Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Can you recommend a great thriller?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1376-1400 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:45:57 PM PDT
Doctor Paul says:
Hey I recommended Stuart Woods WHITE CARGO and James Patterson's THE QUICKIE and GUILTY WIVES.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:45:58 PM PDT
Doctor Paul says:
Hey I recommended Stuart Woods WHITE CARGO and James Patterson's THE QUICKIE and GUILTY WIVES.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 2:26:09 PM PDT
Pappirose says:
Jennifer, I have just the right books for you, try Christopher Smith, A Rush to Violence, it is packed with action, intrigue and murder mayhem. Smith has a number of books that are equally as thrilling. Fifth Avenue series are my favorite so far. I hope you try them and find enjoy them as much as I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 3:19:09 PM PDT
K. Murray says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 6:54:52 PM PDT
Roadrunner says:
The Quickie was very good! He is a big shot and I like him a lot, but unfortunately his early ones were a lot better! But anyway his books are great entertainment!

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 3:24:53 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 8:19:02 AM PDT
scott says:
You know another author I really like is Dan Brown. His book "The lost symbol" is my favorite so far. It was a long one, but I had a hard time putting it down. I really got lost in that story.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:51:38 AM PDT
alex kimmell says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 10:27:06 AM PDT
jsb says:
Look at your public library. Mine has very few good and recent books, but it had all of Daniel Silva's.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 9:11:17 AM PDT
Start with "Every Dead Thing" by John Connolly...doesn't get any better than his books..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 9:15:52 AM PDT
Rosemary, I agree with the Charlie Parker (John Connolly) rec. Great series with just a touch of supernatural.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:22:28 PM PST
The Quickie by James Patterson and Michael Ledgwick. One of the best books I've ever read. And John Locke's Saving Rachel (Donovan Creed)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 1:10:12 PM PST
This really isn't classified as a thriller, but if you want a book that is nearly impossible to put down, read the mystery, GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 4:54:37 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 6:32:06 PM PST
Cphe says:
Your post is extremely difficult to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 6:33:52 PM PST
@Cphe: Not only that, it's the longest self promotion I have ever seen on one of Amazon's reader discussion boards.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 8:57:15 PM PST
Cphe says:
I could not read the post, so the author lost me at "hello"

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 1:16:47 PM PST
Paul Farrar says:
I wrote this on another discussion, but thought I'd put it here as well:
I've recently finished a few worth commenting on: The Blackhouse by Peter May is the first of the "Lewis" trilogy, taking place on the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides (north of the Scottish mainland). Yes, it's as bleak as one might imagine, but well worth the read. Unfortunately, The Lewis Man, #2 in the series, is thus far unavailable on ebooks.
I was disappointed in "In the Woods" by Tana French. I don't want to sound chauvinistic, but the male protagonist wasn't portrayed well--and I think it was Tana's gender that interfered. The second in the Dublin Murder Squad books, The Likeness, had a female protagonist, and I thought it was better all around. However, to refute my own theory, the male protagonist in the third book, Faithful Place, which I've just begun, is written far more believably. So...maybe I just prefer the latter two books to the one that got Tana an Edgar for Best First Novel.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:30:04 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 6, 2013 2:58:55 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:57:20 PM PST
Tracka54 says:
Check first time author Ralph H Perkins. He wrote a Mystery/Thriller titled Treatment. It got some great reviews and its only 108 pages, but keeps your heart pumping the whole time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:39:51 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:48:32 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 9, 2013 11:29:02 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 2:06:04 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 11, 2013 4:32:28 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 4:52:56 PM PST
Try Bitch'n

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 9:04:36 AM PST
3rdFlr says:
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (698 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  703
Total posts:  1485
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 53 customers

Search Customer Discussions