Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Sellers who cancel orders - unable to leave feedback for them

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 102 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 1:26:58 AM PST
Lance Carr says:
bryanholmberg - Unreliable seller - do not use him - bryanholmberg cancelled order, so buyer is unable to leave feedback directly to him. Shame on you bryan holmberg.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 8:40:18 AM PST
Stuff happens. Sorry you're so angry, but the fact of the matter is... the world doesn't revolve around you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 9:51:49 AM PST
Gigerina says:
I had a seller cancel my order 3 days after it was placed; then the same seller relisted the same item at a higher price. I was able to leave feedback despite the fact that the order was canceled. Try going to Your Account > Orders > Leave Seller Feedback. It's frustrating and other potential buyers should be aware that it occurred.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 11:26:16 AM PST
bordersj2 says:
Maybe they sold out. Sometimes it happens that there could be al ag when the order is placed or people pick up the same thing at the same time and go to checkout. I can definitely see that happening - tons of people use the site. The only time it could be a problem is if it is cancelled (your order) then immediately re-listed at a higher price by the same exact seller. In which case you can probably complain directly to Amazon about it. Otherwise, if a few days passed like Gigerina said, the burden lies in proving that the seller deliberately misled the customer, and didn't just get a new stock of whatever item 'could' have been sold out a few days before - which is something that can happen in actual stores too.

Without a rain-check system, you do admittedly run that risk.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 11:41:18 AM PST
Posters who spam Amazon message boards with complaints about a single canceled order - unable to leave feedback for *them* either.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 12:03:57 PM PST
bordersj2 says:
I think you just did, Markus.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 1:45:14 PM PDT
Jakub Husi says:
HAH. that's greats stuff right there.

Posted on May 9, 2012 5:39:01 AM PDT
APC 10x4.7SFP Slow Flyer Counter Rotating Pair Electric RC Airplane + Heli Composite Propellers
Seller lies that his stock is broke and cancel's orders, real truth is seller does not want to honor the lower price he has listed on Amazon, charged me $3.25each.
Amazon won't let me ad feedback, "Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines: Don't worry Amazon, you just lost me from ever buying again

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 1:15:45 PM PDT
DisplacedMic says:
Ok, i'll bite. out of curiosity, how do you know he is lying about his "broke" stock?

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 3:08:35 PM PDT
shiloh sales says:
You got a message from Amazon saying "Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form" It sounds like the review contained something that is against Amazon guidelines and needed to be edited before it could be posted. I tried to send a review once and got the same message, after I edited the review, it was accepted and posted.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 3:24:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2012 3:29:42 PM PDT
A no-brainer, he changed price to $9.95, so he has stock, but chose to lie about it instead of saying, "I made a mistake", I have no problem, I'll never order from this "clown" again and maybe not even Amazon as I don't have a refund yet, who lose's, not me !!
Amazon should have throw this guy off because it gives them a bad name to let people like this sell here, I better get a refund soon or I see a law-suit coming, yes I am just a little pissed !

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 8:08:22 AM PDT
DisplacedMic says:
Are you sure it's the same seller? The way Amazon works is they show you the cheapest item first - when they guy runs out, it just goes to the next highest price. For example, right now it's 9.59.

Are you trying to review the item or review the seller?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 9:19:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 9:21:00 AM PDT
So there is going to be a "law-suit" [sic] over three dollars?

Also, yes, Amazon definitely loses. That three dollars is what will save them from financial ruin.

Posted on May 10, 2012 11:21:03 AM PDT
Yea, I see your point here. The seller emailed me and said if he stocks item again I'll get the same price, I'm not holding my breath on this.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 1:11:45 PM PDT
shiloh sales says:
Keith, now that you have it in writing that he will honor the price, keep an eye on the listings to see if he gets it back in stock. Amazon keeps emails between buyer and seller for a year to help solve disputes. If a seller promises you something and does not come through with what he says, Amazon would not be happy with that seller. Keep your original order number for the original sale that was canceled.

Posted on May 10, 2012 3:01:28 PM PDT
this has happened to me many times. Id get teh excuse stock was sold out or wrong item. We really had this item. And than a week later you would see it back up at a higher price. this happens a lot if the forgot about the item and realize its selling for more than they sold it at.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 6:29:12 PM PDT
Thanks, I'll keep all paper work, but again I won't hold my breath, the seller also must read these posts so I'll just have to be "cool", I still am a little "heated".

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:12:03 AM PDT
DisplacedMic says:
once again - i think some of you aren't quite understanding how Amazon works.
If three of us are selling an item 3rd party and someone searches for that item, Amazon simply lists whichever one of us who has the item set at the lowest price as the primary search return. To find the other two, you would need to click on "More buying choices"

If I am selling them item for 20 and someone else is selling it for 10 and 28 respectively, my item won't be seen by people searching for the item until the guy selling it for 10 sells out or otherwise removes the item. Likewise for the guy selling for 28.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:38:45 AM PDT
I understand all that, I have ordered elsewhere, no problems that way and I stick to the "HONEST" sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 9:56:56 AM PDT
Because if you're out of stock, that's sooo dishonest.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:07:42 AM PDT
It was'nt an "out-of-stock", seller said item was broke and he could'nt get anymore, guess it helps to read all the thread, lol !

Posted on May 11, 2012 10:08:59 AM PDT
Well, does'nt matter anyways as I ordered elsewhere, off of Amazon of course, so CASE-CLOSED .

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:42:11 AM PDT
So the same thing applies...a seller is so totally and completely "dishonest" when he reports that an item is broken?

Gee, one would think that the seller would be dishonest selling you something that was broken.

Guess that's part of that new-fangled definition of honesty.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:56:59 AM PDT
whatever guy, I see you just want to "start" something and I see your a "seller" here, so that explains everything, you should learn to read this thread, it was about a seller saying one thing and re-listing at a higher price. The dishonest part is lieing about it, guess you don't get-it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:20:06 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (334 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Vendors Rip Off Amazon Customers 399 10 days ago
Amazon - Third party sellers are killing the deals! 829 11 days ago
Toy with Battlestar Galactica Complete Series 0 14 days ago
Sellers who cancel orders - unable to leave feedback for them 101 17 days ago
Thomas train plastic & wooden track compatible? 21 22 days ago
how to sell porcelain doll collection 3 24 days ago
Fraudulent Sellers on Amazon/Ebay - Buyers Beware !! 457 Jul 1, 2014
Why toys retard child development 0 Jun 24, 2014
need help understanding amazon better 0 Jun 23, 2014
70's toy set ? 21 Jun 16, 2014
Does it matter to you whether a toy or game is made in the USA? 594 Jun 11, 2014
I ordered a book 2 months ago and I didn't receive my order. They said that the item has left the US 2 days after I placed my order but I still haven't got it. 3 Jun 10, 2014

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  102
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  17 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions