Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Mystery/Thriller with strong plots and good twists!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 415 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 10:51:53 AM PDT
You might be interested in "The Double Game" by, I believe, Dan? Fesperman. Mr. Fesperman has written a number of cold war based spy stories. However, "The Double Game" was written about someone who is using cold war novels, i.e., Greene and LeCarre, etc. to lead the hero across Europe to solve a question of treason. Great book. At least take a look at it.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 3:11:13 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@Angela - No I haven't read the authors you mention - but I'll have a look.

I bought the Quinnell book because my paperback one is pretty tattered by now.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 4:37:21 PM PDT
Thanks for the tips. I look forward to discovering those authors. I recently enjoyed reading The Prophet by Michael Koryta and am now working my way through his Lincoln Perry books.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 12:15:58 PM PDT
Don't feel bad; I'm in the same boat. To everyone Thanks for a lot of good authors to check out! I'm a newbie to crime thriller's James Patterson was my first! I'm looking to J. Sandford and J.Newborn next.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:37:32 PM PDT
mitch lutzke says:
Lets not forget Robert B Parkers Spenser novels and the late greatr John D Macdonald's Travis Mcgee series! Great stuff

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:11:36 PM PDT
Jlarranaga says:
Brandon, I also like Joseph Finder and recently finished reading his book "Paranoia." I'm an author and will be publishing a thriller (with plenty of plot twists) in 2013. It's currently in editing but I'm starting pre-publicity to generate reviews. So if you'd like to be one of the first to read it, I can send you more information.

Jim

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:04:32 AM PST
Brandon says:
I would love for you to send me a copy

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 1:01:54 PM PST
Are you supposed to do this on this site?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:22:25 AM PST
Jlarranaga says:
Good point Patricia. I'm not trying to sell copies here but would appreciate reader feedback from people who like Thrillers. I plan to publish this through Create Space so in 2013 it would eventually be relevant to this discussion, but you're right there are other message boards for this sort of thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:23:42 AM PST
Jlarranaga says:
Thanks Brandon. If you email me, I will send it to you: Jim.larranaga@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 5:26:16 AM PST
Jlarranaga says:
Thank Brandon. You can contact me on my author profile and then I'll email you:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A19BGMCJ4DHMGH?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_56

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:02:17 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 5:42:01 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:11:30 PM PST
Cphe says:
Hi Brandon - It's been quite a while since I've posted on the thriller forum but I read, (it was a recommendation)

The 7th Woman (Nico Sirsky, Chief of Police)
I gave it 5 stars (rare for me) An excellent read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:42:46 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 19, 2012 1:33:51 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:01:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 5:03:00 PM PST
Cphe says:
@Brandon and JD Anderson - I want to recommend

Injured Reserves

It is powerful and evocative.
I know that you both appreciate a good story - and this is compelling/mesmerising.
Please check out the sample at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 5:42:11 PM PST
Cphe: I have put it on my list. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:25:51 PM PST
Cphe says:
Hi JD - glad to hear it - not enough superlatives to describe it.

How have you been?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:23:05 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 3:25:57 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:18:34 AM PST
Paul Farrar says:
Just finished Bruce DeSilva's second Mulligan book, Cliff Walk. The first one, Rogue Island, won an Edgar for best first novel. Neither is great, but both are very readable--good enough that I look forward to another one. Yes, they are about Little Rhody, its corruption, characters and quirks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:23:03 AM PST
I just finished Frank Nappi's Nobody Has To Know -- many twists and turns and an explosive, never saw it coming ending...Gone Girl is also well worth it!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:23:45 AM PST
I just finished "House of Evidence by Ingolfsson. It takes place in Iceland and is a really exciting story with an ending you don't see coming until the last twenty five pages or so. It is kind of like "The Phantom of the Rue Morgue" in that two men are killed, twenty years apart, by the same gun, but no gun was ever found and there doesn't seem to be any way for the second killer to have gotten into the house or away. Really good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:13:03 AM PST
Cphe: I've been doing well. How about yourself? Getting ready to enjoy your summer?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:15:56 AM PST
@Paul Farrar: Thanks for the update on DeSilva. I read and enjoyed Rouge Island and will certainly look for Cliff Walk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:26:31 AM PST
Cphe says:
@JD - I have been well lately Thank You.

It has started to heat up over here - very muggy with a few afternoon thunderstorms that don't do anything to cut the heat - just make it more humid and uncomfortable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:30:28 AM PST
Cphe says:
@Patricia, Speaking of Scandi thrillers I not long ago finished

The Ice Cage - A Scandinavian Crime Thriller set in the Nordic Winter (The Baltic Trilogy)

Pretty good IMO - I was lucky enough to get it for free at the time - Wonderful description of the ice, cold and Scandinavian lifestyle
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (701 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  196
Total posts:  415
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions