Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Recommend some good thriller authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2015 4:55:17 PM PDT
J.M. Brown says:
Pretty Maidens All In a Row. Here's the synopsis.Mary Elizabeth Grange, also known as Beth to her friends and family, leads a happy, normal life in the small town of Oceanview, Florida. An only child, she has everything that she would ever want or need.This includes the love of everyone that surrounds her, even her music teacher, Jack Ashton. Though he is ten years older than her,he notices her and can't stop himself from falling in love with young Beth. He remains professional and is nothing but her teacher, adoring her from afar.
Then she is noticed. Her lanky, developing body and her childlike ways do nothing to dissuade his hungry eyes and his needy imagination. She glides through life happily but to him she becomes everything. Every flip of her long curly ebony hair, every smile, every gesture speaks to him as he quietly moves in the shadows. Richard's small, inconsequential world narrows even further. Real life recedes and fantasy, like a blazing fire, consumes him.Unbeknownst to her, he follows, taking pictures and taping them to his shabby walls. She becomes his whole world as he is drawn into deeper psychosis with the voice in his head slyly advising him, telling him what to do in order to achieve his ultimate goal.
He jealously looks on as she forms relationships, hating her best friend and believing that she as well as everyone around her is poisoning her. He dreams of rescuing her from all of the `evil forces' that surround her. He fantasizes of buying a sports car and driving up to her and he has no doubt that she will willingly step inside and be with him.He knows,she will love him then and give herself to him, and she will be his forever.
When his many pictures in his locked room are discovered by his drug
dealer brother, the ensuing teasing gets ugly and the normally docile Richard explodes into a murderous rage. After his brother is dead, Richard discovers his stash of drug money, which much to his glee,opens up opportunity for all of his dreams to come true.
Richard's and Beth's worlds collide in one brutal and obscene act as he brazenly flings reality aside and allows the delusions to totally devour him. By pure accident Jack, tries to intervene, is badly injured but gets help.
Her world destroyed, Beth must fight for her very sanity. Then at the farthest end of her nightmare and many miles away, happiness and normalcy are finally within her reach. Living in Newfoundland, Canada, she is older, in nursing school, and finally in love with her beloved teacher, who now lives In New York City.
Much to her bemusement, she starts to receive flowers from a secret admirer. Things start to take on a darker tone and she senses anything but affection from the gifts being left to her. Unbeknownst to her, Jack is receiving packages also and when she finally discovers this,a macabre picture starts to form.One which ties her to a vicious serial killer in her home state who is slaying young women. All of which look enough like her to be her sisters.
Sensing the killer is getting nearer by the day,Beth, with the help of her fiance and a New York city cop, who is his older brother, must go back. Go back not only to her home state of Florida, but also to that day so long ago to face demons from the past. To face the person who is killing her over and over. To find the man who hates her enough to carve the name of the nursery rhyme that her father always sang to her on the bodies of the slain girls. For she will be the last pretty maiden that he will hunt......

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 1:38:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2013 7:26:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 9:27:11 AM PST
obvious sockpuppet is obvious

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 9:14:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 9:14:27 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
I have now reported all FIVE (so far) of your spam posts.

DL

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:09:34 AM PST
3rdFlr says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:55:23 PM PST
Tracka54 says:
Check first time author Ralph H Perkins. He wrote a Mystery/Thriller titled Treatment. It got some great reviews and I really enjoyed it.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:35:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 6, 2013 8:08:55 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 2:36:02 PM PST
C. Hall says:
COMA

Communion

The Hot Zone

Demon in the Freezer

The Hunted: A Novel

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:06:42 PM PST
Cphe says:
Is there a kindle edition?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:05:42 AM PST
Leila W. says:
I also really like the prey series by John Standford. I also like Robin Cook's medical thrillers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:22:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:24:03 AM PST
Leila W. says:
I just read a brand new medical thriller by Kathleen Dove. Always check the new releases. I am going to write a review later tonight for it. It was really good and well-written. The characters were so real. There are a few big surprises in it. It is a first book in a new series. I don't know how may books are in it, but there is an author website on the back of the book. Almost forgot. Title is Condition Unknown Book One: The Path to Revenge

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:11:02 PM PST
booklover says:
I really liked Nocturne, Opus 1: Sea Foam by Norene Moskalski, a debut author. A really unique plot and ending--refreshing!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:23:24 AM PST
Susan Solin says:
Can't believe no one has mentioned Preston and Child yet. Relic is the first in there Pendergast series. They've also written several together that aren't part of that series The Ice Limit is the first one that comes to mind and they've written separately too. Also, less well known is Steve Alten Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror is the first of his I read but I've read them all!

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:22:50 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2012 8:49:55 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:49:00 PM PST
Sam says:
Child 44 is good, as is Shutter Island.
The Devil May Care, Meaning Of Theft or Whiteout are all quality thrillers

But some of my fav's have to be the Alex Cross thrillers (I think 'Along Came a Spider' is the best of them)

I love it when you read a good thriller you just want more!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:59:21 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
Lee Child's Jack Reacher series is who you want.
Also: Thomas Harris, John le Carre and Dennis Lehane.

The four greatest thriller authors in the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:18:27 AM PST
Paul says:
I have just had my first Action/Adventure/Thriller novel released by Tate Publishing. The Island Caper. It is the first of the Jake Lafferty Action series. You can order it from Amazon.comTHE ISLAND CAPER, Second Edition
I think you will enjoy it.
Paul Sunshine Murphy

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:28:14 AM PST
scott says:
I will have to agree with a couple others, Tanya French and James Patterson. I have started reading the Alex Cross series and it is WAY better than the movie....

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:23:39 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2012 10:25:36 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 11:11:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 11, 2012 11:12:47 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 11:02:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 11:03:57 PM PDT
Muse of Hell says:
A new author, Bruce Bradley, has written a great first novel called "Fat Profits." This is a thriller with a realistic background and the tension and excitement builds through the entire book. It is available here on Amazon.com and I have posted a review of the book on its page.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 7:25:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 5, 2012 6:42:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 6:14:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 5, 2012 6:15:43 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2012 6:03:16 AM PDT
f l says:
Start with the first Mallory (NYC detective) and you will want to read all of this author.
Mallory's Oracle (A Mallory Novel) by Carol O'Connell (Jun 1, 1995)

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 2:46:53 AM PDT
niallsop says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (711 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions