Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

books for jack reacher/lee child fan

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2010 4:00:33 PM PST
Jeff says:
does anybody have a recommendation for books like the jack reacher series from lee child, someone suggested the elvis cole series, but theres not enough @$$ kicking going on for me so far...need a little more action to go with the story

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 4:23:04 PM PST
K. Jorgensen says:
John Clarkson. Can't remember the title of his first book. Jack Devlin is the character

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 5:17:48 PM PST
E. Ritchie says:
How about David Baldacci's Camel Club Series featuring former CIA assassin Oliver Stone AKA John Carr.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2010 8:58:02 AM PST
Absolutely...how about the Parker series written by Donald Westlake under the pen-name Richard Stark? Or, there is a very good Australian author, also hard-boiled, Garry Disher...his early titles about another character, also called Parker (just a coincidence).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 1:43:13 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2010 9:36:47 PM PDT
Specklebang says:
Charlie Huston's Hank Thompson trilogy: Caught Stealing, Six Bad Things and A Dangerous Man.

Dan Simmons Joe Kurtz trilogy: Hard Case, Hard Freeze, Hard As Nails.

Sci-Fi version: Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 10:43:38 PM PDT
Stephen Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger & Earl Swagger novels. "Point of Impact" & "Pale Horse Coming" are particular favorites, but I enjoyed all of them.
G. Alvin Simons

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 4:39:27 AM PDT
MMcDonald says:
Hidden Empire by Orson Scott Card had lots of butt kicking. :-) There is a hint of sci-fi, only in the fact that the bad guys have a bit of a futuristic fighting machine, but otherwise, it's firmly grounded in reality, although it reads like it could be a few years in the future.

Mary McDonald
NO GOOD DEED

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 3:13:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 30, 2010 2:10:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:00:48 AM PDT
Help!!
As a newcomer to Lee Childs and the Jack Reacher series I'm wondering whether to read them in the order they were written and so start with Killing Floor or read the prequels first - ie The Enemy, then The Affair?
Having read every book Vince Flynn has written if I was starting the Mitch Rapp series now I'd start with the recently written prequels first....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:09:57 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 26, 2012 8:19:23 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 7:31:11 PM PST
UBU says:
Wow, this book sounds incredible. It's a dystopian military spy novel in the tradition of Cussler, Child, McDermott, Flynn, DeMille, and Silva with no vulgar language. I'm off to buy it right away!

Seriously, stop spamming this book over multiple threads. It's annoying and won't lead to more sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 7:44:59 PM PST
Specklebang says:
Not a bad strategy but shouldn't make much difference. Avoid the last book in the series, A Wanted Man, which is terribly disappointing.

Plausibility is never a strong point in the Reacher novels but he's such a fascinating character that you'll love him anyway.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (709 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions