Customer Discussions > Toys forum

are legos basic set and mega bloks micro set compatible??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2008 1:32:29 PM PST
dealhunter says:
I have some Mega Bloks micro sets for my son and wanted to add some of the Lego sets to supplement but was wonderng if they were compatible with each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2008 1:47:50 PM PST
E. Bullock says:
Should be - they were in the UK. Generally we always felt Lego were quality! Mega Bloks are newer to the micro pieces game and need to manufacture a wider range of pieces.

Either way Lego or Mega Bloks are superb for kids!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2008 9:43:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2008 10:01:29 PM PST
Mac G says:
They generally seem to be, and I'm sure most people would find them acceptable, but sometimes the sizes just seem to be ever so slightly different. The fit isn't quite right, such that the joints may not be as strong as they would be if you used all Lego. Lego is expensive, but they are still the best. My kids have a big box of mixed sets, and they work together fine in general, I guess. I'm somewhat picky, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 6:06:56 PM PST
GldnBailey says:
We have both kinds and while they do fit together they do NOT stay together. The fit isn't secure. We've actually seperated ours because my son, age 4, was getting so frustrated with things falling apart. I would stick with one or the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2008 9:33:10 AM PST
dealhunter says:
Thanks so much for all the answers. I have decided to stick with one kind or keep them separate if my son happens to end up ever getting both. Great help.

Posted on Sep 16, 2009 1:18:14 PM PDT
Retrodude says:
I am interested in exploring an item that comes from a company where it is way cheaper if you buy 8-9 of the same item. How could I set up a secure means of having people who are interested, be able to pool their monies so that we all can get this item as cheap as possible?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions