Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

TV Shows You Want to Bring Back On TV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 154 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 25, 2009 7:59:56 PM PDT
Annabelle says:
Anyone have a list of favorite TV shows that they wish would be put back on TV? Here's mine.
1. Rescue 911
2. VH1 Storytellers
3. Little Bear
4. Blue's Clues, (Bring back Steve!)
5. Hey Arnold!
6. Doug
7. Rugrats
8. Inspector Gadget
9. Rocket Power
10. Catdog
11. Mickey's Mousercise
12. Mickey's Mouse Tracks

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 10:11:09 PM PDT
J. Stoneking says:
The Critic...it should have never gone off the air and still be on the air. Too bad now Seth McFarlane seems to control the animation department at Fox.

Firefly...it had way too short of a time on the air.

Carnivale...it needed a good six season run.

Pushing Dasies, Wonderfalls, and Dead Like Me.

The Riches.

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 11:21:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2009 11:28:42 PM PDT
Nowhere Man - a 90's UPN offering was very well written and ahead of it's time. Would have liked to know who Tom really was.

American Gothic - I miss Sheriff Buck, that's Buck with a "B".

Kolchak: The Night Stalker- 70's series that inspired Chris Carter to write The X Files. KTNS needed an ongoing story line where Carl was after one main story. The chemistry between the characters on this show was magic !

Twin Peaks: David Lynch's TV madness. Would have loved to see what Copper AKA Bob would have gotten into.

Millennium: Frank's quest to bring the group down would have made great television with Laura Means of course.

Invasion: This show had such potential if it had gone on.

Planet of The Apes: Would have loved to see Virdon & Burke get back home and take Galen with them.

Dark Shadows: The early 90's revival of this series was great it could have lasted a solid 5 seasons.

Seinfeld: They have had so much material to work with since they left the air. Can you imagine the possibilities ??

The Riches: WhyTF did they cancel this show ? It was awesome television

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 11:21:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 25, 2009 11:22:35 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 11:22:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 25, 2009 11:22:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 12:37:45 AM PDT
C. Maggio says:
I wish Sci-Fi would be able to stay on air... I miss:
1)Firefly - burned out before its time (this did have a AWESOME movie made though..buy Serenity!!)
2)Farscape - Adult sci-fi with twisted humor..Sci-Fi channel pulled the rug out from under their best show..and gave us a lackluster final movie to try to tie up loose ends.
3) Moonlight..all right, this is one my wife misses..I never got into it and it would prob do all right now with the current vampire trend.
4) X-files...god I miss those creepy things..such iconic things..UFOs/Ghosts/Cancer Man...Fringe wishes it could be as good.
5) Max Headroom - I think a remake of this one could be wicked now...and I may be dating myself here :P

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 1:27:42 AM PDT
QueenBeeV says:
The shows I'd love to see back on the air are:

1) Skin.... only saw about two of the episodes but it caught my attention and I think it got cancelled too soon.
2) Shark..... why did this get the axe? It wasn't the best show out there but it was good.
3) Moonlight...... oh man I was PO'd when they cancelled this. Yeah, Alex O'Loughlin is now in Three Rivers which is a decent show but I'd still rather see him as Mick. I don't love everything with vampires in it. I hated Interview With A (The?) Vampire even if it did have Brad Pitt.
4) Berenstain Bears..... yeah, it IS a kid's show but I liked it. Some of the shows PBS replaced it with are, well, stupid. Like Word Girl. It's educational, I know but I think it's retarded. Word World is better.
5) Alvin & the Chipmunks.... ok I just want it back on the air, not new episodes.... although that would be cool too.
I agree on the Nickelodeon shows as well. Only other one I'd add to that list is Taina. Again, I can't explain why I liked that show but I did. There's more I want to see back on the air but can't think of the rest right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2009 7:29:48 AM PDT
Annabelle says:
I'd never heard of "Taina". And, even though Shari Lewis might be gone, "Lamb Chop's Play Along" could've gone on with her daughter Malorie (I hope I spelled that right.)

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 8:51:51 AM PDT
I'm sure there are countless shows that we would like to see return on TV. It sounds good, but there is a "Slight" Problem. Every time a Show returns with the same Name as a Classic, it never seems to be as good as the original. Even the newer incarnations of STAR TREK seemed to be missing something. (Don't argue Nextgen Trekkers, if it wasn't for us First-Generation Trekkers NOTHING would have become of this after the Original Series was Cancelled.) With the exceptuin of Trek, and Battlestar Galactica, how many other remade series lasted longer than a handfull of episodes? Not very many, a lot of them CRASHED AND BURNED. My biggest gripe these days is the LACK of originality, many of todays shows seem to be "Clones" of each other. Classics are Classics however and we can always enjoy them when we can. There are a lot of old series from the 1950s, 60s and 70s that I never saw when they first ran, and only now am able to see, thanks to DVDs. Watching these for the first time is just as good as watching a show that is premering now(In these days even MORE So!), and there are plenty of them to go around. Yes, it's sad to see an old favorate go, but nothing lasts forever, so enjoy it while you can.

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 7:20:16 PM PDT
Firefly
Futurama
John Doe (Now the Prison Break is gone, Dominic Purrcell can come back)
Sarah Connor Chronicles
My Name is Earl

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2009 10:14:55 PM PDT
Annabelle says:
Are you serious? "My Name Is Earl" was taken off the air? When and why did that happen?

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 1:06:22 PM PDT
i want these at the moment:

moonlight
birds of prey
dr quinn medicine woman
justice league unlimited

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 1:07:12 PM PDT
i totally forgot to add: firefly...that was an awesome series

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 3:52:45 PM PDT
Susannah says:
Of course we would need a Wayback Machine, but if time travel were possible, I'd like to go back and un-cancel:

Wizards and Warriors (1983)
Legend (1994 - ?)
Action (1999)
Sleepwalkers (1997)
Maximum Bob (1998)

Sleepwalkers starred Bruce Greenwood, who played the totally hot Captain Pike in this summer's Trek picture.

These were all excellent shows, not stamped out with a cookie cutter, and were snatched off the air before ever having a chance to draw an audience. At least Action is on DVD.

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 10:31:12 PM PDT
King of the Hill
Mannix: The Geriatric Years-Mannix, now 83, kicks the crap out of sleazy orderlies who are trying to smuggle drugs out of the Rest E-Z Golden Years Home

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 10:51:26 PM PDT
Marseagle says:
BOOKER- Richard Grieco was the man...right behind Johnny Depp in the late 80's/early 90's. Sadly he didn't have half the talent Depp had, but damn he had cool hair. This show could've been super cool, like a modern day "Vega$." But really i just want Grieco back on TV kickin' some A@# and looking cool. It would be great for USA Network.

Good Morning Miami- What show is that?? It was a cute little romantic comedy that could've been great, but they kept making too many changes in the show and than lost focus. But the 4 lead characters were great. I think it was the romantic in me, cause no one I knew liked this show.

The Unit- Come on CBS you sons of b's. This show was awesome, bring it back you commie humps.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 12:48:32 AM PDT
The Lost World. This great adventure show lasted three seasons. It had tentatively been renewed for at least two more. It was syndicated, ratings were ok, everything was go, but the myriad of producers involved couldn't get their acts together so it died. Problem was the end of Season Three was a cliffhanger. Well, they are still hanging on that cliff in the lost World of canceled TV shows.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 12:24:10 PM PDT
K. J. Hart says:
Karen Sisco was a superb show. It shouldn't have been scheduled opposite Law and Order.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 12:24:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 29, 2009 12:25:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 10:20:29 PM PST
Annabelle - I am so glad you started this list.
I scanned the lists of the others--let's just say, I'll try my best to improve mine.
Kyle XY (but by another network on cable), Rescue 911, (a remake of Emergency), Journeyman, Raines, New Amsterdam, Eli Stone, The Dead Zone, & most recent to be axed but hope to save----Trauma.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 10:32:45 PM PST
So many good shows have been cancelled. Here are a couple of more that I'd like to add: Close to Home & Life is Wild.
Also, I would mind seeing the (return) of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
At the time the show was removed, daughter was going away to medical school to become a doctor.
If the show were to return, daughter could be returning home to practice medicine w/her mother. And I do believe she did marry that one young doctor one the show/series.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 10:36:40 PM PST
Roman85 says:
"Star Trek" Enterprise" was cancelled just as it was beginning to shape "TOS" with the beginning of the creation of the "United Federation of Planets"

& yes "Karen Sisco" was never given a chance, never got tired of watching Carla Gugino in this

& 1991's "Dark Shadows" never got a fair chance either

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 11:00:18 PM PST
QueenBeeV says:
Close to Home was a good show but if I'm gonna pick any of the shows in the past 5 years that have been in that time slot my #1 pick would be Moonlight. Maybe it's mostly because of Alex O'Loughlin but IDK... I love the whole vampire genre.

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 7:59:52 AM PST
David Girod says:
"The Black Donnellys" - I loved that show, but it didn't have a chance. I really would like to have seen them give the series at least 22-24 episodes so they could complete 1 season of the story arc.
"The Sopranos" - Yes as a matter of fact I am still irritated at that fade to black finale!
"Fear Itself" - Fun horror anthology that NBC cancelled too soon.
"Stephen King's: Nightmares & Dreamscapes" - TNT horror anthology, lots of fun and actually featured some great adaptations of King's short stories.

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 11:19:11 AM PST
Dave Garr says:
Kyle XY,
Star Trek TNG,
Fortunately they did bring back V. Hopefully, it lasts longer this time.

Dave,
Utopia Begins
Utopia Begins
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Supergirl 533 10 hours ago
for fans of Classic Television 856 13 hours ago
*š* The Backyard Bird Bath *š* 21 14 hours ago
***The Walking Dead*** 260 16 hours ago
Guess That TV Show Quote! 108 16 hours ago
*★* The Hollywood Hot Tub *★* 5765 17 hours ago
best tv shows made in australia 2807 17 hours ago
-What Are You Listening To- 1175 18 hours ago
Suits 5 19 hours ago
Tic-Tac-Toe 2826 19 hours ago
Wayward Pines Coming Back? 10 1 day ago
Team Ninja Warrior 148 1 day ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  154
Initial post:  Oct 25, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions