Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Mystery/Thriller with strong plots and good twists!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 415 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 3, 2011 11:23:53 AM PDT
Rene says:
My core favorites are Lee Child ("Jack Reacher" character), Lawrence Block ("Matthew Scudder"), David Rosenfeld ("Andy Carpenter", James Grippando, Vince Flynn, Daniel Silva and David Baldacci.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 12:27:14 PM PDT
bert schulz says:
gotta go with Nelson Demille and Ken Follett. but Jeffrey Archer and what he called "twist in the tale (tail?)" are interesting...

but my all time favorite is still Agatha Christie. you wouldn't call them thrillers though, but i think she refined the mystery genre beyond cop-pot boilers (P.I. books) or intellectual works (sherlock holmes stuff).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 12:58:20 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
Rene, Thanks for the recommendations.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 11:51:04 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 7, 2011 6:35:22 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 12:34:41 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 2:49:55 PM PST
Cphe says:
Meghan - You have promoted this book across a lot of forums.
It makes one wonder if you are the author by any chance????

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:15:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 14, 2012 2:46:44 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 9:59:45 PM PST
I thought these forums were to discuss books and ideas concerning books. Somehow they always seem to turn into chat rooms about relationships or places where people promote or sell their own books. What up!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 4:55:13 AM PST
Barbara Watt says:
Jo nesbos books are great reads. Mercy by jussi alder Olsen is hard to beat for a page turner!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 6:53:55 AM PST
Richard Starks Parker and Donald Westlakes (aka Richard Stark) Dortmunder novels are my all time favorite crime novels.Sadly,Westlake died a few years ago.If you haven't read these novels...do yourself a favor and start now. The Hot Rock, and Lemons Never Lie are good for starters. You can thank me later

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 12:33:47 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
The Watchman (Joe Pike) by Robert Crais.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:05:41 PM PST
MichiganGal says:
I found a good new author out there - Penny Childs. I really enjoyed her first two books "Say You'll Haunt Me" and "Farewell to Goodbye". Hope to see many more from this author!

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:28:10 PM PST
Shortstuff says:
If you enjoy Lee Childs series, try the Donovan Creed series. Donovan is a government paid assassin but takes on jobs on the side. I found the stories disturbing yet ended up reading the entire series they were just that addicting. I found them to be great reads.

The first book A Girl Like You (a Donovan Creed Novel)
I may have not done this correct - I tried to link to the Kindle edition.
Happy reading....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 3:11:13 PM PST
Brandon says:
I agree, the watchman is an awesome novel.. I think it's his second best behind L.A Requiem. Not many books compare to that one. Robert Crais is a great author though. Who else do you read? I am a big fan of Hurwitz, Connelly, Preston/Child (Pendergast series is by far my favorite series), and Coben.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 4:24:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2012 3:50:50 PM PST
kindlegal says:
Try Brad Meltzer, Joseph Finder, John Gilstrap if u like those writers. And Simon Wood has great low cost kindle books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 4:33:09 PM PST
I second this. Everyone cheers Steig Larsen, but there are so many other Nordic writers who are just as thrilling. Try Yrsa Sigurdardottir and Anne Holt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 10:48:41 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
Hi Brandon, I haven't read L.A. Requiem yet. I will check it out. I've heard Crais is coming out with a new one this month. I also like Morrell, Huggins, MacLean, Ludlum.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 3:55:22 AM PST
David Black says:
Try:

The Great Satan (Shadow Squadron)

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 6:21:21 AM PST
How about the latest in the John Pilate series: Pilate's Key (John Pilate Mysteries) ?

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 6:27:34 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 9, 2012 7:32:34 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 6:53:06 AM PST
Steven James has a great series--the Pawn, the Rook, the Bishop, the Knight and the Queen--I couldn't put them down!! Loved Patrick Bowers!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 10:32:41 AM PST
Brandon says:
I actually have this series sitting on my shelf..I have pawn, rook, and knight, all in beautiful trade paperbacks. I am just a little hesitant to start the Pawn though because I am picky and love to be hooked into a book, and I just don't know if it will do it for me. What do you think? Should I start with the Pawn?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 10:36:38 AM PST
Brandon says:
I haven't read any of those authors! I have a few Morrell novels on my shelf. Creepers and Scavengers. How are those ones? I also have the Bourne series by Ludlum. If you haven't read L.A Requiem yet, you should definitely put that next on your list. It will blow you away, let me know how you like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 10:38:46 AM PST
Brandon says:
Joseph Finder is one of my all time favorites. I have read all of his books except for his first 3, The Moscow Club, Extraordinary Powers, and The Zero Hour. Have you read any of those 3? If so, how are they? I also have a few Meltzer on my shelf such as the Zero Game and a few others. I am hesitant to try his novels though because of the horrid reviews he gets on Amazon. What is his best book? I do love his show on the History channel though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 11:53:13 AM PST
I was hesitant to start them, as Steven James is actually a Christian Book Author and thought that it would be carried on over to this series--there are a few Christian undertones, but not any more than what you would find in any other novel. His books have won several awards and his character development is awesome. I am totally hooked on his series and awaiting the publication of the next book!! You won't be disappointed!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  196
Total posts:  415
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions