. Help please!

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2016 7:08:48 AM PDT
Fall says:
This happened to me as well.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2016 3:41:57 PM PDT
Contact amazon and select the book returns, put in the order number that you used to ship the books and they should be able to help you. it worked for me

Posted on May 23, 2016 7:32:54 PM PDT
I returned 3 textbooks and put them in the same box with the packing slip and i received an email saying one book was returned but the other two were not. Now I think I'll be charged for an extension. :(

Posted on May 23, 2016 4:29:41 PM PDT
I've rented three books, and I returned all of them prior to the deadline in the same box. Thinking back on this I think I made an error. Help!

Posted on May 16, 2016 10:46:08 PM PDT
I need to return four books, but my packing slips only list one at a time. How do I change it so I can ship them together?

Posted on May 16, 2016 7:59:24 PM PDT
Salman Khan says:
Hey guys, So I am about to return my textbook rental. I was wondering, Can I use an Old box? I don't have any Nice new boxes at hand. It has some old shipping labels on it, but I can just tear those off right? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 8, 2016 11:50:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2016 11:53:48 AM PDT
Can we return the books in one of the yellow envelopes with padding in them instead of a box? And is there a cost to returning? And when should would be the best time to ship my text book rental so I don't get charged any late fees.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2016 6:13:28 PM PST
Nana says:
Hi
did anyone answer you? what did you did? I want the answer for this question too
did you pay for return fee?

Posted on Dec 16, 2015 4:54:36 AM PST
Mayra Romero says:
im using one of the UPS drop boxes and they provide boxes for you but the only one available is a UPS 2nd day air box is it ok if i mail my book in the box?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2015 1:08:30 AM PST
Anne says:
I have a similar issue. My rental due date says it is due on December 21, 2015 (currently December 14, 2015). But for some reason it states it is already refunded but I still have the book. Due to that, it does not give me an option to "return textbook". I don't need the text book any more because I am all done with finals. What do I do with this textbook? How do I send it back? Is it mine to keep now? So confused. :(

Posted on May 31, 2015 5:20:44 PM PDT
When i click on 'return books' for my rental books; it takes me to the page where it is asking for the address. How do I find out where to return these books? Is there any phone# or email for such support?
Thanks in advance,

Posted on May 27, 2015 7:21:04 PM PDT
I shipped a book without the label just the mailing address it was supposed go to. Would they know it's from me if I put my mailing address and name?

Posted on May 20, 2015 11:00:37 AM PDT
Bri says:
Does a rental need to be returned in a box, or can it be returned using either a poly bag or an envelope?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2015 6:24:33 PM PDT
Margaret says:
That would be super helpful! I had the same question. Hope that do that soon - it would save on return costs (I saved a couple original boxes but not all of them).

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 7:44:11 AM PST
Ricky Krieb says:
can you send back items in one box that came in one box?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2015 1:55:07 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2015 6:11:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 1:12:11 PM PST
Opal says:
I rented a book from Amazon, then returned it before I left on a trip. Today, I got the book in a package and when I checked my order history it said that I extended the deadline and then bought the book! How is that possible if I sent it out before the due date and then didn't have internet access for over a week?!?!?!?

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 4:07:16 PM PST
Little Jack says:
How do I return rent books? Like when I look for returned books is shows me to ship and it only shows my address. I need help. I don't understand.

Posted on Dec 17, 2014 11:10:29 AM PST
Are stamps needed when returning a textbook? Or is the return label all I need to put on it before sending it out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2014 2:56:16 PM PST
J. Godoy says:
From what I have read, your rental has to be postmarked by the post office on the due date. So I would recommend you personally go to the post office and see them stamp on the date. Hope this helps anyone else.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook forum (139 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 28, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 27 customers

Search Customer Discussions