Customer Discussions > Textbook forum

Ordering Kindle books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2011 8:46:56 AM PDT
When I buy a Kindle book it would be nice if one of the selections for downloading was:
Download to all my devices
I know I can go to Manage my Kindle and download the book again, but it is inconvenient. Also perhaps Manage my Kindle could show which of my devices my books were downloaded to.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:49:38 PM PST
Serendipity says:
I just wish there was some way to organize my Kindle books. I buy enough that this has become a real problem and has me thinking I may need to make a different choice in the future.

I used to be a huge Amazon fan, even an ambassador. But I haven't written them any love letters lately. I feel they aren't so committed to providing a great customer experience as they used to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 10:33:25 PM PST
Katie SD says:
I don't know if this will help you out enough, but I have my Kindle books in various folders; so I can organize them by category. I have a "classics" folder- for Dante's Inferno, for example and I have a "lists" folder- for 1001 Facts that will Scare You & You Might be a Zombie and Other Facts... It's a little annoying to get the books in the folders, but once it's done, it's a little easier to find different titles. I can advise you how to do this if you'd like. Sorry if I wasted your time with this reply. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 10:44:12 PM PST
Serendipity says:
Thanks, Katie.
How?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 12:18:11 PM PST
Katie SD says:
From the main menu, where your list of books show, click your "menu" button & select "create new collection". Then you can title the newly created folder (classics, true crime, etc.). Click "save". You'll be directed back to the main menu which should now show the new folder underlined. Click into the folder. It'll show "click to add items to folder"; once you click that, it'll show your books in a list & you can simply select the ones you want in that folder. If you make a boo-boo, you can always remove the item or delete the folder. This will take some time if you have a lot of books, but again, it's worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 4:07:24 PM PST
Serendipity says:
Thanks very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 7:10:46 PM PST
Katie SD says:
You are very welcome; I hope my instructions make sense. Let me know if something is not clear.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2011 4:27:25 PM PST
T.F. says:
Wow, I didn't even know I could do this. Thank you so much for the suggestion: it just made finding my books a lot easier.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011 11:41:17 PM PST
I have hundreds of books. because they are in collections and also stay in the huge group of books... i think i would get lost of where i am at. what am i missing?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 10:03:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 10:05:45 AM PST
Katie SD says:
Katherine S- I apologize, but I am not sure of the question you are asking. If you create a collection, you are essentially creating a brand new folder, so by moving a book into the folder it would no longer be on the main menu. Or are you referring to the fact that there would be many new folders on the main page now, rather than many book titles? Sorry if I just made a comment about nothing to which you are referring... Let me know.
Your reply to Katie SD's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 3:21:36 PM PST
Katie SD- Thanks so much for this very useful information...just got a Kindle Fire and am trying to learn about downloading e-books. Your help is greatly appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 8:00:59 AM PST
JaBi says:
You can make your own folders in the Kindle reader for PC, just click the + to the right of COLLECTION and make a New Collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 10:07:58 AM PST
Katherine,

In addition to putting a book in a collection, you can also also tell the Kindle how to list your books. I think you can list them by title, by author, by most recently used, or by collection. If you list by collection, then the names of collections come first then comes every book that isn't in a collection. So if you put most things into a collection, then you just have to select a collection, then select the book.

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 10:13:52 AM PST
I am new to Kindle. I bought a Kindle Fire and I am completely lost. I bought it at Best Buy. They set up an Amazon account for me and ordered "Partners in Command" by Mark Perry. I received that book and finished it and want to order another but am having a problem doing it. Must I buy a Wi-Fi? I have no idea what that is or what networking is. As you can see, I am borderline illiterate with commputers or anything electronic. I think I have ordered three manuals. Don't know if the orders went through. My questions are:
1. Did my changes in my user id and password go through?
2. How do I browse through the Kindle library?
3 How do I order?.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 11:29:01 AM PST
I would love the instructions AND what folders you use.
Jane Wilson
jwilson57@yahoo.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook forum (102 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Aug 14, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions