Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Vendors Rip Off Amazon Customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 432 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 6:49:09 AM PDT
wolfman says:
Try to resolve with Petco First and hold them to their word and make copies for your records. My claim was about 5 years ago before Amazon had their A to Z program and a matter of fact I think my claim had somthing to do with them having their A-Z guarantee program. My claim took almost a year. Don't give up.

Posted on May 18, 2009 7:01:47 AM PDT
wolfman says:
What is going on with UPS they are loosing and banging up a lot of merchandice.
I think they need to investigate this growing problem.-----------The Wolfman---------

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 10:32:06 AM PDT
Ups out my way is great, and actually preferred to usps, or even fedex.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 2:09:02 PM PDT
Nicole Foote says:
How exactly would a vendor get reviews if nobody buys from them in the first place?

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2009 6:56:58 PM PDT
C. Davis says:
Tree Hugger: Since PETCO is a large retailer, my thinking is that you are talking w/ a low level web rep. If they refuse to escalate it to a real manager (as QVC has tried to do), I'd suggest this: Take copies of your conversations/documentation and the item they shipped you (I hope you have your packing slip and the original offering page) into the manager of your local PETCO (hopefully you won't need to escalate to the General or District manager, but that can be done, too). I've had retailers argue that they are separate divisions, but after stating that I understand that, but it's still the same company, and any reviews, complaints and recommendations would affect both divisions, I can usually get them to see the light. If they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, I get the name of their higher manager, even if I have to call corporate to get it. In other words, I become a polite, but persistent nuisance. ;) HTH

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 8:17:36 AM PDT
Wow, there's really no need to do any of this stuff suggested.

The A-to-Z process will work. It might take a few days, but it will work. Even the "non-believers" are starting to trust the A-to-Z.

Tree hugger, would you please follow up and provide us all with the date that you actually filed the A-to-Z Request and the date that the problem was resolved?

C. Davis, I'm not suggesting that your method would not be effective. It's just too much energy wasted, IMO. FWIW, you could likely get the same results if you called one of Petco's *competitors* and complained about your experience at Petco! You could claim that your bad experience with Petco is hurting the retail pet supply business overall. At some point, they'll break down and give you free stuff just to shut you up. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 10:34:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2009 11:12:06 AM PDT
Marcus, I filed on May 15th, 2 days later I received a shipment email from them. My point is, the seller misrepresented the item in the first place, by both picturing and describing a gallon, and at the very end of the item description 24 oz pump spray is tacked on.
I feel I should not have had to take it to the level of A-to-Z claim to have this resolved with a national retailer. And now I am going to check and see if they corrected the listing
Edit: I just looked up the listing, and there was no mention of a 24 oz pump spray like the rep claimed. Not only that, but they are still listing it the same, one gallon, with a picture of a gallon. It is only when I scrolled down to product details did I see the shipment weight-1.8 lbs. I know a gallon weighs 8 lbs. So there is a definite problem with their listing, and they still have not corrected it after it has been brought to their attention.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 11:54:28 AM PDT
wolfman says:
All in All Amazon is a lot better today than it was 4 years ago when they had no A-Z backup. You were on your own with the seller and Amazon already made their money up front and could care less about you. I was very instrumental getting the A-Z program in place and now everybody takes it for granted-------The Wolfman-------------

Posted on May 19, 2009 6:57:42 PM PDT
On 12/26/08, wolfman says:
"I have not seen any dispute procedures section on Amazon. When I did not receive my Merchandise and it was not shipped thru the Mail Carriers I felt like I was hung out to dry with no recourse."

On 12/27/08, wolfman says:
"Be careful who you buy from on the internet. E-Bay and Pay-Pal seem to be the best and they are more fun. Amazon has a lot of work to do. The Wolfman"

On 12/31/08, wolfman says:
"Like I said before Amazon had to change their policies as too many buyers on Amazon were getting ripped off. This is before their so called A-Z crap. ------------------The Wolfman-----------------------"

Wolfman, five months ago, you were claiming that the A-to-Z Guarantee was ineffective and crappy. Now, you're taking credit for it. What a change! I don't think people take A-to-Z for granted -- in fact, as I claimed earlier, it's the most important factor that distinguished Amazon's secondary marketplace from the one on eBay.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2009 7:11:16 PM PDT
tree hugger,

It's hard to know whether the seller intentionally misrepresented the item. Could you please post the ASIN number of the listing (or just a link to the product details page) so we can take a look at it?

I agree, ideally, you should not have to "take it to the level of an A-to-Z claim" to resolve the problem. However, isn't is nice to have some recourse when the seller does not fulfill their obligations?

I'm surprised that you got a shipping notice on a Sunday; hopefully your gallon is on it's way!

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2009 5:30:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2009 5:36:23 AM PDT
Marcus, I agree, but when they have been alerted to the misrepresentation almost a month ago, there isw no excuse. Read their reviews. There have been others who purchased this prodcut and were surprised when all they got was a lousy little spray bottle. Look at all the 1 star reviews, they are apparrently switching dog beds, bones, etc. So it is not just one item.
I have never given less than a 5 star review- I have enjoyed shopping here at Amazon because all year I have been home with a baby, and it is so much easier to browse on-line than attempt a trip out in public.

The ASIN # B000XS679W
See for yourself, I already emailed yesterday letting them know they in fact had not corrected their listing as they claimed in their only correspondence to me.
I am going to see if they are selling the other nature's miracle product in the same fashion.
Please, try to rationally justify their actions, I really would like to hear this one...

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2009 5:50:59 AM PDT
wolfman says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 6:36:05 AM PDT
So Marcus, have you looked up the item? It is still there, being sold under false pretenses. I even contacted them and of course they did not reply. They did finally send the gallon, and strangely gave me a refund as well. I will not be bought, though, and am taking the next step to contact Amazon about their shifty selling practices.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 9:42:13 AM PDT
D. Whitteker says:
I don't necessarily think that this product was done with the company intentionally causing mischief. There's a few times I've caught myself being an idiot and putting the wrong information in on a product such as weight. I found myself mistakenly putting 8 pounds for something that was 8 ounces and it taking weeks for Amazon to correct the issue. Sounds strange, but I was relieved nobody bought the item until it was fixed. I wouldn't have wanted the ordeal. Sometimes a company can have workers not paying attention or not caring. I am glad that somebody did put a 1 star rating on it to alert others.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 11:31:00 AM PDT
Marv Conn says:
That just seems very odd. Last time I had an issue with a vendor, Amazon informed me that if the item had not shipped by a specific date, I would be given a refund. On that date, I was given a refund without ever having to contact Amazon or the vendor. I was very happy with that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 11:31:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2009 11:50:07 AM PDT
Did you really read what the complaint is? An item described as being a gallon of a product, with a picture of the gallon of product, and upon purchasing said gallon, shipped a 24oz spray bottle, which was not mentioned in the item details, description, picture, etc.
When the issue has been raised with the company, and they continue to sell the product this way after more than a month, I think it is intentional. Especially when I see there are negative reviews complaining of the same problem. I saw some reviews complaining of different items being described as larger or more quantity than received. I would say maybe there was a mistake on one listing, but 4 or more, I smell a scam.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 12:19:56 PM PDT
tree hugger says:

>> Marcus, I agree, but when they have been alerted to the misrepresentation almost a month ago, there isw no excuse.

I just looked at the product listing, it appears that the product is available from two sellers. However, after looking at the list of sellers, I saw that Petco is listed twice: once at $8.99 and once at $25.99. Based on my experience with Amazon, this likely indicates that two individual product pages (i.e. individual ASIN's) had been combined into one listing.

Did you notice the two different prices for the same product when you placed your order?

>> Read their reviews. There have been others who purchased this prodcut and were surprised when all they got was a lousy little spray bottle. Look at all the 1 star reviews, they are apparrently switching dog beds, bones, etc. So it is not just one item.

I'm still not convinced that Petco is actively attempting to scam buyers. They obviously need an improved understanding of how to manage their products available on Amazon - as evidenced by their offering the same product at two different prices.

Since other buyers of the $8.99 product have received the smaller bottle, this seems to indicate that Petco is consistent in how it fills orders for this particular Nature's Miracle product.

I do see that they have some other negative reviews for mistakes that they made filling other orders. However, again, I do not see any indication that they are trying to "scam" buyers. In the real world, stuff happens... and orders get screwed up. When McDonald's forgets to put the fries in your drive-thru order, you don't immediately assume that they're trying to scam you out of $1, right?.

>> See for yourself, I already emailed yesterday letting them know they in fact had not corrected their listing as they claimed in their only correspondence to me. I am going to see if they are selling the other nature's miracle product in the same fashion.

Perhaps they recently created a new listing for the gallon product, at the $25.99 price, and they thought they were done.

>> Please, try to rationally justify their actions, I really would like to hear this one...

It's not my intent to justify their actions. There's a difference between being incompetent and being deceitful. I will email them to let them know about their multiple listings for the same product and see if that helps.

Out of curiosity, are you aware that $8.99 is significantly less that they current market price (~$25) for the one-gallon size of this product?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 12:38:27 PM PDT
wolfman says: "Markus, I wonder if you ever used Amazon pre 2003 you would know the the difference for the better. Guy's like you just sit back and do nothing to improve Amazon. You just give customers lame advise."

Wolfman, I think you have mistaken me for somebody else. Regardless, your weak personal attacks don't faze me. If you continue to post contradicting information, I will continue to expose it. Stick to facts and we'll be fine. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 1:51:15 PM PDT
wolfman says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 3:53:06 PM PDT
wolfman says:
I keep telling this Markus idiot that things are a lot better with Amazon then they were (4) years ago when you were totally on your own with the vendors. Now at least you have some recourse.

Posted on May 28, 2009 6:16:14 PM PDT
B. Kaufman says:
If you do not like buying from Amazon, just do not BUY from Amazon. Problem solved, right?

Now, go home.

Posted on May 28, 2009 8:50:31 PM PDT
Wolfie,

I'd prefer to ignore you, since you don't make any sense. However, for the record...

- I never claimed to know the start date of the A-to-Z program; I don't care to research to uncover that useless bit of trivia.
- I never claimed that Amazon was better before the A-to-Z program. In fact, quite the opposite. Only 9 days ago, I posted messages in defense of the A-to-Z program. Look at the messages above and you'll see.
- Your messages have repeatedly bashed Amazon and their Marketplace Sellers... as well as the processes the Amazon uses to resolve conflict. It seemed like your intent has been to "scare away" potential Marketplace customers.

Wolfie, we agree on your latest "point": Amazon's A-to-Z program *is* an improvement. Apparently, you think that I disagree with you; this is probably due to your poor reading comprehension skills rather than any specific statements that I have made. Accordingly, I know realize that your poor writing/grammar skills *may* have lead me to believe that you've been making conflicting statements. If that's the case, I apologize... and I also encourage you to have somebody help you write further posts here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2009 6:36:29 PM PDT
Marcus, the product's price really varies- I've seen it for 14.99, 18.99, and I just figured Petco, being a major retailer, was able to buy large quantities at volume discount and pass on the savings.
The vendor's actions have spoken louder than words- they do not acknowledge correspondence, and continue to keep listings as is.

Posted on Jun 2, 2009 7:14:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2009 12:02:53 AM PDT
wolfman says:
Wolfie says

Marcus Dantinnen, I wish you would not agree with me on anything as you some how think you are so superior to eveyone else. I worked with morons like you before always trying to prove how smart you were'nt at the expense of someone else and what the hell did you have to do with Amazons A to Z program and it's useless bits trivia. I know your egotism won't forget to get the last word in. I am waiting.------------The Wolfman----------

Posted on Jun 8, 2009 4:10:51 PM PDT
Gita says:
I have had 2 shoddy experiences with Marketplace vendors lately that have made me wonder if customer service is a thing of the past. With one vendor, Trainz.com, I specifically emailed before ordering to clarify if I should believe the image posted or the item description. I was told the item description was correct, so I went ahead and ordered. I then received the item that was in the picture (different than on my Amazon order and contrary to what the customer service rep. said). It is a much cheaper item than the one I was told I'd receive. I don't want or need it and don't think I should have to pay return shipping for their mistake. One email and two phone messages later (phone goes straight to voice mail) I have received NO response from the seller.

In the other case, I ordered a pair of Heelys from Shoes.com. The day after ordering, I was told my order was canceled due to lack of inventory. I did talk to someone at the store last week (a week later) and again today about where my refund is. They claimed they had sent the refund to Amazon - Amazon denies this. They have not given me a reference number or returned my calls when they said they would. Amazon says I have to wait until 3 days after the order date to file an A to Z complaint (Why? The order is not coming - it has been canceled!) and then wait another 1 to 2 weeks to get my refund. So, no money and no shoes for the time being.

I am very upset at the pathetic customer service exhibited both from Amazon and from the 2 vendors in this situation. I left 1's for feedback, my first time ever doing that, but I'm still left without the items I ordered and without compensation for them.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (344 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  134
Total posts:  432
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2008
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions