Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Clive Cussler......any good or just pulp trash??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 17, 2012 8:40:19 PM PDT
fantasylad says:
hi every buddy

Looking for something different to read and I've always noticed the CHUNK of space taken up by Clive "Chip" Cussler....just wanna know if this bloke is actual a good writer or a gentleman who pumps out pulp novels for the nitwit masses???

Hint: Im going on holiday and want a book to help me escape the plane drudgery and general foulness of sick people in-flight

Im considering reading PACIFIC VORTEX or DEEP SIX

or other recommendations...NOT SAHARA

Thanks,

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:15:00 PM PDT
He's a pretty good writer. A good vacation read, I would think a very good plane read. I like his earlier books better, because they DO become a little formulaic, but that's me. I like the Dirk Pitt novels best, so I'd recommend Deep Six, if it's down to between those two.

The man actually IS a marine archeologist, and he knows his stuff about diving, etc. And he actually runs NUMA, the agency he uses in his books.

If you're looking for deep thoughts, go elsewhere. If you're looking for a fun ride, he's your man.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 1:46:29 PM PDT
fantasylad says:
Im about 30% through Pacific Vortex and yes it is enjoyable and flows very nicely :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:08:37 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 26, 2012 8:20:09 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:29:48 PM PST
Hey, he's not Dostoevesky, but who reads Fyodor?

And he has enough series going (Go Isaac Bell. Steampunk rules) s if you don't like one, there's always another, usually is 4-6 months.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:25:47 AM PST
J. Brandt says:
I liked Cussler's early reads. I've tried some of his later books and found I could not get through them. Go with his earlier stuff.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (695 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions