Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Can you guys recommend authors?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 136 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 8, 2011 3:09:23 AM PDT
Dennis Lehane, Zoe Sharp, Anne Baines, T. Jefferson Parker, Richard Stark, and James Rollins are all pretty awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 4:14:42 AM PDT
I would second Dennis Lehane, and add:

Harlan Coben, Tom Rob Smith (Child 44), Nick Stone (Mr Clarinet), Carlos Ruiz Zafron (Shadow of the Wind), Linwood Barclay, Peter Blauner and C.J. Sansom (medieval thrillers).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 4:16:50 AM PDT
Try "The Orlando File" from Ian C. P.Irvine. Good thriller with a twist, and also containts a simple fact that could add twenty years to your life. Ill let you know in twenty years time if its true!

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 8:46:59 PM PDT
Coach D says:
Ghost Road Blues & The King of Plagues: A Joe Ledger Novel (Joe Ledger Novels) are excellent books by Jonathan Maberry.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 1:13:35 AM PDT
I'm going to recommend, All In, by Roy E Stolworthy. A fast and furious story wrapped around poker games taking place in France, Turkey, Monte Carlo, UK and Ireland, a rolller coaster of a read that will leave you guessing right up to the final page.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 1:23:47 AM PDT
Fairy Mary says:
I will recommend Roy E Stolworthy as a fast rising author of note for his two works.
Going Home to Ruby, WW1 seen through the eyes of a 15 year old desperately seeking a glorious death in his brothers name.
All In, a top notch thriller set around the of poker, so many twists and turns you will need an optician to straighten out your eyes.
Both available on e-book, enjoy.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 3:12:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2011 3:13:42 PM PDT
Coach D says:
A Touch of Deceit (Nick Bracco Series #1) & A Touch of Revenge (A Nick Bracco Thriller) by Gary Ponzo are two of the best action books I have ever read. Now each is only $0.99. I will buy the next "A Touch of . . ." book the day it comes out. These are really well written action thrillers.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 12:56:24 PM PDT
Greg says:
Try any book Daniel Silva has written. I think his more recent work is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2011 1:03:55 PM PDT
Roger Weston says:
Hi Greg, What is it about Daniel Silva's books that you like? I've heard good things about them.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 8:01:27 AM PDT
A new thriller out just this past week that is great is "Cloak Of Sanity" by Tina Westbrook. Cloak of Sanity

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:07:05 PM PDT
This Time You Lose by Chris Stralyn is really intense. Read the whole thing in one sitting!

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:17:41 PM PDT
norm cowie says:
Someone said Crais, I agree, but like the Elvis Cole more than the Pike novels. Both are good, though. Other favorites: Lee Child, Barry Eisler... if you're willing to go urban fantasy, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files are my favorite.
Oh, Tess Gerristen (sp?) is great, too.
Norm
Bonk & Hedz ... a caveman ... and woman ... story

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:23:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2011 10:44:39 PM PDT
Gabby 43 says:
Just started new Author and first book --Hostile Witness this was a free book
.I don't understand the in's and out's of the American legal system re- governors ,senators etc and the power they seem to have over law enforcement .I can see where some innocent people could be prosecuted just to keep favour BUT I did enjoy this book and have purchased the 2nd sory that will continue on with characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 7:18:52 AM PDT
Greg says:
I just finished " Potrait of a Spy " by Daniel Silva and it was a great book. Now i'm reading " Affair " by Lee Child and I like the character of Jack Reacher. Try these and let me know how you like them, I would be anxious to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 7:23:22 AM PDT
Greg says:
I think Daniel Silva is one of the best out there. I just finished his latest " Portrait of a Spy " and it was great.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 7:41:34 AM PDT
Greg says:
I just finished " Portrait of a Spy " by Daniel Silva and I loved it. I will be starting " Affair " by Lee Child next.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 9:47:39 PM PDT
Gabby 43 says:
Oh this is terrible I'll never have time to do my housework with all the new book suggestions.I can read doing most jobs and the audio helps a lot while ironing etc so many great books to read------ hope I live long enough .I love my Kindle virtually hands free !!!

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 12:23:29 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2011 12:30:34 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 12:20:19 AM PDT
Dirtiest Revenge read this by Cha'Bella Don only $2.99

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 5:15:03 AM PDT
tweetybirdie says:
If you enjoy Stephen King'sm style, check out new author Ada Avery and her ebook Star Child.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 5:57:31 AM PDT
Puck says:
I liked the plot twists in A Little Death In Dixie by Lisa Turner. I also loved the history and seacoast drama of When Two Women Die When Two Women Dieby Patricia Goodwin. Both books are page-turners!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 6:39:43 AM PDT
Kristie says:
Try Amy Rust I really liked "Save Me" Save Me
It was more "suspense" than thriller. But it kept my attention.

Other than that I love Lee Child - anything by him.
Mathew Reilly - anything by him is great (to me).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 9:31:52 AM PDT
you could try
bentley little, clive barker, richard laymon and richard matheson.
if you get grossed out easy though don't read laymon. jack ketchum and poppy z brite are also good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 11:53:30 AM PDT
R. Lee Hart says:
If you like murder mysteries, give this a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 11:56:29 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 23, 2011 12:17:22 AM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (702 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  136
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions