Customer Discussions > Toys forum

People have forgotten that cost and value are variable - if you don't already agree with me, this post is too long so you should probably just go ahead and not read it

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 52 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 14, 2012 6:51:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 6:59:50 PM PST
<<If we were to say Robert gives bad head, should we extrapolate that to mean every person named Robert does the same, or just every male?>>

ummm yeah SFP I'm not even going to respond to any of your nonsense after you just accused me of being a homosexual in order to mock me. Can you possibly be any more of a tactless lowlife? You sink to those kind of depths because you have absolutely no grasp of the subject at hand and can't discuss anything like a rational adult. Every one of your little "points" is an incorrect paraphrasing of what I've said and just shows you to not only be ignorant but a bigot too. You're pathetic and not even deserving of the effort to have a discussion with.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:02:14 PM PST
Robert, the reason you're not responding is because you simply are unable to respond. Every single thing you have said has been poked completely full of holes, and you simply have no defence because everything you have stated is simply your opinion with no actual basis in logic, fact or any kind of first hand experience. To have any kind of experience would place you squarely in the "scum" category you enjoy placing others in.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:14:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 7:34:36 PM PST
SFP, the "person" that believes the only way to win a debate is to flame people on the internet with wild claims and accusations. You haven't presented one piece of logical reasoning to support any of your crybaby tantrums. You have resorted over and over again to hurling insults at me, twisting my statements around, and acting like a baby because you can't stand that someone doesn't bow down to your seriously flawed ranting. None of your refutations or arguments barely make sense and your use of distorting things is masterful but nonetheless incorrect. They're all very witty but unfortunately not even a close approximation to what I've actually stated. This just further demonstrates that outright lying, fabrication, hyperbole, and outright ad hominem attacks are the only way you can "win" an argument you know you can't win. I can see why you're hanging on the internet so much in thees forums, anyone who acts like you doesn't have many friends anyway. And though I've never called you "scum" like you just did to me(?), your actions certainly fit the criteria. SFP, always keeping it classy...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:43:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 7:57:11 PM PST
Robert,

We've explained it as simply as possible that any argument or opinion you have thrown around is inaccurate at best, and a total falsehood at worst.

We've given you example after example and used your own words. To say anyone has "twisted" your statements is rubbish. We even extrapolated, just like you have, using your EXACT opinons. We used your EXACT wording, and then explained how your opinions, while you are indeed entitled to have one, is based on something you have made up and have absolutely zero basis in fact. We dug down deep and said WWRD, What Would Robert Do, and put it out there just as you would.

As much as you howl and scream how the country is being torn down by people employing the ingenuity that this nation is built on, all we've seen from you, Robert, is whining and complaining, and when you can't defend your own statements, then you complain, "MY WORDS ARE BEING TWISTED!".

You have had severe difficulties putting together anything resembling coherency thus far. If you go back and re-read our previous post, you will see where your opinions have little relevance or basis in any kind of fact or experience. We spelled everything out for you, Robert. It simply cannot be broken down any further. We used your own words, your own reasoning, as you posted here and explained in plain English how your reasoning is in error. You can't even defend your own statements.

The fact that you cannot grasp these simple truths is unsurprising.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:58:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 8:19:56 PM PST
You are persistent, I'll give you that. Unfortunately it's not surprising to me that instead of conducting rational discourse you prefer to sling insults because your simple mind can't grasp these concepts. But again, I must ask, why do you care what I think? Why do you care if I, or others, think that some of the behavior by third-party sellers is greedy? Why does it enrage you so much you would go to such lengths even though you don't understand a single concept being talked about to argue, twist, and insult? I have not accused you of anything I have talked about in regards to third-party selling, but yet you feel the need to make it personal with me. Why is that? Is it because in your own business you yourself have been accused of being a "less-than-stellar" business with practices that some (or many would) consider "questionable"? Why the childish venom?

Oh yeah, and for the record what I have said is "pure capitalism" is greed; Greed is the relentless pursuit of maximum profits no matter what it takes; Greed is taking more than you need, greed is taking away from others what you don't need yourself. And the reason that regulation exists is to protect the workers (and the environment) from their employers. If employers always magnanimously acted in the interest of employees then there would be no need to protect the worker with regulation. Labor laws, child labor laws, EPA and EEOC regulations and even OSHA regulations are all there because companies' greed made it necessary. THAT'S why "pure capitalism" doesn't work. And lastly, there isn't a corporation in existence that wouldn't be all for paying their employees 20 cents a day for 16hr shifts if they could get away with it. That's why they outsource, because in those third world countries they can get just that. These are all simple truths you can twist around blah blah blah but it doesn't change the fact they are truths.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 8:25:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 8:49:36 PM PST
There's no venom anywhere, Robert. Simply the desire to tilt at windmills in the hope that someday, you can grasp the simplest concepts. You simply do not grasp anything here, Robert, and cry foul when your own words are used against you. Honestly, you can levy as many complaints as you desire against this company, but that's not for me to care one way or the other, so long as my cheques clear every Friday. You don't work for this company, so you really have no idea what you are talking about, which isn't very surprising, considering you don't really know what you're talking about anywhere in this thread.

Our job is to inform, educate and enlighten. Sadly, as mentioned elsewhere, there are those such as you who simply refuse to open your virtual eyes and ears to recognise the facts as posted, and insist on clinging to your own opinion, which is certainly a right of yours to have such, but you seem to think that your opinions not only speak for the majority (or everyone), but that if you state it, it must be factual, failing to recognise that an opinion is different than fact.

We have pointed out with your own words, again and again and again where your reasoning is seriously flawed, and each time, you can't even come back to defend what you have posted. You have been given chance after chance to explain where this flawed reasoning comes from, and you seem to wilfully decline to do such.

If your reasoning had even the slightest grain of truth to it, there wouldn't be a job in the world that paid over minimum wage. Again, Robert, the only one with venom seems to be you. Did some corporation fire you or some family member that you have this rage about business? You seem to have this goal to try to correlate profits with the law, and try to somehow put together two unrelated concepts.
You seem to think that pure capitalism does NOT work, but we dare say that most economists would disagree. What you do (and quite well, we should add) is throw out your OPINION, and then you back it up with ANOTHER opinion. Yet, nowhere have you backed up anything with any fact, nor have you based it on any experience to date, and your most recent post proves it "All corporations would pay minimum wage if not for the law". Facts, Robert. Find them. Seriously. You have real issues with business. Is this because you don't have the skills, drive, or creativity necessary to be successful in a company somewhere that you seem to have this hate-on for business, or are you just one of those people that is anti-business in general, and must always find a reason to complain?

Again, you fail to explain where your rationale comes from when you make these bold claims.

You want more of your words? Pure capitalism is not greed. Where is this opinion of yours based upon? Personal experience? Personal opinion?

"there isn't a corporation in existence that wouldn't be all for paying their employees 20 cents a day for 16hr shifts if they could get away with it." Where does this come from? What facts back that up? Or is this just another outrageous opinion with no actual factual basis?

"And the reason that regulation exists is to protect the workers (and the environment) from their employers" Where does this come from in fact?

Robert, we truly honestly respect that you have strong opinions. However, you seem to have this problem that is truly rampant here, where you seem to confuse your personal opinion with a fact, but simply have no ability to back it up, and when challenged to back it up, you can not, and simply say, "It's the truth". Well, if it is a truth, surely you will have something that will support it other than your opinion. For many years, it was the truth that the world was flat. For many years, it was the truth that the sun revolved around the earth. All of these truths were eventually proven to be factually lacking. Everything you have stated is as factually lacking as those other examples.

You talk of "greed". That is also your OPINION. One man's greed is another's fair price. It boils down to the original post here: VALUE. If one VALUES their Spacely Sprocket at a higher price point than you do, who is greedy? Are they greedy for doing whatever it takes to get that item? Is the vendor greedy because he "should have" sold it for less? Who determines prices? Should we have President Obama step in and pass legislature to regulate prices to whatever he sees fit? What happens after his term is done? Then do prices go to what the next President feels is not greedy? What happens then? If consumers always set prices, there would be no business. Ditto for the inverse. So now who gets to determine what is too much? Should profit be restricted to whatever is needed to pay bills and no more? Then churches and other non-profits would REALLY be in trouble, since many DO just scrape by. Some don't, of course, but some do.

We're not sure where you formed these opinions, or what formed them for you, but we'd love to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 8:37:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 8:48:36 PM PST
well you are free to dispute something like an adult with an informed argument, but every time you are given the chance you choose to be an insulting bully spouting schoolyard taunts. There is no point in discussing anything with you because you just don't get it. Although I do enjoy your colorful over-dramatization of statements I have made. I know that's part of your debate style, or bullying style I mean. Unfortunately the fact remains you just can't conduct a rational conversation without being an obnoxious baby, rather than a rational adult. It's surprising too, because there apparently is more than one of you typing the comments from all the times you refer to yourself as "we" and yet that's the best you can do...

<<Our job is to inform, educate and enlighten.>>

No your "job" is to sell wrestling goods. Even if it was to "inform, educate and enlighten" exactly how is that being done by conducting yourself the way you do?. You seem to be doing a very poor "job" when the best retort you have is an example about my being a homosexual performing s*x acts. What a disgusting display of ignorance. Since you intended that to be an insult, you apparently are a bigot as well. Maybe you should try and get some of that education and enlightenment yourself because you sure make yourself out to be not much more than a lowlife with an internet connection.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 8:51:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 8:51:56 PM PST
Robert,

We've explained it to you every conceivable way. You may choose to focus on one single thing, and that's great if that's all you got. By the way, my boss tells me my job. We have our "mission statement". Thankfully, it doesn't come from you.

Here we go again, tilting at windmills.

YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT A FACT.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 9:01:57 PM PST
DisplacedMic says:
Wow - this was totally derailed. Despite the accusation of self-congratulatory condescension i really was just trying to spark a bit of a discussion that wasn't already 2 years old and 20 pages long. While many of us aren't blameless - you really came out of the gate nasty Robert which wasn't really necessary. While I'm obviously never going to see eye-to-eye with someone who thinks capitalism is tearing a country down, there's no reason why this conversation can't remain civil.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 9:03:40 PM PST
hmm no I choose to focus on the deplorable way you conduct yourself towards others and deduce that you resort to the tactics you do because you have absolutely no understanding of the topics discussed. I've explained concepts as simply as I can but you refuse to discuss, just insult.

<<By the way, my boss tells me my job. We have our "mission statement". Thankfully, it doesn't come from you.>>

ohhh really? Did your boss tell you your "job" is to surf Amazon running your mouth on internet forums? Do you think your boss might be a little upset about how you act using his business's name? You know, you are a representative to the public of your company and when you act the way you do you make them look bad. Oh well, I'm done tilting at this bigoted windbag, I mean windmill....

<<YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT A FACT.>>

k buddy, have a great night

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 9:07:34 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 9:09:31 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 9:20:13 PM PST
You know Shadow Fire, you are really something. You say "We've put it as plain as can be..." implying the two of you had done anything. You have heckled and insulted, not presented any "facts" and just relied on your insults and dramatic flair to try to make me go away. Displacedmic at least has a modicum of intelligence and can discuss things like a rational adult. You on the other hand, haven't a clue about what a "fact" is. You say I've had "chance after chance to explain my views" but once again that's where your cleverness is. You choose to deride the discussion with your insults and nonsense circular logic so one never has time to "discuss" with you. You just turn the thread into bickering so you don't have to reveal you don't know what you're talking about. Very clever but still just shows you don't know anything. People don't have to agree to discuss things but you just want to beat people up that don't agree with your "logic", and I use that term very loosely.

mic, good luck with your thread. Too bad SFP had to turn it into a bully's schoolyard rather than a discussion forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 9:32:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 9:33:01 PM PST
Feel free to state where all your opinions come from, Robert. You have had every opportunity to state what influenced your opinion, yet, you still choose not to do such.

YES, it is OK to have an opinion.

NO, it is NOT ok to pretend your opinions are FACTS.

Here it is, just for you, Robert, plain as day:

STATE WHERE YOUR OPINIONS COME FROM

WHAT HAS INFLUENCED THESE OPINIONS OF YOURS?

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE THE PRETENCE THAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE FACTS?

IF THESE OPINIONS ARE INDEED "FACTS" OR "TRUTHS", THEN BACK IT UP WITH FACTS, NOT MORE OPINION.

Happy now? You have been given chance after chance after chance after chance, and every opportunity in the world, but continue to spout nonsense and pretend like you are somehow "cut off", as if someone was blocking your ability to post.

Come on, now...let's see what lies underneath the surface...

There you go. Gauntlet down. Challenge accepted? Probably not.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 9:02:42 AM PST
this country was built on American ingenuity and hard work

Yes, Robert. The same ingenuity and hard work that allows people to open stores to buy things from "big box" to the sole proprietor selling magazines to mid-level mom and pop stores.

Without such, you would never be able to buy anything. So, how, precisely, is "Capitalism is what's tearing it down"?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 7:37:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2012 7:57:13 AM PST
Darkstar says:
SFP,

I wish, just once, you'd realize that you are a MAIN party (although there are others) in many of these toy forum discussions, who ALWAYS purports their opinions to be facts... ...even when all the actual documented facts, prove you to be wrong.

You constantly harrass anyone with a differing opinion than yours, and, maliciously twist their words, and then you try to belittle those who have actually bested you, in discussion/debate.

Fortunately, most are much more intelligent, rational, civil and especially reasonable... than you.

Which is why you have virtually no one finding your posts to be even relevant, anymore, on this forum.

It must be wonderful for you, going through life, and always thinking you know it all.

We can feel pity for you, and you make many feel outrage... but, no sympathy.

"He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not... is a fool. Shun him."
- Joe Ramone (author)

To Isaac,

Nice try, but, some never listen... especially when they are part of the problem.

You really ought to keep your parenting opinions to yourself, though, until you have some practical experience. You aren't wrong... but, perspective is a little off, when you only have a theory. Just ask Dr. Spock.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 10:57:51 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 11:00:55 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 11:20:18 AM PST
DisplacedMic says:
Agreed, and even if you do think there's something wrong with greed, so what? Some people think homosexual encounters, for example, are wrong... So what? Against homosexuality? Don't do it, but don't presume to tell some else how to live.

Same goes for this, don't enter into business with someone who you think is greedy, but don't tell someone else what to value.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 11:45:07 AM PST
Mvargus says:
Vernon,

The poster pushing the corporate greed meme in this thread was clearly upset by what he saw as "price gouging" because some sellers will raise a price of a hard to find toy above suggested retail. He sees that as "greedy".

The fact that some people will bargain hunt until they make their cash wimper isn't seen a "greedy" because then its the man taking on the corporate machine.

The fact that we don't know what the seller really paid is meaningless

The fact that we dont' know all the costs to the seller, are meaningless.

Because to that one poster, all that matters is that the price is above suggested retail. He admits taht other units might be available if you were to search locally, but he clearly is someone who wants it "NOW", and doesn't understand that now requires a premium be paid.

An economic scientist once noted that in any transaction the buyer was usually seeking 3 things. Speed, Quality and Price. Capitalism has always said that you get 2 of the 3, your choice of which 2. These "price gougers" are just fulfilling that proof. They have raised the price on an item and said. We have quality and speed, but you will pay us for it, or you can wait for the market to see more produce issued and accept a slower speed to get a better price. Your choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 11:46:27 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 12:34:28 PM PST
I agree it isn't "seen" as greedy, but it is just the other side of the same coin. The problem is people choose not to "see" facts all the time. Thanks for the reply.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 1:54:36 PM PST

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 9:29:06 PM PST
J. S. Wright says:
Everything is a variable, here it is more than anything. Who rated it? Good or bad? How many rated it? How many reviewed it? How much does it cost? Do I actually want/need it? Your right. Congrads at out thinking us. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:07:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 20, 2012 5:17:30 PM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions