Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > The Hunger Games forum

Geographical Questions about Panem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2012 2:40:57 PM PDT
Stacey says:
So, I just finished reading the trilogy on the recommendation of my teenage son. I really liked them. But I had a few questions that he couldn't answer for me. 1) Is there a published Map that shows how the districts are drawn up so I can get a visual about where they are located in relation to the USA today? 2) Where is the rest of the world? Were they annihilated at some point before the first rebellion and the Dark Days? Just wondering. Thanks!

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:00:20 PM PDT
A. You says:
I'm not sure but you might be able to find many answers on the wiki website.

Posted on May 30, 2012 2:23:20 AM PDT
Andrea says:
There's a really awesome map that someone made here::

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:04:16 PM PDT
Katniss says:
Andrea is right. That is the most accurate map out there. The girls who made the map are real cartographers who based map on real scientific fact and on what Suzanne wrote. I would look at that one.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 12:14:51 PM PDT
finnick says:
I've often wondered the same things. The one thing that bothers me about most maps of Panem is that I have a hard time picturing most districts as large as they're depicted. When I was reading it, I pictured most districts the size of a county, if that. I can't imagine all the children of a certain district meeting up at the justice building for the reaping if the district is as huge as usually shown on fan-made maps ...

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 8:28:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2012 8:31:16 AM PDT
Adam Bailey says:
if it helps the movie was filmed in the foot hills/mountains of north carolina.
and the town where katniss "lived" was/is up for sale for 1.7million

Barnardsville, North Carolina, USA

Cedar Mountain, North Carolina, USA

Black Mountain, North Carolina, USA

Asheville, North Carolina, USA
(Arena scenes)

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
(Capitol scenes)

Concord, North Carolina, USA
(Capitol scenes)

DuPont State Forest, North Carolina, USA

Hildebran, North Carolina, USA
(District 12)

North Fork Reservoir, North Carolina, USA

Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina, USA

Shelby, North Carolina, USA
(District 12)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 7:04:13 AM PDT
P. Burdette says:
I think that only a small portion of each district was actually inhabited. Remember, district 12 was fenced off, and it's inhabitants were not permitted beyond the fenced borders, though Gale and Katniss regularly went out to hunt. Those trying to make it to District 13 traveled many miles through uninhabited territory that was under surveillance by the hovercraft, no man's land. I think that's why districts could be so large, yet children of a certain district being so close to one another for reaping.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 7:16:44 AM PDT
Adam Bailey says:
well yes, a good bit of it is studio filmed ALOTTTTT of it is "outside".
those places in North Carolina are rather close together.
by rather close i dont mean a town over(although some are), Shelby, North Carolina(District 12) to Charlotte, North Carolina(Capitol scenes) is near 40miles

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 6:21:31 AM PDT
Alan Gilfoy says:
We don't know what things are like outside of North America. (That is a concept I intend to explore in sequel fanfics)
In that map, I like the general placement of the districts, but not the odd spiral/curve shapes.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:22:58 AM PDT
P. Burdette says:
I suppose I'm not talking about the filming at all, but strictly speaking, only about the books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the The Hunger Games forum (21 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Hunger Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 29, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions