Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

justified........or not?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 847 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 11:49:31 AM PDT
stevign says:
lolol....Yeah, that was another great line. lolol.............

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 12:19:55 PM PDT
That show has all kinds of good lines and it is worth watching a second time, something I never do but this show, I make a habit of it. The characters are all at their peak performance too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 12:40:52 PM PDT
stevign says:
Welcome katrsqr, pull up a stump and tell us where you hail from? Care for a jar of Apple Pie?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:14:22 PM PDT
btd says:
Uh stevign, I think that's apple CIDER. Isn't it? House specialty?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:51:40 PM PDT
cotbqott says:
What Winona did was pretty darned stupid. And she claimed she only wanted to know if it was real? Then she was gonna put it back? Uh-huh.

re: $100 bills

Did you see the preview for the next episode?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:56:54 PM PDT
stevign says:
Hers or mine? Her moonshine concoction (with or without the poison) is called "Apple Pie" because of it's flavor. I like cider but most stores sell apple juice and just call it cider.

"As veteran character actor Margo Martindale, Maggs is perhaps the most malevolent crime-family matriarch to hit the small screen since Livia Soprano. Inspired by real-life "Queen of the Mountain Bootleggers" Maggie Bailey, Maggs makes an immediate first impression by dispatching a potential threat with a lethal brand of apple-pie kindness." ~ Slant Magazine

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:59:56 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "What Winona did was pretty darned stupid"

I agree. And working in the courthouse you would think she would know by now that she couldn't get away with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:05:04 PM PDT
cotbqott says:
L. Greub,

Did you read the article on Walton Goggins' interview? His take on the writers' decision to put Boyd in the mine is very enlightening:

Whatever that means emotionally, he has to go inward and get very quiet, and not even contemplative yet, but we have to go through his stages of grief. And, I think Graham and the writers were thinking along those same lines anyway, and went so far as to put him, not in the bottom of a well, but in the bottom of a ******* mine, a mile underground, in order for him to be in a place on this planet that equaled how he felt emotionally. That was just like, "Wow, he's in the mine. That makes perfect sense. He doesn't have to talk to anybody. It's black all day. And, when he comes out at night, it's dark outside and he can drink." It was really, really cool. So, I did participate, but I'm thankful that Graham and the writers and I were thinking along the same lines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you notice that every time he comes out of the mine, he is covered with dirt and soot *but* his glasses are spotless? A symbolism perhaps of his state-of-mind?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:08:13 PM PDT
cotbqott says:
And right before that, just after Carter Hayes showed his the vest:

Raylan: Ok, ok.

Carter: < gloating > Yeah...

Raylan: < focusing on Carter > Clearly... < switches to Bobby > ... *you* are the smart one here. You do know what to do, son.

< Bobby slowly raises his hands and gets down on the floor >

LOL... that slight pause before he turned to the other guy was priceless!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:10:43 PM PDT
cotbqott says:
I know! I mean, they were from the evidence room! Golly, even if she was desperate to keep her big, fancy house, this move was downright dumb.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:23:38 PM PDT
stevign says:
Not only the Evidence Room but the specially secured area to boot. Not her finest hour.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:44:31 PM PDT
btd says:
My mistake. I thought it was called cider. I missed the reference to apple pie. Thanks for straightening me out.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 2:47:05 PM PDT
stevign says:
Happy to help Dave.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 3:10:18 PM PDT
Lynda says:
I hadn't read that but, it sounds kind of like what I was thinking only much better thought out and articulated.

I have got to get hold of the first season and meet him as was intended. As entertaining and easy to follow as it has been starting cold in the second season, I am sure that that first season would be quite illuminating.

I am going to have to work on his state of mind. So, with the glasses spotless, are you thinking he see's everything clearly but with the rest of him covered in coal dust, no one can clearly see him?

Man, I LOVE this show.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 3:17:12 PM PDT
Lynda says:
The whole scene in the bank was priceless.

Raylan is indeed and without a doubt "The Hillbilly Whisperer." He can read everyone of them like they're in the funny papers.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2011 10:04:20 AM PDT
cotbqott says:
re: "So, with the glasses spotless, are you thinking he see's everything clearly but with the rest of him covered in coal dust, no one can clearly see him?"

I don't know. The sight of Boyd exiting the mine all dirty but for his immaculate glasses just strikes me as overtly incongruous that it made me wonder about his state-of-mind. Maybe it means that he "believes" he sees everything clearly except for his true nature (= dirty/bad). Or maybe that being in a mine, where one can be isolated in the dark, clears his mind and brings his true purpose into sharper focus. < shrugs > Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see, during the course of this season, if his glasses do eventually become dirty or if he loses them altogether.

re: 1st season

I just watched the first 3 episodes last night. It was amazing to see Boyd as he was originally was. His character was more animated - more grand gestures and naked emotions on his face. He also spoke in louder volumes.

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 10:56:56 AM PDT
cotbqott says:
On the first episode of Season 1 (Fire in the Hole), we meet Dewey Crowe for the first time driving to Boyd's church-turned-headquarters to break the news about Boyd's brother being shot by Ava. Dewey gets out of the car and in his excitement, forgets to put the parking brake on. The car starts to roll back.

LOL... I wasn't aware that he had done that before. It's probably going to be a recurring "Dewey thing".

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 12:52:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2011 12:31:38 PM PDT
Jim K says:
Carol;

Thanks for the invite. See you all later.

edit

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 8:20:50 AM PDT
stevign says:
One can make the argument that coming out of the mine was Boyd's rebirth but other than the practical nature of not wanting to walk into objects he can't see in front of him I don't put any philosophical meaning on keeping his glasses clean. In so many words he told Ava he now knows what his nature is; so was his rebirth one of a darker nature and now he'll embrace his violence and bigotry of the past?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 9:19:40 AM PDT
cotbqott says:
re: Boyd's glasses

You're probably right in saying it doesn't mean anything other than what it is. I just thought it was not realistic what with all the dust continually being kicked up inside the mine, one would be hard pressed to keep one's glasses *that* clean. I mean, he gets the grime on his face and on the rest of his person, why not on his glasses? That's why whenever he comes out of the mine, those squeaky clean glasses - against his coal-dusted face - strike me as out of place. < shrugs >

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 9:40:17 AM PDT
stevign says:
Carol:

re: "those squeaky clean glasses - against his coal-dusted face - strike me as out of place."

An oversight by the "Script Supervisor/Continuity Supervisor" probably. Or maybe they just think it's too small of a detail to worry about.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 10:37:15 AM PDT
cotbqott says:
Season 2, Episode 7: Save my Love

Oh-kay... all the trouble Raylan went through, and all the laws he knowingly broke in this episode... all for Winona.

And Boyd in a suit!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 12:25:48 PM PDT
stevign says:
We men are such suckers for a damsel in distress......especcially if it's a short dress. It was funny when Boyd's new "rich" boss suggested "JC Penney" for a new suit.......what a cheapskate!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 1:35:56 PM PDT
Lynda says:
Oh Winona, Winona, Winona.
When she pulled that bag of cash from under her bed, I wanted to sock her and I abhor that kind of violence. (Actually, I am against most kinds of violence.)

Boyd cleans up real nice, don't he?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 1:41:49 PM PDT
Lynda says:
That was funny. I wonder if Boyd felt any slight or if he was thinking "new suit from anywhere is still a new suit".

I also wonder what his feelings are on her leading him back to his lawless ways. (He said it much more poetically.) If she plans to go up against Mags she's gonna need every trick from his lawless past and then some!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sons of Anarchy( SOA) 104 17 hours ago
The Flash 16 20 hours ago
What was your favorite commercial 119 1 day ago
best tv shows made in australia 1694 1 day ago
Walking Dead... Anybody Watching? 74 2 days ago
American Horror Story 318 2 days ago
Major Crimes 299 2 days ago
***State of Affairs*** 0 3 days ago
What TV Commercials do you Hate? 220 4 days ago
all television actors and actresses who have passed away 1296 6 days ago
How to Get Away With Murder 16 6 days ago
Br eaking Ba d 3102 6 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  847
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions