Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Mitch Rapp Movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 69 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 12, 2016 10:23:03 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
I heard production is scheduled to start soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2016 10:00:38 PM PST
Maybe Willis got tired of waiting for production to start, who knows?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2016 9:15:51 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
I don't know what happened to Willis. He was in talks in 2012 to play Hurley along with Chris Hemsworth as Rapp. I wonder if Hemsworth is still a possibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2016 11:03:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2016 11:04:26 PM PST
Yes I had heard the Bruce Willis had signed on to play Stan Hurley but I guess he may have backed out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2016 9:53:20 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
I've heard Kellen Lutz's name mentioned a couple of times as a possible Rapp. It will be interesting to see who they do select. I thought I heard about Willis as Hurley, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2016 9:20:16 AM PST
Hey, that's a great thought! I liked him in Lone Survivor and as John Carter. I saw a direct to video movie last night that starred (Ok, Bruce Willis was the Name in the movie) a guy named Kellen Lutz, who did a great job as an action guy. Probably similar ages. They could both play younger for a few movies and then move on to the later books. Aren't I optimistic there will be more? Actually, I've seen some pretty decent direct to video movies recently, in case they want to go that route. Pretty sure The Forger, Heist and Extraction weren't released wide.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2016 9:15:43 AM PST
Me. too! With his recent direct to video movies I wouldn't have thought he'd be too expensive. Maybe he's the hurley from the end of the series. We need a tough guy maybe in his 40's at this point. I could be wrong there. If they get an old guy it will show me they aren't planning any more after this.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2016 1:52:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2016 1:54:31 AM PST
I thought Bruce Willis had the part of Stan Hurley.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2016 7:56:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2016 7:58:45 PM PST
Yes. <sarcasm>Brilliant casting.</sarcasm> Just checked IMDB and Keaton is the only part cast so far. How could anybody have read the books and thought this would work? I pictured someone more like that guy who trained Gibbs on NCIS. Mike Franks...Muse Watson is his name. And now that I think about it, this character was probably modeled after Stan for the show. Franks was a crusty old guy like Stan. But if it's American Assassin Stan would have to start out younger and become more like Watson, physically, over time. We need a 40-ish guy here. Not Keaton.

Just saw a direct-to-video movie called Extraction. How about Kellen Lutz as Mitch? This guy really looked like he could handle himself and he's the right age for this book. Oh, wait. 31 now so a little old but doesn't look it. He could play younger now and then age with Mitch if the series takes off.

Posted on Mar 9, 2016 3:39:45 PM PST
stormcrow says:
I'm still hoping to see Devin Toft step in for a role like this.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4475110/

Just don't want it to end up being rushed and turned into another Covert One: The Hades Factor film.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2016 1:11:01 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
Michael Keaton was just cast as Stan Hurley in the upcoming American Assassin: A Thriller (A Mitch Rapp Novel) movie.

Posted on Mar 9, 2016 11:45:32 AM PST
Taylor Kitsch as Mitch Rapp. He would be perfect and would be able to age with the character. If not Taylor, Tom Hardy. Bruce Greenwood as President.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 5:26:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 7, 2014 5:30:47 PM PST
I have also read all of the Daniel Silva novels all of the Clive Cussler novels they our very good also he has about four different series that he does and they are all good you should check them out also along with Dale Brown, his books are great also by the way. I have read all of his too. He writes two different series and each one of them has a cast of characters. The Star of the Old Dog series is Patrick Mcclanahan and his flight crew. Old Dog is the name of their plane is a super modified be 52 with mind blowing capabilities .I think you would enjoy his books. The first one is called
The Flight Of The Old dog. His second series is called Dreamland which is where the aircraft that they fly or develop they are all super state of the art aircraft with amazing capabilities. Seriously you have to check him out.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 12:40:18 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't seen any news on it lately either.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 12:30:14 PM PST
BsSA says:
Hey Michael, you're really missing the boat! Tom Clancy is good but Vince Flynn, Daniel Silva, Michael Connelly, Richard North Patterson, for starters, are more consistently good reads! Heard that Haig is going to be continuing w/for Vince Flynn (R.I.P.) with a new character. I'd much rather listen to a pro read a book for me, however! Maybe someone just "floated" the movie idea...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 12:10:16 PM PST
I would think Tom Welling would be a better pick the Chris Evans, they are aound the same age and look alike, however Welling could pull off the middle eastern look a little better, looks younger, and is lesser known than Chris Evans.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 11:26:58 AM PST
Yeah. Not happening.

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 11:23:32 AM PST
Does anyone really think that tthey will actually get this movie made I haven't seen any news about it in any of the entertainment shows there is been nothing in entertainment weekly magazine either. Has anyone seen or heard anything about the movie anywhere??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2014 11:06:54 AM PST
I have not read any of his books right now I am reading the last Tom Clancy novel and it is pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2014 4:06:30 PM PST
BsSA says:
Hip, hip, hooray, Michael Owens! As long as they keep blowing away terrorists "with a purpose", intelligently. I really hope they do a better job than the co-writers have done with James Patterson...(I know, he's not dead!) I've enjoyed what I've read by Haig...any suggestions on his books?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2014 4:00:25 PM PST
BsSA says:
Bruce Willis somewhere? I'm astounded sometimes by their choices...gotta have "pull" and/or a very aggressive agent(who knows where the bodies are buried) for a newcomer...which we desperately need! Jeff Bridges in anything! They just best-not screw up with Rapp! Blond, brunette, fair, dark, ...he is my hero & he is a "character" in some very exciting books! No dope-sniffing, bad-rep actor with an unwed mother strapped to his side either...hopefully they'll TRY to set a good example for the younger set...they need a new heart-throb!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2014 3:46:04 PM PST
BsSA says:
I don't see enough movies to know but am sure they'll screw it up! Their choice of who to play Rapp better be "special"...an unknown will be ok too...think they can find a conservative? Hahahaha...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 12:45:58 PM PST
bfirster says:
I didn't see the movie but I can see how he could work. I would like to see someone without a great deal of name recognition to play Rapp. I have no doubt Vince Flynn fans will be disappointed...unfortunately.

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 5:06:05 AM PST
stormcrow says:
Todd Lasance or Devin Toft.
Mitch Rapp would be served well to be played by either of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2013 6:01:08 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
Seems to me like a good choice. I look forward to seeing the movie.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (711 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  69
Initial post:  Oct 6, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions