Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Fraudulent Sellers on Amazon/Ebay - Buyers Beware !!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 478 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2008 1:01:45 AM PDT
This is an undectable Fraudulent scheme that will suprise you and most of all - You will be very angry from being cheated!!

I have come across a few(LOT's) of sellers on Amazon/Ebay that are already on a "Blacklist" - this is a list of online web sites/Ebay ID's/Amazon Seller ID's/Stores that are being banned from customers that have come across BAD online shopping experiences.

The Fraudulent scheme is very deceitful when the customer makes a purchase online for "In-Stock" items --> Check-Out --> Confirmation of Items as Shipped . THEN, the unbelievable happens, not within 24hrs notice...customer receives a FULL REFUND stating Items are "Out-of-Stock" !!

This is very misleading when clearly, the Items were shown as"In-Stock"...and were added to Cart!

Not only was that misleading but the next few Days, the same Seller releases the same items again as "In-Stock" at a Higher Price!!! That was freakn B.S.!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 3:40:06 AM PDT
I'm not clear - if they are offering a full refund how is this fraud?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 8:39:19 AM PDT
is it fishing for your personal info? don't they get your info when billing you? what a nightmare...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 1:52:17 PM PDT
Samantha: Yes, it is exactly Phishing for personal information...your personal contact infor, name, location, etc...which I think should be protected. Amazon isn't even Aware of the situation...I have contacted them numerous times...They have NO clue as to What's going on !!!

Go read up on some Seller's Negative FeedBack...You will see for yourselves.

David King: It's not about the Full Refund...you will always be protected by Paypal on the amount up to approx $1500(USD)
It's about being cheated for something you wanted to purchase but never received, the deception and being mislead to "NO-stock" available but there is actually stock available...they just want to sell it at a higher price.
Go read up on some Seller's Negative FeedBack...You will see for yourselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 2:03:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2008 2:04:31 PM PDT
there are those terrible dark individuals that prey on the good people that shop Amazon and Ebay.....they just want the easy life and kick back and rake in the money off the backs of hard working people, really sad... but there is such a thing as KARMA, don't let the bus hit yah!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 3:39:42 PM PDT
Quote from a Buyer: (Negative Feedback against a certain Seller)

1 out of 5: "Seller canceled my order two weeks after I ordered the product without any explanation sent by email or anything. I would have been fine with it if it was an item listed by mistake or if it was already sold, but was very upset that I did not get an explanation and now all other seller are selling the product for much more money."
Date: 9/12/2008 Rated by Buyer: iretta

As you can see, I already suspect "Fraudulent Activity" is happeneing on Amazon. BUT, for how long has this been happening??? Will it continue to Happen???

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 3:45:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 31, 2008 4:52:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 3:48:06 PM PDT

1 out of 5: "This seller is horrible!!!I wish I read the reviews BEFORE ordering because apparently I am not the only one that had their order canceled without their knowledge or consent!! I tried several times to contact the seller but they never responded. DO NOT GO THROUGH this seller unless you have a high tolerance for people that have no customer service skills."
Date: 9/6/2008 Rated by Buyer: Hannah

Hmmmm, What did this customer teach us??? How long has this been going on??? Will it continue to happen???

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 3:53:09 PM PDT

2 out of 5: "I told them that they sent the wrong item. I asked to take back the incorrect item and send the correct one but they only offered to give me 1/2 off on an item I did not order or want. I took the partial refund because I did not want a big fight. I gave them a 2 stars instead of 1 star because they gave me the partial refund. I will not order from this vendor again."
Date: 9/3/2008 Rated by Buyer: Steven M.

1 out of 5: "worst seller on Amazon.com. i ordered 3 items from the seller to save on shipping but the seller couldn't deliver, instead the seller refunded me money for 2 of the items and never mailed me to verify it (if i wanted to cancel the order or not, or for the simple fact that the seller refunded my money). but as i stand now the seller still owes me 1 item but has not delivered. WORST SELLER ON AMAZON"
Date: 9/3/2008 Rated by Buyer: kingdevilhunter

These are quotes from 2 buyer's feedback on the same page...Don't you think it's time to put an end to these fraudulent activities.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 6:02:21 PM PDT
I totally agree with you Col. Doomsday. I always check past reviews of 3rd party sellers before I buy from them. If there's more than three one star reviews and especially if the negative reviews are basically the same (i.e. they all say 'seller didn't send item; or item wasn't the same as shown) I'd look elsewhere. I'm a seller on Amazon with a very high rating--it is NOT at all hard to have a perfect or near perfect rating as long as you're honest about what you're selling and willing to apologize and offer a refund an item gets lost in the mail or two different people order a product you only have one of at the exact same time (yes, it does happen but it's extremely rare--I'd be wary if a seller says it 'happens all the time' because that smells like phishing to me.)

If you don't receive the item, or the item is broken or not what you ordered, e-mail the seller directly. If they don't respond, or respond with a bad attitude, then e-mail or call Amazon and report the seller.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 8:48:10 PM PDT
Danielle:

I think there is more happening than just making a false sale...It's called phishing for personal information to obtain false credit cards...and any other means of trying to fraud the system of personal Identifcations.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 11:32:44 PM PDT
J. Seeliger says:
'I have come across a few(LOT's) of sellers on Amazon/Ebay that are already on a "Blacklist" - this is a list of online web sites/Ebay ID's/Amazon Seller ID's/Stores that are being banned from customers that have come across BAD online shopping experiences.'

I'm unclear on this. Is this your own personal blacklist or is this on some publically available website?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 11:42:21 PM PDT
The Blacklist is everywhere on most forums...here is one (I have my own blacklist as well)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=172

The most Fraudulent one connected to Amazon is here...
http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21199&hl=tisinc99

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 11:07:16 AM PDT
I don't shop on eBay very much, so I won't comment about that marketplace. However, Amazon has high standards for it's Marketplace Sellers. In fact, Amazon has dozens of metrics that they use to evaluate Marketplace Seller performance, including: Pre-fulfillment Cancel Rate, Late Shipment Rate, Refund Rate, Order Defect Rate, Negative Feedback Rate, Filed A-to-z Claim Rate, Service Chargeback Rate.

Amazon handles the payment side of the transaction, so the Marketplace Sellers do not get your credit card information... only the shipping address.

Bottom line -- stick to established Amazon Marketplace sellers and you'll avoid many probelms. Of course, but be sure to check the seller feedback.

The "black lists" mentioned in the links below refer to eBay transactions on other person-to-person transactions made by members in an enthusiast forum. They contain important and helpful information, but I don't think there's any need to run to Amazon's forums claiming that the sky is falling!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 12:38:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2008 12:44:43 PM PDT
Mingus says:
There may be yet another explanation for this practice. There are lots of scams, one of which is drop-shipping.
A guy advertises an item on Amazon. You buy it. He receives your payment and then orders the item from another company and has it shipped directly to you with a gift receipt. This has been happening on eBay for years. That is just one reason you would see high shipping costs on eBay.
I was just looking at a Big Wheel tricycle listed on Amazon for $125 plus shipping! Target sells the same thing for $35 and KMart sells it for $30.
Or how about this one: A seller creats a page on Amazon for a product that he knows Amazon also sells. You buy the item from him, say for $5 plus $5 shipping=$10 total. Amazon is selling the thing for $5 as well, but maybe their page didn't come up under your search conditions. He is a Prime member so he gets free shipping. Amazon charges sellers a percentage when they sell something, but they also reimburse them a percentage for shipping costs (he has no actual shipping costs but will be credited the set percentage anyway). So, it pretty well evens out--basically, it has cost this guy $5 and he has collected $10.
In a couple of days, you receive your package from Amazon. Most people won't think anything of the fact that the box says "Amazon" all over it even though they actually bought the item from "Joe Blow Toy Co." After all, they did purchase the item on the Amazon website.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 3:11:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:46 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 4:54:50 PM PDT
Trevor: Please read the original post again...carefully!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 7:06:45 PM PDT
Swampy says:
Tried to order a Batman Backpack for my son for $ 20 from another seller on Amazon. Noticed shipping was $ 104 but didn't believe that Amazon would allow this kind of ebayesque behavior. Sure enough it came up at check out twice, so I cancelled both times. When I went back to the original page, the cost of shipping had been removed! What's that all about? Sorry Col. Doomsday, not the same thing you're talking about - just didn't know where to post this! I'm shocked - maybe it was coming from Taiwan or something ..... surprised!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 7:06:47 PM PDT
Swampy says:
Tried to order a Batman Backpack for my son for $ 20 from another seller on Amazon. Noticed shipping was $ 104 but didn't believe that Amazon would allow this kind of ebayesque behavior. Sure enough it came up at check out twice, so I cancelled both times. When I went back to the original page, the cost of shipping had been removed! What's that all about? Sorry Col. Doomsday, not the same thing you're talking about - just didn't know where to post this! I'm shocked - maybe it was coming from Taiwan or something ..... surprised!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 7:40:47 PM PDT
Swampy: No problem, no harm done in posting, you did very well by letting us know about this type of fraudulent mishaps that are beggining to clone itself to every other seller on Amazon.
I have completely banned Amazon Sellers...if the price is too good to be true, It's a Scam! (Believe me, I've been there)

My advice is buy it at ToysRUs or Walmart...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 7:43:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 8:06:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 31, 2008 4:53:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 8:12:06 PM PDT
Trevor: If you read my post carefully,..."This is an undectable Fraudulent scheme that will suprise you and most of all - You will be very angry from being cheated!!"
That was the first line of my posted quoted.

Are there any items you are interested in here at Amazon, I'd say go buy it and see if you will get your items at the price you wanted to pay. try your luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2008 8:17:06 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 7:58:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2008 8:39:21 AM PDT
Trevor: Please read carefully the definition of "Fraud"...here's the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (336 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  130
Total posts:  478
Initial post:  Oct 5, 2008
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions