Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Sellers Wall of Shame!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 376-400 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 7:25:02 PM PST
Honest question... If you found this so useless, why did you decide to read the threads much less participate in it?

Also, why are people calling MoOo0o0o a liar? She said she had questions and they were answered. How does this make someone a liar?

And, about the pricing on reviews... not to mention trying to discredit consumers on these threads. IMO, I feel that the resellers are claiming we are improper because they fear someone may read these and actually take this into account and not make the purchase... and that is EXACTLY what those reviews and these posts are for, to make other consumers aware.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2009 7:41:45 PM PST
Christina Bianchi says: "Also, why are people calling MoOo0o0o a liar?"

Basically, she's stretching the truth (about the effectiveness of reviews mentioned previously) in order to support her arguement. It's a weak tactic... but I don't feel comfortable calling her a liar, so I retract.

Christina Bianchi says: "And, about the pricing on reviews... not to mention trying to discredit consumers on these threads. IMO, I feel that the resellers are claiming we are improper because they fear someone may read these and actually take this into account and not make the purchase... and that is EXACTLY what those reviews and these posts are for, to make other consumers aware."

OMG, how many times do the Marketplace Seller supports have to say this: if you don't like the price, don't buy it! If you don't understand what you're buying, do a simple internet search to gather information. Educate yourself and make good purchasing decisions, but don't cloud up product reviews with misleading information! (Note: every day I see product reviews where a product is given all 1-star ratings just because somebody is upset about the price -- that's not right!)

Please understand that it's OK if you pass on the purchase... for whatever reason... because then it's available for the next person in line.

Again, the inclusion of pricing information in reviews is prohibited by Amazon... which makes sense, because this is their site... obviously, they don't want people directed outside of the site to a competitor. Yup, Amazon makes the rules for their site. :)

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 12:23:57 AM PST
"Again, the inclusion of pricing information in reviews is prohibited by Amazon... which makes sense, because this is their site... obviously, they don't want people directed outside of the site to a competitor. Yup, Amazon makes the rules for their site. :) "

OR, is it because its suppose to be a PRODUCT review and not a price review? If someone goes to the page and sees the average rating is 2 out of 5 stars they may move on. I know i have. And what happens when a Zhu zhu gets 1 out of 5 average review because the prices are too high, but then Amazon gets plenty of supplies after Christmas but it still shows up as a 1 out of 5?

Some people just don't think things through before posting and just try to justify their weak views with lame theories.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 1:46:55 PM PST
"OR, is it because its suppose to be a PRODUCT review and not a price review? If someone goes to the page and sees the average rating is 2 out of 5 stars they may move on. I know i have. And what happens when a Zhu zhu gets 1 out of 5 average review because the prices are too high, but then Amazon gets plenty of supplies after Christmas but it still shows up as a 1 out of 5?"

If people were to actually read the reviews they would see that people are complaining of the prices being too high, are actually stating the going price and the original MSRP. After X mas, if they are listed at say $9, and there is a review saying... I won't pay the $55.00 mark up for a $9 toy, this should not affect the sale of the toy, since it is no longer going for the $55.00 people were upset about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 3:44:21 PM PST
wwwSOOAYcom says:
To Jane Doe
Wow....I love you...???!!! Finally someone who gets it...???!!! Keep it up...???!!!

Posted on Nov 22, 2009 3:52:03 PM PST
wwwSOOAYcom says:
About Jane Doe...
Everyone should read "JANE DOE's POST..This is a person that "clearly Gets It"...???!!!
Wow im very impressed...???!!!
THANK YOU...???!!!

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 9:43:51 AM PST
BEWARE: littlestoreontheinternet

Examples of gouging:

Our Generation Doll
littlestoreontheinternet price $159.00
Target price $31.99

Our Generation Bathtub and Accessories
little store on the internet price $79.95
Target price $16.89

Our Generation Horse
little store on the internet price $259.00!!!!
Target price $36.49

And MUCH more!

I am completely disgusted. I went into Target one afternoon with my 7 year old daughter. She loved the Figure Skating doll. I went back a couple of days later to get it for her birthday, but it was already gone. When I looked on line I was completely disgusted to see this seller had 4 of them, and is charging 5 times the price! So who are they screwing??? A little girl is who! Shame on them and all the other sellers taking advantage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2009 10:27:32 AM PST
Well, I just searched "Our Generation Doll" on Amazon and there are at least 17 Our Generation Dolls available at $29.99 or less... and most with free shipping.

I searched "Our Generation Bathtub and Accessories" on Amazon and the first match was this: Our Generation Bathtub and Accessories where the product is available for $16.89.

I searched "Our Generation Horse" on Amazon and the first match was this: Our Generation Lipizzaner Horse Set where the horse was available for $36.49. There are at least ten other horses available at that price.

Bottom line: you're complaining for nothing... Amazon has the products you want at the price you want. Why waste any time worrying about one seller with unusually high prices -- just have a laugh and walk away!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2009 12:57:35 PM PST
Markus

First of all the reason I posted that seller is because this is what I read about this whole discussion forum:

"I am starting a new discussion to LIST those ridiculously priced toy - that's it. It's a list, that's it - it's so all the last minute shoppers can look in ONE place and double check if the price they see or the vendor is decent (according to the majority).

Ok, here are the ground rules.

1. List the item by description and manufacturer number (if possible)
2. MSRP or "usual price/price range"
3. Seller's asking price
4. Anything you think will help someone make a wise buying decision. Like a bad shopping experience, etc. Please stick to the facts and leave the emotion checked at the door.
5. No trolling, flaming, etc."

I know there are other sellers that are selling those items at a reasonable price, I was just listing the name of a seller who I think should be noted here in the discusion group titled "Sellers Wall of Shame". I am aware that there are plenty of other Our Generation products available at reasonable prices, that has nothing to do with the fact that this seller is charging way too much. I also find it unfair IF the seller is buying up all of a certain toy, just to mark it up, especially if your average family will no longer be able to afford that item.

The ONE doll my daughter specifically liked was the Figure Skating doll. I saw it at Target when she was with me, I went back to get it for her birthday but it was gone. So, I looked on line, and only found this one being sold by "littlestoreontheinternet" for 5 times as much. I was quite shocked, so I just got her another doll that I'm sure she'll enjoy just as much if not more. I also wanted to share the info I found about this specific seller.

I suppose you can say I broke rule #4, cuz I forgot to check my emotions at the door. So, my bad.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 1:48:12 PM PST
S. Zieg says:
What happened to the original idea of this thread???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2009 8:03:58 PM PST
Actually, Maureen, it's my bad. I now understand what you were trying to do... I am just surprised that somebody was actually trying to build the list as OP suggested. I still think it's silly, especially when there are dozens of other options as I mentioned. Regardless, I should have understood that you were not necessarily whining, just hoping to contribute. I still think this thread sucks, but I should not have directed that at you. My apologies.

Posted on Nov 23, 2009 10:28:52 PM PST
LilyRose says:
Apperently many here don't know much about economics or how markets work
Every thing you buy has been bought and sold several times over, in some form or another.

All I see here in this thread is Just a bunch of aurguing about a price difference from one seller to another.
How about a little story on economics for you all.
Say there is two Companys, ABC SuperMart and BettyLou's Country Gift Shop.
Now both are going to be selling Holiday Cookie Jars.
ABC SuperMart goes to XYZ Manufacturer and is told the wholesale price of the Country Santa Cookie Jar is $15.49. But ABC SuperMart says they are willing to buy 100,000 of the Country Santa Cookie Jars. So XYZ Manufacturer selles the cookie jars to them for 1/2 or $7.75 each. Now Betty Lou only wants to buy 25 Country Santa Cookie Jars. Her price from XYZ Manufacturer is $15.49. (The manufacturer will make far more money selling one large quantity, than 200 little quantities here and there.)
ABC SuperMart has it's own freight trucks to pick up the cookie jars directly from the manufacturer, so their shipping is marginal - .28cents for each cookie jar. Betty Lou has to pay freight charges to have the Cookie Jars shipped to her. Adding another $1.32 to the price of the Cookie Jars. Now ABC Super Mart decides that there will be 200% markup on the Country Santa Cookie Jars.( $15.77 ~ $15.49 + .28) Betty Lou only marks up her Cookie jars 19% ($19.98) Already she is priced way above the SuperMart. Then ABC Super Mart puts their Country Santa Cookie Jars on Sale for $12.99.(still making a $5.00 profit)
Betty Lou keeps her little Gift Shop open extra hours, trying to compete with ABC SuperMart, costing her more in wages, overhead ect. Along comes Mary-complains-alot, she's looking for the Country Santa Cookie Jar. Seeing the price of $19.98 she flips out and gripes about the price on the Country Santa Cookie Jar. ABC SuperMart has them on SALE for $12.99. (but they're sold out)
Betty Lou tries to explain that she'll be lucky to make 1% profit off each Cookie jar at the $19.98 price point. But Mary-complains-alot acuses her of price gouging and leaves, complaining about the ridiculous prices some businesses will charge.
Do some sellers way over price their items??
Do some sellers have a buying advantage over other sellers??
Do people make typing mistakes sometimes???
When a price is above what you expected, there could be many factors going into that price.
When ABC SuperMart sells an item at $8.00 and Joes Online Toy shop has the same item for $16.00 or even $24.00 it doesnt automatically mean they bought everything from ABC SuperMart and then started gouging the consumer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2009 7:31:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2009 7:49:23 AM PST
Thanks Markus. It's cool. I did think you were a meanie head at first. lol. Happy Shopping Everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2009 7:39:32 AM PST
For me personally I think it really sucks that some people just go buy up certain toys clearing the shelves and sell them on line for 10 times as much. That's different than Joe needing to mark up the price of his product to cover his cost and try to make a modest profit. It's just a quick and easy way to make a buck, and it screws the rest of the people in that area who can no longer just go to their local stores to buy that special gift for someone. I would say most of the time (and this is just a guess) people can find the product at the "normal" price elsewhere, but I have personally experienced NOT being able to find something as simple as a little car (from the movie Cars) for my kids in the store, but found them on line for a shocking price. I just think it's sad, but I also think it's sad that we (as a society) are addicted to consumerism and are used to getting our kids WAY more crap then they ever need. So, I don't know, maybe this is the way to balance some of that out. ??? If you believe things are the way they are for a reason. In the mean time, I guess it makes for a fun debate. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2009 9:00:27 AM PST
Miami Nights says:
It's far more simpler than your complicated generalization.

Some people just flat out are asking for too much, and it's really nothing to do with supply and demand -- just their greed.

There are people out there who swarm such stores as Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us to scoop up all the hottest action figures, so others can't get them, and they start charging crazy prices for them.

I'm not fully blaming them, as everyone else has to be smart and not pay such ridiculous prices, but when these scalpers are making it hard for little kids to merely get their favorite character's action figure or other toy. It's like grown men stealing candy from a baby, that's what it is, and that's largely why it's so shameful.

They're greedy scalpers fighting with kids over toy candy, and they're trying to force parents' hands. I can't see how people don't see that as being bad.

I bet if these scalper types did that to things that adults really wanted (such as certain cars), those same adults who are telling everyone here to stop whining and complaining would be whining, complaining and throwing a grown-up tantrum.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2009 3:25:53 PM PST
B.Brown, I agree to a level that there is a bit of a "crybaby" syndrome going on here. Being a seller and having to pay attention to the fluctuation of asking prices on Amazon I do see some sellers asking truly ridiculous prices for shoddy items while others are asking more reasonable rates for items in better condition. This is more in reference to books rather than toys, but price gouging happens on all boards.

To everyone else....Basically the deal is this. If someone's posting a ridiculous price for their item one of a few things happens: the next seller will either follow suit or scoff at their stupidity and price their item reasonably. From there, if there enough sellers, the ridiculously marked up item will eventually become buried and no one will bother looking at it anyways which means that seller has pretty much lost that sale for quite some time. If they want to go that route and continuously sit on their stock, that's their problem. There will always be others who are willing to sell their items for what they are more likely to be worth and close a sale. So as some people are saying: if you truly feel the need to have that item NOW instead of waiting and/or shopping around when the hype has died down...then don't complain. No one is forcing you to buy these things. Pay attention to the release dates of these items and opening times of stores. How do you think resellers get to these items before you do? They make that extra effort to research their product. You want it that badly? Then be there when it's available, not one minute later. You want good solid evidence to prove my statement? Go ask an experienced bookseller, particularly at a chain store, to tell you stories of the afternoons in the store after Oprah's aired another title on her show.

In the perspective of a buyer, take the time to consider ratings, complaints and HOW a description is presented. Personally, if the seller posts a dry, generic description like "ships out of____ and ___ positive ratings." That tells me nothing about the product I'm dropping my cash on and a representation of how they might care about me as their customer. They don't. It's money all the way for them and sometimes their prices underline that point. I would rather shop from someone asking a little more who takes the time to tell me EXACTLY what I am purchasing or like I said, simply wait until the hype is gone.

Posted on Nov 24, 2009 11:50:38 PM PST
Panic Mouse says:
Um, yay capitalism and all that, but I seriously just saw a 15-inch Dora hoppy ball for, no lie, 99 dollars! I mean, those things usually run for about 10 or 15 bucks, and anybody who would actually buy it at that ridiculous price is a moron, but come on, is the vendor stupid or just really really nervy?

Posted on Nov 25, 2009 10:51:58 AM PST
T. Greenman says:
Tis the season to be jolly, peace on earth & goodwill toward men (and women). It amazes me what people are willing to argue about on the internet. If you don't like the price, don't buy. Change the channel, turn off the TV, and so on. How about everyone getting together for a nice dinner and forget about running their charge accounts up to their limits.
Happy Holidays everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009 6:38:51 PM PST
Black Sheep deals sucks - they overprice big time!!! I will never ever ever buy from them - even if they have something marked at a normal price becasue of what I have seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2009 6:56:44 PM PST
Gita says:
I remember talking about Black Sheep Deals LAST Holiday season - can't believe they're still around and up to the same tricks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2009 7:27:47 AM PST
Heres a scum bag- WALL OF FAME- WWE elimination chamber ring w/ 2 bonus figures- $119.99. Exact same one on sale at KMART- $29.99. More like what a shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2009 1:51:32 PM PST
Aaron says:
Amen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2009 1:52:14 AM PST
Shane Evans says:
"The point of the post is ... many people ... don't know that they should "price shop" before making a purchase... "

Further evidence that stupid people shouldn't breed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2009 3:36:25 AM PST
I would just like to comment genarally on this post and other posts like it. I am a father of three with one on the way. My family and I have to be very careful with our money. I am also an avid gamer. This includes ps3 and a card game called Magic: The Gathering. Both can be very expensive hobbies. This being said, I also have to do right by my family. We may not have the most or best of any one thing but we also have to realize (me mostly) that that is not what is important. If you see something your children might like or go crazy over it is often hard to say no, but you must know where to draw the line. that is what being a parent is all about. Now, with that out of the way, I would also like to comment on re-sellers. I do not personnaly think they are "bad" people. Nor should anyone who has done their research on a specific item. Sometimes it may not be fair, but neither is the fact that people want to bash someone who is just trying to make a little extra. Learn some control people! understanding and love are the points of the christmas season, not how you got stuck with 400% markup on little johnny or suzie's fav toy. I would like to end my comments with this: peace be with you all and have a happy round of holidays.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2009 9:32:41 AM PST
Could it just be a typo? Maybe $164.99 or $264.99... I could not imagine any company asking over $1k the going rate, on purpose, and expecting anyone to purchase their item(s). And, if they are asking that much and someone makes the purchase for that much over retail, then the purchaser deserves what they get... And by BTW - this thread started last year, so it seems like old news.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (340 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  577
Total posts:  1423
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 50 customers

Search Customer Discussions