Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

What TV Commercials do you Hate?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 190 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 7, 2011 12:11:53 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Growing up, I was not a big fan of those Calgon Commercials. I would hear it at school.I went to 42nd Street Elementary School in South Central L.A. that was 93% Black."Ancient Chinese Secret ,huh?"

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 1:32:55 PM PDT
There was a series of ads for a Toyota SUV where a smug little kid points out the shame other kids experience at the hands of their baby-boomer caricature parents who drive the wrong vehicle. Anyone who was shamed into buying one through this ad deserves to be led around by the nose.
More recently, Toyota has done an about-face of sorts, showing older kids voicing concern about their SUV-buying boomer parents who are out there in the world, doing stuff, while the kids are stuck in their social-networking non-lives. Just as offensive on its own level.

Posted on Aug 7, 2011 4:24:09 PM PDT
M. Whorton says:
Gosh, where do I start. The worst commercials are those worthless Geico commercials. I would like to stomp on that stinking Gecko and then scrape him off my boot on the edge of the sidewalk. I can't stand that other arrogant jerk on thier commercials that sounds like he has a sock full of crap jammed down his throat.

I also hate beer commercials. They have been sickening for years. Lately Pharmeceutical commercials have taken over. Also I'm sick of these cell phone commercials with these idiots sticking a cell phone in your face. I also can't stand the airhead on the Progressive commercials. If brains were watermelons she wouldn't have enough seeds to fill a thimble.

I also hate the amount of commercials today. You watch about 7 minutes of your show and then 5 minutes on commercials. Its one of the reasons I canceled my expensive cable subscription 3 years ago.

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 7:41:30 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
I hate those sappy Old Navy Commercials.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 5:07:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:28:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 5:53:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:28:52 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 6:37:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 10:59:47 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 12:31:03 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Any commercial that has screaming people in it.

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:56:07 PM PDT
My biggest pet peeve are THE MEDICAL COMMERCIALS, especially the Prescription Drug Commercials which feature pills dealing with various "Bodily Functions" including SEX. The Advertisers do not give a Rat's Arse about WHO is in front of the tv, as they air these abomonations Morning, Noon and Night. Parents must CRINGE whenever a program they are watching goes to a Commercial Break, as there is NO indication one of these kinds of ads is about to come on. Even Children's Shows aren't safe, as I've seen ads for "ED Pills" aired during these shows! (Which is why I no longer subscribe to a Pay-TV Service - Since the Prescription Drug Companies pay Each Cable Channel $70,000,000.00 a month to air their pills in front of the kiddies, they obviously DON'T NEED MY SUBSCRIPTION FEE - which I now use to purchase Commercial-Free TV Shows on DVD)!

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 3:26:53 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
I hate the prescription drug commercials too--promising ideal results, with the frightening side effects recited in cheerful voices in an attempt to minimize them. IMO, this kind of advertising should be banned. We pay for it every time we get a namebrand prescription filled.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 11:03:00 AM PDT
Whsat I really hate about commercials is when they show the same one two times in a row. I feel like yelling, I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME.....

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 11:24:18 AM PDT
Frank Jarvis says:
I hate two commercial types and they are:
-Quit smoking commercials for NY TV, usually they show gory and nasty stuff !
-Progressive Insurance commercials especially the Red Lipstick Gal irritates the hell out of me!
Actually I hate all commercials like I hate email spam all of them :-)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 11:40:42 AM PDT
JRSPIN says:
Vagisil !!!! Especially when I'm sitting and watching TV with my 17 year old daughter and her boyfriend.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:22:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 9:13:46 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Canadian Carly Foulkes in those T-Mobile Commercials with her red or pink or multi-colored Sundresses and matching color high heels.She needs to eat something, she's all skin and bones.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 10:06:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 10:07:28 PM PDT
Jay Ambler says:
Prescription drug commercials that go on & on about side effects are written by lawyers. The sole purpose is to inform the public about possible side effects, including suicide risk, death, etc. even if only 1 person has ever had any of the bad reactions. Once you are informed and use the drug and get a side effect that screws you up, you cannot sue the company or a doctor because you have been warned publicly by the commercial, but chose to use the drug anyway. Same goes for magazine ads. Don't use the stupid drugs.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 3:34:26 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
I expounded my hatred for this advert elsewhere, but the CheeriOs one with the kid who keeps saying "Thass for baybeez!" gets on my nerves worse than someone rubbing styrofoam together.

I know I'll get unhelpfuls for saying that, but it's NOT CUTE. It's ANNOYING.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 1:11:01 PM PDT
Thankfully I have not recently seen those terrible commercials for Snickers candy bars where people who eat them are then eaten by sharks. Maybe they were pulled. Whomever approved this new low in ads needs to be fired!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 11:12:03 AM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Sorry, Cheryl, those commercials are still circulating. I actually found them funny.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:44:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:48:07 AM PST
Steelers fan says:
Beer and truck spots during NFL football. In fact, just about anything during NFL football (except GoDaddy ads). Sometimes, football actually gets squeezed in between all the idiotic advertising.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:45:36 AM PDT
Steelers fan says:
And is there anyone who really thinks Denis Leary is a bada/s?

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 10:48:18 AM PDT
Steelers fan says:
All truck ads are the same.

"This thing can haul a sh/tload of stuff. Buy it, and you're a bada/s."

All beer ads are the same.

"Here's some beer. Drink it, and you'll start having a good time".

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 4:03:46 PM PDT
M. Whorton says:
Its more like if you buy it you're a duma/s.

After you drink beer you will have a great time doing sobriety tests and spending the night in the drunk tank.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 8:50:35 PM PDT
Auntie Lynn says:
I can tellya, I love the Travelers dog and that one - Northern ? the train commercial...More later...

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 2:51:25 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Double glazing adverts.

http://youtu.be/a0-2n8JHc1M

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:10:16 PM PDT
Missy says:
I hate the Orbit gum commercials. I want to punch them all out, especially the british girl at the end. "Dirty mouth?" ugh!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  190
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions