Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Can you guys recommend authors?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 137 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:49:14 PM PDT
J.M. Brown says:
Pretty Maidens All In a Row. Here's the synopsis.Mary Elizabeth Grange, also known as Beth to her friends and family, leads a happy, normal life in the small town of Oceanview, Florida. An only child, she has everything that she would ever want or need.This includes the love of everyone that surrounds her, even her music teacher, Jack Ashton. Though he is ten years older than her,he notices her and can't stop himself from falling in love with young Beth. He remains professional and is nothing but her teacher, adoring her from afar.
Then she is noticed. Her lanky, developing body and her childlike ways do nothing to dissuade his hungry eyes and his needy imagination. She glides through life happily but to him she becomes everything. Every flip of her long curly ebony hair, every smile, every gesture speaks to him as he quietly moves in the shadows. Richard's small, inconsequential world narrows even further. Real life recedes and fantasy, like a blazing fire, consumes him.Unbeknownst to her, he follows, taking pictures and taping them to his shabby walls. She becomes his whole world as he is drawn into deeper psychosis with the voice in his head slyly advising him, telling him what to do in order to achieve his ultimate goal.
He jealously looks on as she forms relationships, hating her best friend and believing that she as well as everyone around her is poisoning her. He dreams of rescuing her from all of the `evil forces' that surround her. He fantasizes of buying a sports car and driving up to her and he has no doubt that she will willingly step inside and be with him.He knows,she will love him then and give herself to him, and she will be his forever.
When his many pictures in his locked room are discovered by his drug
dealer brother, the ensuing teasing gets ugly and the normally docile Richard explodes into a murderous rage. After his brother is dead, Richard discovers his stash of drug money, which much to his glee,opens up opportunity for all of his dreams to come true.
Richard's and Beth's worlds collide in one brutal and obscene act as he brazenly flings reality aside and allows the delusions to totally devour him. By pure accident Jack, tries to intervene, is badly injured but gets help.
Her world destroyed, Beth must fight for her very sanity. Then at the farthest end of her nightmare and many miles away, happiness and normalcy are finally within her reach. Living in Newfoundland, Canada, she is older, in nursing school, and finally in love with her beloved teacher, who now lives In New York City.
Much to her bemusement, she starts to receive flowers from a secret admirer. Things start to take on a darker tone and she senses anything but affection from the gifts being left to her. Unbeknownst to her, Jack is receiving packages also and when she finally discovers this,a macabre picture starts to form.One which ties her to a vicious serial killer in her home state who is slaying young women. All of which look enough like her to be her sisters.
Sensing the killer is getting nearer by the day,Beth, with the help of her fiance and a New York city cop, who is his older brother, must go back. Go back not only to her home state of Florida, but also to that day so long ago to face demons from the past. To face the person who is killing her over and over. To find the man who hates her enough to carve the name of the nursery rhyme that her father always sang to her on the bodies of the slain girls. For she will be the last pretty maiden that he will hunt......

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 5:17:04 PM PDT
Cphe says:
You've done more harm than good.

Completely over the top

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 5:11:10 PM PDT
UBU says:
Thanks for giving me an author to add to my never buy list. Customers don't like spammers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013 3:54:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2013 1:31:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 9:56:35 AM PST
I would suggest you stop spamming.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:05:55 AM PST
3rdFlr says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 4:54:08 PM PST
Try me: A. J. Converse, my book Bitch'n ...more to come.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:21:00 PM PST
A friend of mine recommend this no name author. I'm about 3/4 of the through and its pretty good. I like all the authors you have listed above. Anyway it's call The Warehouse

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:52:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 8:53:43 PM PST
Tracka54 says:
Check first time author Ralph H Perkins. He wrote a Mystery/Thriller titled Treatment. It got some great reviews and I really enjoyed it.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:31:53 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 6, 2013 8:09:28 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:08:54 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Pardon my scepticism but you have only 2 reviews - one for each of "his" books. No other profile information.

I'm smellin' dirty socks here.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 11:06:17 AM PST
I read both books written by Ryan W. Keyser. I like his style of novels.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:04:59 PM PST
try The Good Lawyer by Thomas Benigno

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:33:26 PM PST
Cphe says:
If you are not adverse to SP author's

A Thousand Bridges

I read this and quite enjoyed it, also the author doesn't spam his work so I'm more than happy to recommend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:19:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 5:36:13 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
http://www.shelfari.com/series/Myron-Bolitar-Mysteries

I just downloaded (on sale - $2.99) Caught by Coben today.

I'll try the Bolitar series next.

DL

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 10:24:36 AM PST
Myron Bolitar Series by Harlan Coben . This is a fantastic series. I can't wait for the next book

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:21:51 AM PST
Myron Bolitar Series by Harlan Coben

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 3:16:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 3:17:41 PM PST
DL I figured it out. It's been removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 3:15:10 PM PST
How do I remove the post?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 2:51:02 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Delete the offending post before Amazon does, ok?

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:22:28 PM PST
Sorry but wasn't aware of the rule; won't do it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:13:08 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
reported for self-promotion abuse

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 11:14:45 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 24, 2012 3:15:59 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 1:19:09 AM PST
All of Christopher Brookmyre. John Locke. Konrath. C.Beville. Ian Rankin.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:27:30 AM PST
Greg says:
My favorites are Nelson DeMille, Daniel Silva, Vince Flynn, Michael Connelly.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (701 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
A request for recommendations on good serial killer novels. 59 8 days ago
Other serial characters like Jack Reacher, Lucas Davenport, Dismas Hardy, etc 167 12 days ago
Stories about women taking back their power. 1 13 days ago
I will review your short story or e-book and post it to writing-related sites! 6 13 days ago
Top-Notch Thrillers for $2.99 - Share your current favorite! 3 13 days ago
New Adventure Mystery Books (Mysteries and Thrillers) 28 13 days ago
innocent protagonist 8 13 days ago
New author and Novel 4 13 days ago
Thriller w/ romance element - NOT a romantic thriller! 317 13 days ago
Looking for thrillers about "normal" folks caught up in extra-ordinary circumstances. 576 13 days ago
Looking for 'unexpected endings' 408 13 days ago
Desparetly seeking "page turner" books while awaiting the next book from my favorite author!! 947 13 days ago

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  92
Total posts:  137
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2011
Latest post:  13 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions