Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Shazam!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 5:27:48 AM PDT
I received my copy of Shazam! that I ordered from the Warner Archives this week. Although it's a "Manufactured on demand" Product my copy came with "Pressed" Disks as opposed to "Burned" disks.

Everything is intact, from the "Bumpers" they put on before and after the commercial breaks ("We'll be back to Shazam! in a moment/And now, back to Shazam!" to the "Morel" that was shown at the end of the show. Good Job Warner Bros.

I confess that a few years ago I feared this show would never be released. so I took it on myself to get one of those "Unofficial Copies" from ioffer. Yesterday I watched the Garbage Truck cart away those disks, or should I say what's left of them. May they REST IN PIECES!

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 7:47:31 PM PDT
M. Whorton says:
I never watched much Shazam. My favorite superhero cartoon growing up was Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends with Spiderman, Ice Man, and Firestar.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 5:12:22 PM PDT
The 1967 Spiderman was my favorite superhero cartoon. I have it on DVD with over 40 other Saturday Morning TV Series. On Saturday Evenings I re-create my childhood and watch several of them. Right now I'm watching Batman, the Brave and the Bold, next up is Return to the Planet of the Apes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:35:45 PM PDT
Jay #1 says:
I love Spiderman And His Amazing Friends as well. I'm waiting for it to come out on dvd. I have a few episodes on videocassette. The new Spiderman movie that came out this summer will be released on dvd this month. I have it on preorder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:44:27 PM PDT
Jay #1 says:
The 1967 Spiderman was a fav of mine as well from childhood,now as an adult I have the 1967 Spiderman box set collection. It contains all 52 episodes of Spiderman from Saturday mornings from 1967 to 1970. It is on 6 discs. It features all of Spidey's greatest foes...and you get over 1100 minutes of Spiderman. A must have for all Spiderman fans!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 6:47:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:08:17 PM PDT
Jay #1 says:
I heard of Shazam,but I don't know much about it. Care to tell? And did Shaquille O' Neil make a movie called "Shazam" a few years back?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:03:02 PM PDT
SHAZAM was an acronym for Solomon Hercules Atlas Zeus Achilles Mercury, the Mythological Heroes that gave Billy Batson his powers whenever he said the acronym. Doing this turned him into the Superhero Captain Marvel, who would rescue people from harms way and make things righteous. At the end of the Show Captain marvel would give a little morel lesson. A (Sort of) Spinoff Series called SECRETS OF ISIS came out a year after the original series came out. I also have this series on DVD.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 2:06:44 AM PST
M. Whorton says:
There are episodes of Spiderman And His Amazing Friends on Youtube. I have The 3 Spiderman movies with Tobey Maguire on DVD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions