Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Can you recommend a great thriller?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 6:41:31 PM PDT
K. Gustafson says:
Dean Koontz "Phantoms", Stephen King "The Shining" or "The Exorcist"
(can't recall the author of that one which I read years ago). I must say Mr. Koontz is my favorite horror author because of his excellent character development. Pleasant dreams (or nightmares!)

K. Gustafson

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2009 9:14:24 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 11, 2011 7:18:38 PM PST]

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 4:09:06 PM PDT
The Third Threat is a page turner. The plot and action kept me so engaged I read it in a couple of days. There's nothing boring about this book. It's entertaining and captivating with great characters. I can hardly wait for the next book in the series to be released. You can purchase it on Amazon.The Third Threat

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2009 6:54:55 PM PDT
If you havenn't read them, "Whispers" and "Intensity" both by Dean Koontz are the scariest books I've ever read. I could not put "whispers" down and dreamed about it for years. However I got "Intensity" when I was staying in bed after surgery and it took an entire week ready it. I would read a few pages and have to put it down over and over. It is the scariest book I've ever read and I've read, I think, them all beginning with H.P.Lovecraft. You will not be disappointed with them either as a thriller or a horror book.

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 10:16:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:12:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 6:31:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:12:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2009 12:04:06 PM PST
Laura Hart says:
The Third Threat by Barbara Blackburn is an exciting read. Contains all the elements of a great thriller--intrigue, action, suspense and great characters. available on amazonThe Third Threat ck out www.thethirdthreat.com

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 5:56:27 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:12:47 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 8:55:21 AM PST
I found this book on one of the discussion groups, which I am new to. What a find! The blood of Tyrants kept me riveted and thinking the whole way through.
It is truly scary how quickly this country could change direction with a few highly placed leaders in power. The plot, which involves political assassinations, is also a
scary thought but the book had me wanting to know what was going to happen next and how far things would go. The main characters are well-written and I found Paul Castle very
interesting. I liked him. If you are watching the current events in Washington closely, most notably healthcare reform and the state of tv news, this book will add to that conversation. I do not condone violence. The book was exciting and
makes you think. I would recommend it highly. It is also written by the guy from "Murder, She Wrote". I grew up watching it and have good memories trying to figure the clues out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2009 11:54:02 AM PST
I highly recommend The Third Threat. It's a fast read that keeps you glued to the book from beginning to end.

It shows what could happen to anyone when something totally out of the blue comes crashing into your life. It shows what one citizen is made of and makes you hope the rest of us could show a fraction of that courage if ever faced with a similiar situation.

This is a must read!!!! Barbara Blackburn accomplishes drawing you into the lives of her characters. I can't wait until her next book comes out. Her website is www.thethirdthreat.com The Third Threat

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2009 4:30:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:13:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 1, 2009 9:04:48 PM PST
Outstanding cold war thriller set in the 80s with detailed action/battle scenes and behind-closed-doors CIA intrigue. Hard to put down and reads like a movie. I loved it. Best Laid Plans Best Laid Plans

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2009 10:52:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:13:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 8:50:33 AM PST
E.M. Muller says:
Are you interested in politics? If so, try The Founding Five. If not, don't bother because it will probably bore you to death too.

Posted on Dec 3, 2009 9:35:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:14:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2009 4:15:50 PM PST
carolpac says:
thanks, I was looking for just this, absolutely need some of the erotic but want the mystery and substance as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 3:18:29 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:14:31 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 7:34:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:14:38 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2009 3:59:02 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:14:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2009 12:42:58 AM PST
Jacob Morris says:
Paradise Flawed Try out this one. I enjoyed it very much. Its called Paradise Flawed. Basically it is about a guy who's life gets thrown into a tail spin. It has this conspiracy theory with Oil Companies, people dying, explosions, fire, and great character development. The only thing is the beginning is a little slow but as soon as you get past like page 20 it just takes off.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2009 11:36:44 AM PST
Talk about a book that keeps you hooked, The Third Threat by Barbara Blackburn is a page turner and one that you won't be able to put down once you start it!!! It begins with a bang and ends with one. The review about Jack from the TV series "24" asked if Jessica Saunders was as capable of stopping an iminent attack as Jack would be. The drama and action in this book could be compared to that series as well. It is fast paced with twists and turns. It's a must read.

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 2:15:02 AM PST
BLACK ROAD 2012
BLACK ROAD 2012 has nine (9) intensely good Reviews on it's page in Amazon and they all say the same thing----"I couldn't put it down...seemed like I was there...awesome ride," etc., including from England and France. It's a hard-boiled, gritty THRILLER written by a real Private Eye. who draws on Real Life, Real Dialogue, philosphy, religion controversy, scathing politics, CONSPIRACY THEORY, and and fiction mystery . Check it out a little, look at Product Description and Author Bio, etc.

BLACK ROAD 2012

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 11:30:47 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:18:05 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 6, 2010 1:11:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 3, 2011 9:18:17 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 1:00:31 PM PST
In my opinion, any book by Lee Child is a thriller. But, this depends on what kind of "thriller" you are looking for. I have read each of his books over and over, never get tired of them. Mariah Stewart is another, Beverly Barton or Clive Cussler (before he started sharing with other authors). Enjoy
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (700 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  703
Total posts:  1485
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 53 customers

Search Customer Discussions