Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Needing recommendations for good thriller books!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2012 6:59:47 PM PDT
Kmp says:
I LOVE Karen Slaughter! I need another aurthor like her. I have read them all. I love books that are some what graphic but not to much. I love twist and turns and some sexuality. Any suggestions??

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 1:29:11 PM PDT
Starvation Lake series by Bryan Gruley.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:35:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2012 3:35:55 PM PDT
Cphe says:
There is Martina Cole - whose work I love.
Lately I have been reading

Betty Webb and her Lena Jones series. Some might say she is more a Mystery Author but

Desert Wives: A Lena Jones Mystery (Lena Jones Series) was one that I would class as a thriller/mystery. ....at least I thought so

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 3:45:37 PM PDT
Bkworm Bren says:
I just read The Keeper of Lost Causes: A Department Q Novel and thought it was very exciting. The sequel will be available for the kindle later this month!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:09:41 AM PST
Sam says:
I've only read Broken by Karen Slaughter but I loved it - what's her best novel?
I've been blessed to read some great thrillers this year and here are my top five (that I've read this year - not released this year)

A Wanted Man
The Burning Soul
Meaning Of Theft
Good As Dead
Before the Poison

All brilliant crime novels - lets hope my 2013 is just as good!!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:27:30 AM PST
I haven't read Karen Slaughter but read a lot of thrillers. This is one of my favorites among recent thrillers I've read: HUNTER: A Thriller (Dylan Hunter Thrillers Book 1)

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 11:09:36 AM PST
Kayleigh says:
I second Martina Cole although I personally found her books a bit of a heavy read: they're too realistic. :) Having said that, The Jump is one hell of a story and all the twists take your breath away until the very last moment. I applauded the ending, I couldn't see it coming!!!!

Chris Ryan is great, too.

Of what I've read recently, Vaughn Heppner is great, especially Accelerated, and it's VERY well-written. Another author in the same vein is Alex Bobl with his Memoria. A Corporation of Lies (An Action-Packed Techno-Thriller) I'm now reading From Manhattan with Love: A Novella (The Fifth Avenue Series) by Christopher Smith but I'm not sure. A bit too action-driven for me.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 8:08:08 AM PST
Mark A. York says:
Warm Front Give it a shot. Join the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:44:38 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 17, 2012 5:41:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:23:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 11:50:18 AM PST
N. Gargano says:
I love this series...wonder why it is not more popular, I would hate to see the publishers give up on it!

I noticed this was not next to the post I replied too. Therefore makes no sense. I was talking about the Starvation Lake series. Great books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:31:52 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 4:55:25 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:48:41 PM PST
THEY DIE ALONE is a noir crime story set in 1934 Chicago. Ross Duncan, the protagonist, is not a detective or policeman; he's a world-weary bank robber with a conscience. He is no saint, but he's trying to right things as he moves between rival mobsters and eludes the early FBI. There's a girl he wants to save, and partners he needs to satisfy. I'll warn you: this is a hardboiled, violent story, but has at its core a theme of redemption built around a Biblical passage that Ross Duncan stumbles upon as his partner lays dying. This is a new series!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:09:55 PM PST

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:07:11 AM PST
3rdFlr says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 9:31:07 AM PST
Old Rocker says:
when does a real person rec a book five times in an hour?

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:38:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 5:40:04 PM PST
Elizabeth says:
SJ Watson's "Before I Go to Sleep" was a page turner, as is "Still Missing" and "Never Knowing" by Chevy Stevens. Also try Gillian Flynn's "Dark Places" and "Gone Girl". There's also a series from several years ago by David Wiltse. His protagonist is John Becker. May be hard to find, but if you can.....definitely highly recommended!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 2:26:51 PM PST

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 8:11:05 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 9, 2013 9:00:51 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2013 8:48:35 AM PST
Miss M says:
More spam. Reported.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 8:52:13 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 9, 2013 8:56:48 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 10:10:26 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 11, 2013 10:00:25 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 1:07:15 PM PDT
Here's a suggestion...and it's free right now!

I like to think it is a well-crafted, intriguing and action-packed read, with realism, but restraint in language and untasteful scenes that many readers will appreciate.

Ultimate Deception (Ultimate Jensen Novels)

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 1:50:37 PM PDT
TBond says:
The Return
5 stars Night Owl Reviews
The Return is the first in a series about the Christian prophecy of the eventual return of Jesus. I found the book to be a fascinating read, well-written and engaging. While it is similar to The DaVinci Code, it is at the same time quite different. I give this book 5 stars and encourage everyone to read it.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 4:29:07 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@John M and TBond,

It's difficult to take those recommendations seriously when you've promoted them across multiple threads.

Which thread are they applicable to?

Recommending your own work is a bit biased don't you think?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (694 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions