Customer Discussions > Textbook forum

Help... Same edition books have different amounts of pages and pricing?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2012 4:19:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2012 4:20:52 PM PDT
This is what I need (copied and pasted from my college bookstore). But the ISBN# does not match any on Amazon.

TITLE:BNDL: TODAY'S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE 5E
AUTHOR:Pickerill
EDITION:5th
COPYRIGHT YEAR:2010
PUBLISHER:Cengage Learning
ISBN:9781111689230
NEW:$212.25
USED:$159.25

So I copied and pasted the title of the book, and there are some sellers with 1208 page books for around $90 used, and some sellers with 508 page books for around $50 used. All the same edition, publisher, and author. I don't understand what I should buy? Please help

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 7:05:50 PM PDT
Searching the ISBN gave me:

http://corvus.baker.edu/bakeredu/assets/File/Approved%20Textbook%20List-2012F-2012-0713.pdf

That ISBN is a bundle, seemingly a custom one, that combines the needed classroom and shop manuals into one ISBN. It isn't just one book. If I were you, I'd swing by my college bookstore and see if I could take a look at the bundle, and get the titles that way. Or, if that linked document makes complete sense to you, you can go by what it says. Personally, I'm a little confused over exactly how many titles are included in that one bundle. If it's as many as it seems, the bookstore price might not be half bad. But, unlike you, I have no reason to look deeply into it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions