Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

I'm stuck in the 70"s

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2010 8:22:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2010 8:33:37 AM PST
NALIU says:
70's tv shows and movies. WTF!! As bad as they may be and however predictable the stories are, i'm addicted. Bring on 'the jeffersons, archie bunker, mtm, i'll watch it all, and i'm only in my 30's. What gives?

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 8:43:56 AM PST
GW says:
NALIU,
It's OK to watch those shows, but if you start DRESSING like them or wearing your HAIR like them.....you're in BIG TROUBLE.

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 11:00:28 AM PST
It looks like you have a "Guilty Pleasure". Nothing wrong with that. I'll take any '70s Show and/or Movie over the POS they try to pass off as "Entertainment" these days!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2010 11:34:20 AM PST
stevign says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 11:32:00 PM PST
Alt9999 says:
I wouldn't call MTM or All in the Family guilty pleasures. Those are both great shows.

Writing on TV has obviously changed quite a bit over the years. You obviously enjoy the writing style which was prevalent during the 70's. I personally can't stand the writing style of much of the 80's- the Cosby Show/Family Ties, etc... However, I enjoy the 70's stuff and like the 90's stuff too. Just a matter of taste.

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 12:35:53 AM PST
M. Whorton says:
I'm stuck in the 80s but I love shows from the 70s. Star Wars, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Sanford and Son, The Incredible Hulk, Battlestar Galactica, Threes Company, all good stuff. Then came the 80s with The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Indiana Jones trilogy, ET, The Back to the Future trilogy, The Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, The A-Team, The Greatest American Hero, I can go on a lot longer but I don't have time. They just don't make shows this good anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 2:54:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 16, 2011 9:58:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 3:18:27 AM PST
NALIU says:
You're right! come Monday, i'm gonna lose the 'fro and stop calling my wife "wheezie"! Anyone else think MTM was hot?

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 9:58:57 PM PST
M. Whorton says:
Jermaine Clark says: you don't see...good shows like these...on television today...thank God for dvds!

I came realize this 14 months ago when I decided to cancel my cable subscription. The shows that we listed are the shows I want to watch. I now spend my money on DVDs of these shows. 90% of my DVD collection is stuff from the 60s thru the 80s.

Posted on Mar 1, 2010 4:44:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2010 9:10:07 AM PST
I just tallied all the TV Shows I have on DVD and here's the List in Decades

1. 1960s
2. 1970s
3. 1980s
4. 1990s
5. 1950s
6. 2000s

1960s and 1970s account for nearly half of the Series I own on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2010 8:17:46 AM PST
All in the Family and The Mary Tyler Moore Show are two of the best written/acted sitcoms made. I would never use the words bad or predictable about them, but that's just me. Even a mediocre episode from these two series beats anything from TV in the last couple of decades.

I discovered these shows in reruns when I was a pre-teen in the late 70's and early 1980's. All in the Family always seemed like I was watching a really exciting and hilarious play; you were either laughing your butt off or you were deeply touched or shocked. And the MTM Show had such a great ensemble of actors, and I soon grew to find anchorman Ted Baxter one of the best characters on TV. The episode where he goes to a writing class with Mary and steals her ideas is a gem.

These shows don't fade with age, they still are funny. Being stuck in the 70's is a good place to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2010 8:32:53 AM PST
stevign says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 7:44:45 AM PST
I'm stuck in the 70s too. I like it here.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 7:48:40 AM PST
Jay #1 says:
The 70's & 80's RULED!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 8:07:06 AM PST
stevign says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 1:37:53 AM PST
Neither, thanks, or any other tiresome, boring cliches. Just the freedom, youth and sense of optimism I had then. That and TV shows like M*A*S*H that said something and didn't insult my intelligence. And, OK, maybe that digital watch that lit up when I pressed the button.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 6:02:58 AM PST
Pulpman says:
I cover most shows that are of the horror fantasy and scifi genre. I own shows from the 50s thru now. So I guess I have a good cross section in decades just stuck in genre....lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions