Customer Discussions > Toys forum

What to get 13 year old boy for Christmas?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2008 3:59:45 PM PST
Tyler Pope says:
He is into his scooter alot ... but he already has the best bearings. Umm he is on the computer all of the time I'm just really not sure what to get him. Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2008 5:34:01 PM PST
KrystalClear says:
I have a 13 year old boy who is very happy with his wii. Just got him a mario cart wii game with racing wheel (about $50) for his bday. Also got him a wii fit with board (about $100-$130) for Christmas. Last year, he got a book "Dangerous Book for Boys" (about $17 amazon) which he enjoyed a lot. If the 13 year old boy likes Science, a mag subscription to "Popular Science" or "National Geographic" for kids is another idea. There's also "Boy's Life" and some gaming mags that are always appreciated. You can also consider getting music books (e.g. guitar or piano songbooks) if he is into music. I know that my son is saving money for his dream guitar. My son usually receives gift cards for his bday and christmas holidays -- kids always know what to do with those :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2008 12:50:31 AM PST
Ashley Roehl says:
I have a 14 year old and we don't buy video games so our list becomes a bit smaller! However here are some items we have gotten him in the past that he loved: digital camera, iPod, metal bank, and an iHome. Movies and other videos are always a hit. If he's into sports there is a Sports Illustrated for kids. This year we are getting him a large bean bag chair for the basement where he and his buddies hang out. Try www.beanbagchairstore.com. Also, "The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens", laser tag gift card from our local place, fleece/flannel lined jeans (he's gotten and asked for a pair every year) from LL Bean, and pre-paid movie tickets. Hope this helps and have a great Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2008 5:06:43 AM PST
maggie says:
wow, great ideas on the other two posts. I would agree with both of them having had two very different sons now both well past those ages. I would add the psp hand held gaming device as another hot item( though pricey but the advantage is every holiday you can add a game, eliminates guess work), A bucket of the microwave popcorn filled with goodies and dvd's and gift cards is another good one. Believe it or not models and jigsaw puzzles are still a hit. especially those este rocket kits (another thing one can build on), stunt kites are always a hit as well. Have fun shopping and merry christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 5:42:56 AM PST
A. Austin says:
Well, if he's into video games... check out what's the latest and greatest. If you go into a game store and ask "Hey, what's your recommendation for a PC game for a 13 year old?" They'll probably be more than willing to answer you that.

At 21, I'm still way into Legos...but I'm not sure if kids these days know what Legos are anymore.

You could also have him write down a list of 10-20 items he'd like for X-mas... each item being within a certain price range. Of course, he won't know how much each thing costs. Have him list his top 5 first, regardless of price, then the rest between a $0 - $50 or however much you're willing to spend on each thing. It'll be his judgement I guess, on price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (344 discussions)

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions