Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Favorite Transformers character

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2008 4:34:32 PM PDT
Jason says:
For all Transformers fans out there!

Who is the character that you like the most and why?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2008 1:58:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2008 1:59:31 PM PDT
Shockwave. He was interesting, he should have led the Decepticons.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2008 11:07:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2008 11:07:42 PM PDT
M. Ward says:
I remember having a Grimlock as a kid that I thought was the coolest. Now, I really like the Ultimate Bumblebee just for the details they put into it.....I know you're asking about characters and not toys, but I can't really say I know the characters well enough to make that judgment. Bumblebee was pretty important in the 2007 movie; I think I liked Grimlock the most from the old cartoon because of the way he talked.

I think Shockwave is a great example of how different the culture is now compared to 20 years ago, since I doubt they would make a Transformer now that actually turned into a gun....

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 11:50:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2011 11:51:45 AM PDT
J. L. says:
Well, I would say Brawl, Blitzwing and Soundwave (I love treaded toys).
Optimus and Megatron are, however in a different level of appreciation.

Anyway, I remember loving the toys a LOT more than the cartoon. Their spec charts in the boxes were fascinating and I used to imagine a lot of stuff with them. I still think these toys work best without a cartoon companion.

And don't even get me started with the Michael Bay films...

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 8:29:55 PM PDT
Cheetor! FTW!

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 10:07:17 AM PDT
bordersj2 says:
Soundwave. Followed closely by Optimus Prime. :) I loved Soundwave because of the tape cassette deck that could actually hold a cassette of Rumble, Frenzy, etc. etc. Likewise, Optimus was cool because of the trailer. Ultra Magnus too, because a lot of cars could fit in the trailer though in terms of scale, he was huge! I also liked the old Devastator.

Megtron was one I didn't like too much as a kid because he seemed too much like a gun & away from the cartoon character. But as an adult, I have an 'in the box' one that I think is fantastic now.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 9:12:46 AM PDT
Lili T says:
My favorite was Starscream, if I say is name correctly?lol:) I think now when I look at the classic Transformers the Decepticon are more interesting then the Autobot coz they can fly and have more personallity details about them. I like Soudwave too, with his dog, bird and others things...I thought it was cool. As a young kid the Decepticon scare me, I even had nightmare about them but now I think their funny!lol:)

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 11:57:13 AM PDT
Jason says:
I always like Optimus Prime especially the classic one.

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 12:58:22 PM PDT
sentient 6 says:
Shockwave. It's good to see that I'm not always the one with a minority opinion... I guess I'm just with the majority when it doesn't matter at all. Crap. Soundwave was my second choice, too -- but that's a little unfair since he sort-of comes with four other characters (or two and their clones).

Just so I don't loose my reputation for being disagreeable, though... my top 5 would have included Rodimus Prime and Skyfire/Jetfire/Veritech/Valkyrie/VF-1S -- and with no (additional) disrespect to the live action films, I'm talking about the Fire in the Sky version, not the Cranky Kong version from RotF. But I like Insecticons, so what do I know. :)

Hey, at least I didn't say Fortress Maximus or Omega Supreme, after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2011 11:25:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 3, 2011 6:15:12 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 12:02:39 AM PDT
I would have to say Starscream followed by of course Soundwave by the way that Soundwave mp3 player is sweet!

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 3:25:03 PM PDT
Hota-chan says:
If you're asking for character, I like the original Ratchet the most. He was the medic and lead a nice supporting role for the Autobots and I liked that. Please, I don't care for these Michael Bay movie ones where he's a Hummer.

As far as toys though, I have others in mind. All the original toys in the 80s... not these new generation ones (ugh) but I liked Shockwave/Soundwave and Perceptor. I've always wanted Boom-boxes and the thought of a microscope as a gift is way neat. Unfortunately, my mom *never* gets me Transformers, complaining that it is abnormal for a girl to obsess with any toy that isn't Barbie (which is the number one toy I cannot stand and I do play with dolls on the rare occasion).

The only three Transformers I end up getting were Joyride, Bugly, and Ultra Magnus. They were not on my wishlist but they were nevertheless good toys I've always played with. All of these were purchased from family friends... which was terrible because I don't understand why strangers would understand what I want over my parents.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 6:32:26 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 3:03:02 PM PDT
O. L. Haynes says:
I like Optimus Prime

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2011 3:44:57 PM PDT
sentient 6 says:
Hey, Ultra Magnus isn't a bad one to have at all! :)

Parents are like that the world over. They have too much of an idea of how you need to somehow grow into some warped better version of who they are that they can't see you for who you are.

You're lucky to have other family who pay attention. Hopefully that carries over beyond just what toys you get. That support group will really be important for you.

They still market toys on Amazon as for "girls" and for "boys," and it's so stupid. It's not like there aren't other girls who play with Hot Wheels. That's the kind of stuff that lets parents hang onto their generations prejudiced gender roles.

Don't let anyone tell you who to be, Hota-chan. Keep writing your own story.

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 4:26:08 PM PDT
Amy E. Allen says:
Optimus prime all the way! While he looked cool and all, his mannerisms and his voice are what really made him my favorite. Thankfully my parents didn't stress too much about a girl playing with Transformers when I was a kid. It's actually something I have in common with my husband and little boy LOL!

Posted on May 2, 2011 12:49:24 PM PDT
Ewok says:
The original VW version of Bumblebee. I grew to appreciate how he never gave up, never let people keep him down (he was always thought to be "to small") and no matter what happened to him, he got up and continued to fight. It's a lesson all kids should learn. Can't stand the Camaro version, they lost the very essense of what made Bumblebee so special. I actually have a tattoo of VW Bumblebee on my thigh, the lil-formers version of him.

Posted on May 4, 2011 9:40:46 PM PDT
Viktor Blood says:
Optimus and Jazz for the Autobots, Megatron and Starscream for the Decepticons.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2011 10:45:23 AM PDT
sentient 6 says:
I guess that's a better way to display pride than a rainbow or a pink triangle. Maybe you should run that idea by PFLAG or something. ;)

Posted on May 5, 2011 9:19:27 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Jetfire, even though he is just a Veritech Fighter from Robotech: Macross.

Oh, and if you've watched Dr. Smoov's Resurrection of Optimus Prime on YouTube, my other favorite Transformer: Sh ! t Piece

Posted on May 6, 2011 11:27:19 AM PDT
Optimus Prime was the definition of hero. But if i had to pick someone other than prime, i'd say Grimlock (the t-rex Grimlock, not that pitiful backhoe from R.I.D.). But from Beast Wars, i'd go with Dinobot. first of all, he turns into a velociraptor, second, he's pretty much like a samurai with his sense of honor, and most importantly, he saved the human race from megatron, even though it cost him his life, he took on all the predacons, by himself! he may be a former pred, but he died a hero. as far as female transformers go, it's Blackarachnia, hands down. talk about beautiful, but deadly. if there were human versions of the beast wars cast like there were human versions of the tfa autobots, she'd probably be a punk-rock-goth chick. Silverbolt, you're one lucky bird dog! As far as the transformers from my "generations" collection goes, my favorite is Autobot Drift, he's like a ninja for crying out loud!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2011 11:32:13 AM PDT
Heck, when I was a kid, Optimus Prime was my hero. He's the greatest hero of the 80's. Greater than lion-o, he-man, g.i. joe, and mr. t combined!

Posted on May 7, 2011 11:23:34 AM PDT
Jazz the Porsche was the best! That was my very first Transformer! My granddad got it for me when I was like 5 or 6. It was the coolest, because it was when they were still metal and plastic instead of the knockoffs you get today. I don't think Jazz is still a Porsche either. Kind of sad to see some 27 years later how much things have changed for kids. I still have him in a box with all my other 1980's transformers. Hopefully I'll have a son one day who will appreciate the fine craftsmanship of the 1980's.

Posted on May 11, 2011 7:24:44 PM PDT
Natacon says:
I'm always gonna go with Starscream. I know I'm a bit young to have really been alive during the "peak" of the original Transformers, but I grew up with many re-runs as well as a ton of cousins who were into TFs. I remember getting my Starscream as a hand-me-down and loving it for years. Still have it somewhere. Just something about Starscream made me go "I like that guy!" Must have been something to do with him being a jet when I was so young. :P

Posted on May 17, 2011 2:16:46 PM PDT
T. Schutzer says:
I was never into the cartoons, but I did own a couple of the toys. And Jetfire was my favorite, mostly because he looked just like the jet-robots from Robotech (my all-time favorite cartoon).
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (350 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions