Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

What TV shows had different opening sequences for every season .

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 8:34:40 AM PST
I can only think of one: Leave it to Beaver. It had a totally different opening sequence for each of it's 6 seasons. 1. Names written in wet cement on sidewalk. 2. Wally/Beaver run downstairs, grab sack lunch and Beaver put on cap. 3. Ward/June wake up the boys in bedroom. 4. Wally/Beaver doing yardwork and June walks out with lemonade. 5. Family going on picnic and Beaver looks out back window of car as it backs up. 6. (I can't remember the 6th one)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:26:08 AM PST
Can it actually be a show from this century??? lol

If Sooo...I would say AMERICAN HORROR STORY! (although only season 2 and i don't remember the opening sequence from season 1) winks*

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:24:12 PM PST
Harry O had three opening sequences over its two seasons. For the first half of the first season (the episodes that co-starred Henry Darrow), the giant 'O' was prominently featured. Midway through the first season, the credits changed dramatically when Anthony Zerbe took over as David Janssen's co-star...not that much use of the 'O', plus scenes with the guest stars were shown along with their names (unlike the Darrow episodes, which only had the guests' names). There was also a retooled version of the theme music.

Season two...theme music revamped again, plus the visual now has the title 'Harry O' plastered all over the screen like wallpaper. Talk about not letting you forget the show's name...LOL!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:12:11 AM PST
Scott says:
Cosby Show. Each season had different visuals and theme music.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:50:56 AM PST
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Simpsons. In each opening Bart writes something different on the Chalkboard, and something always happens when they gather on the couch to watch TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:36:03 AM PST
'Bob's Burgers' is doing the same thing - in the opening titles, there's a new business opened next door, then, when their place is invaded by a swarm of critters, an exterminator truck pulls up; both with punny names. There's also plot-related business going on in the end title animation.

'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' had new footage in its opening title montage from season to season - and once, when minor character Jonathan was inexplicably the hero of the show, the titles featured him prominently!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:22:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 12:24:00 PM PST
gambitrmp says:
Tangent topic: I like when shows do a 1 time fluke change like How I Met Your Barney (instead of Mother). My name is Earl did something like that with several cast members in 1 episode. Batman the Brave & the Bold had an episode with an opening that was relabeled Joker: the Vile & the Villainous. It's just something neat to throw an audience off once in a while to change it on just one special occasion for 1 episode.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:27:36 AM PST
Seasons one and two of WALKER, TEXAS RANGER had different opening themes, then during season three the theme became "Eyes of the Ranger" sung by Mr. Norris himself.

EMERGENCY! also had at least three different opening themes during its run on NBC.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions