Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

TV Mini Series you wish were on DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2009 8:12:40 PM PDT
Red Owl says:
I have been looking for DVDs of favourite TV Mini Series on DVD.
The first that comes to mind is EVERGREEN with Lesley Ann Warren.
I have a DVD copy of this mini-series but it is not a very good copy.
Other titles come to mind - JENNIE: Lady Randolph Churchill starring Lee Remick; MOTHERLOVE, starring Diana Rigg; and A WOMAN NAMED JACKIE, starring Roma Downey. I have a copy of this from ioffer but it is of very poor quality. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 8:27:34 PM PDT
Red Owl says:
Does anyone else other than I want to see TV Mini Series that are not shown today?
I mentioned EVERGREEN with Lesley Ann Warren, JENNIE: Lady Randolph Churchill with Lee Remick and A WOMAN NAMED JACKIE with Roma Downey - No takers?
What about the TV Series Specials of THE WALTONS that are not available on DVD?

Posted on Jun 18, 2009 7:50:35 AM PDT
perfect hair forever needs to come out on dvd

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 5:30:51 AM PDT
P. MARTIN says:
A.D. Anno Domini , just great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 5:31:29 AM PDT
P. MARTIN says:
A.D. Anno Domini , just great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 6:32:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2009 6:33:53 AM PDT
These need a commercial distribution:

Return to Eden
Sins (with Joan Collins)
Chiefs
Rich Man, Poor Man

Also some TV movies like:
The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Crowhaven Farm

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:37:10 PM PST
BookWorm says:
EVERGREEN.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:11:31 PM PST
A miniseries titled "Celebrity"(1984)....about three friends who hide a terrible secret that comes back to haunt them 25 years later as successful adults, I was 15 when my parents recorded it on VHS in its repeat in 1986, my mom recently gave me the videotape, & I watched for the first time since, It is just as good now as it was in the 80's & the tape to my surprise survived 26 years & still was watchable.....this needs a DVD release.

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 7:51:02 PM PST
I didn't have the opportunity to watch the t.v. mini series Evergreen, but I did read the novel. I honestly can say it was one the best novels I have ever read. Sometimes I would read until 2:a.m. in the morning, and could not put it down. So, if the series is not available on d.v.d read the book.

Posted on Dec 12, 2013 9:20:03 PM PST
Red Owl says:
Hello Marie!

I now have a DVD copy of EVERGREEN.
I can't remember from where I obtained it.
It must have been through ioffer.

It is a marvellous adaptation of the Book.
Currently, it is selling on Amazon for $500.00 !!!!!
Do what I did and just keep searching on Google.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 6:22:50 AM PST
I'd like to see MONEYCHANGERS on DVD. I have this on a DVD I bought from ioffer but its in terrible shape, I have to switch my screen to "Mill Creek Mode" to watch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 8:18:11 AM PST
Red Owl...YouR alive!~!~!...At least I assume youR alive---You could be a zombie* by now-

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 2:40:49 PM PST
Red Owl says:
Hello Bittersweet!

Yes, I am alive.
Whether or not I am a Zombie is still up for debate!

RedOwl

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2013 3:19:27 PM PST
Aw...Its nice* to see some familiar `faces` from the past coming back to the TV forum...especially since my Georgios* is gone now- tears*

Posted on Dec 19, 2013 6:07:38 AM PST
The Dark Secret Of Harvest Home

I'd rather see a blu-ray or, better yet, a blu-ray/DVD combo of it (or anything for that matter), because DVDs are more versatile as far as devices to play them but blu-rays are more durable so a combo is the best of both worlds.

Posted on Dec 20, 2013 11:51:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2013 1:13:06 PM PST
Alan says:
- All The Rivers Run (the full 5 part version),

- Goliath Awaits (the full 2 part version).

I agree with the above blu-ray comment, and add:
If you're paying attention and reading what's coming out of the business world / marketing sites, the week of black friday sales were between 115 to 120 million dollars in revenue - the highest on record for the disc media (even over DVD).
The viewpoint regarding blu-ray was once negative by the movie and tv companies as they are giving you a very high end product / reproduction of possible masters.
Now, as DVD sales are going way, way down, the companies are re-thinking this subject, and 2014 may be the year we see a blu-ray issued but not a DVD.
Even more consideration is looking at the DVD-R (made-on-demand) market, thinking you'll pay more to get programs you want.
The blu-ray on-demand market is also getting looked at - to charge you even more for what you want on disc.
It would be great for all of us if no one would buy into the made-on-demand market, but I think we all know that many people only think of themself, so a boycott or any movement to prevent purchases of cheap media like the DVD-R disc will never happen, but may be our future.

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 8:34:02 PM PDT
The Moneychangers is coming to DVD later this year. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions