Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

The Walking Dead

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 75 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2010 12:41:36 PM PDT
Sky says:
Is anyone else as psyched as I am for the upcoming AMC series The Walking Dead based on the comic book series sold here at Amazon? The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1

If you're into the genre and the comic book doesn't interest you, check out the videos on AMC's web site for the show at this link: www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2010 12:03:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 22, 2010 12:04:55 PM PDT
Ice King says:
I'm VERY excited about this show. I've been reading the comics for a while now and I've been hearing rumors about this becoming a series at some point but after what happened with Preacher I wasn't getting my hopes up and was dismissing them as just rumors until Comic Con had a ton of information about it and gave us a solid release date.
This is going to be a great show, I just hope it's not too butchered for American television. But even if it is, I'm sure the DVDs will have the full thing. Like Breaking Bad.

That compendium looks cool but a bit unweildy. I've been buying them in the trade paperback format that usually collects about 12 issues at a time. Walking Dead Volume 12

Posted on Aug 27, 2010 11:30:45 AM PDT
Sky says:
Check out the Comic Con trailer...looks like the show will push the envelope for content allowed on basic cable: www.youtube.com/watch?v=319knAYrTRE

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 6:40:09 AM PDT
The Imp says:
Great trailer! Looks awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2010 8:08:02 PM PDT
Conor says:
I'm well stoked for it, it looks awesome from the trailer.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 7:33:49 PM PDT
Thalia says:
Yes, yes, yes...great comic series! The trailer they had on the Scream awards was striking. Can't wait!

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 9:29:07 AM PDT
Y. Huppe says:
I saw the pre-air of episode 1...excellent, by excellent I mean freaking excellent. Very violent, very sad, very slow but smart....You can find it on torrents.

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 12:01:20 AM PDT
L says:
I am looking forward to it because I like Zombie movies. They're always fun! I hope the show doesn't disappoint.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 1:11:56 PM PDT
Lynda says:
I don't do the comc books but did watch the first episode last night! It was a very promising start. I am very much looking forward to the next episode and the next and the one after that...

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 8:14:25 AM PDT
i thought the scene with the zombie mother coming back to the front door every night was especially emotional for a zombie show

Posted on Nov 6, 2010 9:28:02 PM PDT
jmgirl says:
I missed the premier, so I recorded a repeat and just watched it. It was outstanding!! This is going to be an awesome show. It was so well done for a tv show. I don't know what I was expecting. I guess I thought it would be a little cheesy. I'm eating those words! Can't wait for the next one.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 4:56:16 PM PST
The first two episodes have been amazing. It's my new favorite TV show.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 9:03:36 AM PST
Sky says:
If you missed any episode or just want to watch it on your computer, Amazon has it for $2.99 per episode. Please cut and paste this link if you're interested in reading the review that I posted here at Amazon today: http://www.amazon.com/review/R39E9AIL4MLXHS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm If you like what the review says just click on the product link to the right of the review and Amazon will take you to the product page with all of the episodes for sale. Enjoy!

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 1:18:47 PM PST
Surprised there are no new posts here as Season 2 is fantastic! I love that this show has the ability to introduce new characters any time it chooses in this post-Apocolyptic world, as it did in last week's episode. And there is even more danger, not just from Walkers, but among the living. In such a world, not everyone is going to be so friendly under such circumstances. Brilliant show, my favorite on TV now, with the exception of Game of Thrones.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 8:19:58 AM PST
Music Lover says:
Alice-yes I am enjoying it too. I think there was another active thread a while ago but it seems to have died out. Can't wait for the Rick and Shane showdown which we seem to be on a crash course for.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 12:14:15 PM PST
ML: Totally agree, the Rick/Shane thing is definitely going to come to a head, has to. There are so many moments I want to slap Shane silly...and then he will go and do something that makes sense. Like telling Lori Rick, Glen and Hershel made it back...when they didn't, because he knew she would not come back to the farm otherwise. The writing on this show is well done (of course, I guess it's also the graphic novels the series is based on). There are so many possible directions for this show to go that I think it will be around for a long while -- at least, I am hoping.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 3:24:58 PM PST
Music Lover says:
Alice-I'm with you. I really despise Shane but Rick irks me too though usually when I'm just getting fed up with him, he goes and does something cool like waste those guys in the bar. So i'd be rooting for him in that fight

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:40:59 PM PST
Yeah, but Rick had no choice but to waste those guys in the bar. It was self-defense. Shane probably would have shot 'em when they came through the door. Shane has lost all morals and is really going over the edge. The guy is mentally unbalanced and is going to eventually try to cause harm to someone in the group in some manner. They need to really listen to wise 'ol Dale.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 11:04:24 AM PST
Metalhead: Did you watch last night's episode? Rick confronted Shane and that's all I will say in case you have not yet watched. I am happy things have picked up in this half of the season, was getting a little dull the first half, even though it is still my favorite show. Also something fun of note, the gang who created the show have created a 5k run in 11 cities to take place later this year. Go to runforyourlife.com to check it out. You can enter the race as a human or a zombie...and the zombies try to take your flags. Pretty cool idea.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:50:14 AM PST
Music Lover says:
Spoiler alert***

If you haven't watched the most recent Walking Dead, I recommend you do. I'm glad that Rick appeared to have gotten the better of Shane in the fight but this is far from over. I knew he wouldn't but was kinda hoping Rick would have left him for dead(you know Shane would have done that to him). The women are starting to fight too and people are contemplating suicide so the intensity is really ratcheting up with only 3 episodes left

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 12:22:04 PM PST
Lynda says:
Oh, Sunday nites episode was very telling. The couple of showdowns we were privy to were good. The Rick and Shane one we could all see coming, the one with the women was not so obvious. I imagine there will be more of both.

Great show and I'm loving it!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 4:48:19 PM PST
ML: Wasn't that a great episode? I have been waiting for the Rick/Shane power struggle to come to a head and cannot wait for Sunday's new episode, looks like a lot is gonna go down.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:00:50 PM PST
Speaking of the guys in the bar, how come the first guy (whose name I have forgotten) didn't come back to life after Rick shot him? Rick shot the second guy (the big one) in the head but not the first one! Don't you come back to life no matter how you die as long as your brain isn't damaged? Or is that only true for Night Of the Living Dead zombies?

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 7:03:59 AM PST
Music Lover says:
Alice-yes,loved it. the last 3 eps should be pretty intense

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:32:35 AM PST
Mike from what I can tell; you only come back if you have been infected ( ie biting and even scratching). Several people have just died and not come back.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  Aug 19, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions