Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Toys forum

How many people on here are buying toys for themselves? XD Calling all Collectors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-211 of 211 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:20:27 PM PDT
KoolCohn81 says:
I collect Simpsons, Smurfs, and Original Series Star Trek. I also have Sailor Moon, a Meg Griffin figure, some Ren and Stimpy items, and obscure horror movies.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 12:59:38 AM PDT
EP says:
I buy for myself as well. Mainly video game collectible figures, and getting into the 3.75 inch action figures like gi joe, marvel universe, star wars, i display them on my desk every so often for inspiration and for when i get bored.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 2:02:22 PM PDT
maddie says:
I have two boys. But the completed Lego sets on display in the tv room are MINE!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 4:59:36 PM PDT
Mr. Nelson that may be true in most cases about adults wanting time with the kids toys themselves, especially in the case of hi-tech stuff like todays radio control hobbies, but this particular item that led me to check out this conversation, New Ray brand diecast replicas. I wanted to give my opinion of this product without starting a conversation thread. It is misrepresented as a "diecast replica" a diecast replica is not a toy, it is a collectible representation of american know-how and industry. New Ray manufacturers nothing but junk and they honestly should consider describing their products as just that. "imitation plastic junk made in Bejing". Personally I find it offensive that Amazon would allow this bit of fraud to be committed on their website. I am a long time Amazon subscriber to all their products and services but this is below the belt.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:22:41 PM PDT
shiloh sales says:
Which New Ray item is describing itself as a diecast replica?

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 6:42:57 PM PDT
cvictor says:
I've purchased almost all my puzzles on amazon.

Posted on Feb 7, 2013 5:05:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2013 5:11:53 AM PST
Palimino says:
What!?!?...:/ That's strange..I buy Breyer Model Horses for myself all the time off of Amazon! They are my life! I have like 120 of them! :) I even have some really old ones from the 1940s-1950s!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2013 10:04:21 PM PDT
Hey Patricia!

I also collect toys as well. Although I've sold more stuff than bought on here. But I'm currently selling some unopened Naruto toys if you're interested.

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 12:16:02 PM PDT
Amarouq says:
I'm a 35 year old video game and system collector with no children so I can't use the "kids" excuse. With roughly 700 games across 40 different new and classic systems I am in the process of redoing a room with display shelving. Don't get me wrong, I still play the games too.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2013 2:15:28 PM PDT
Have you ever watched The Angry Video Game Nerd on Youtube? He should be very inspirational to you.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 2:19:13 PM PDT
Seanae Brown says:
Lol I am on my mom's account blowing my money every month collecting dolls. I love to shop an amazon because they are kinda of fast but they have prices that are crazy they are unbelievable. What I like is their dolls are nicely packaged, fast delivery, and not all of their dolls are over priced. So you are not the only one who shops and collects for themselves XD.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (350 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  137
Total posts:  211
Initial post:  Sep 24, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 28 customers

Search Customer Discussions