Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

some SHORT-LIVED, ENIGMATIC SERIES : late '60's - early '70's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 115 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2007 11:59:01 AM PDT
I have a very good friend who enjoyed Movin on. He would like to see it released in DVD.

Any one remember B. J. and the Bear??

The last season of that one was the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2007 7:06:30 AM PDT
critters says:
Ah, yes, "Movin' On." That was a fave!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2007 10:42:55 AM PDT
How about Blue Light with Robert Goulet

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2007 8:20:46 PM PDT
prodale says:
Blue Light? Ha! Yes, mid-60s drama set in WW II on ABC. Spy show of sorts. Pretty good! Also, "Then Came Bronson" with Michael Parks was HOT show for a while in 70s!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2007 8:26:10 PM PDT
prodale says:
BUT! My favorite "obscure" show was this somewhat silly comedy starring, of all people, Waylon Flowers and Madam, it was a sit-com and just doiwnright weird! Had Judy OR Audry Landers in it....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2007 12:47:16 PM PDT
G. H. Giroux says:
Yeah I remember them all, and would love to see Frank Converse again as Michael Alden in Coronet Blue, and the gorgeously blue-eyed Chris George as Ben Richards in The Immortal. Check out ioffer.com!

How about:
The Persuaders
The Protectors
UFO
Sapphire & Steel
Felony Squad
NYPD
Lancer
Garrison's Gorillas

Ah, the good old days... :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2007 11:37:00 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 30, 2010 1:17:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2007 11:43:07 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 30, 2010 1:22:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 2:15:18 AM PST
R. Moore says:
I remember that - it was "Madame's Place", with Judy Landers and a young Corey Feldman co-starring. It was also a favourite of mine, and I'd definitely buy it.

I'd also go for:

Nanny and the Professor
The Fantastic Journey
Ghost Story
The Magician

And I'm sure there're more that I'm forgetting. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 6:31:52 AM PST
no one has mentioned the one season wonder

my mother the car ??
and one season wonder with [john banner from hogans heroes an dean jones of disney shows]

chicago teddybears??

that show i havent seensince its early seventies

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 11:41:09 AM PST
kitkatt says:
Blue Light was on right after the Patty Duke Show. Does anyone remember "My Little Margie" or "Life with Riley" or "Pete & Gladys"?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 11:42:01 AM PST
kitkatt says:
Michael Parks was in "Kill Bill" Vol's 1 & 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 1:45:06 PM PST
Poocher says:
kittykins,
Yes, I remember these shows. Also, The Bob Cummings Show, The Real McCoys,
You'll Never Get Rich (a.k.a. The Phil Silvers Show), Ozzie and Harriet, and last
but not least, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (with Bob Denver as Maynard G. Krebs).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 2:26:34 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 30, 2010 1:25:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 4:45:31 PM PST
Crazy Like A Fox and The Magician would be welcome additions to my library.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2007 4:52:45 PM PST
You misunderstand altogether, friend Balladeer. You are saying that they "must be released". We (the general public) have no control of what gets released and what doesn't. We can say that we would like to see them put out, yes BY ALL MEANS. But to say that the words THEY MUST is insulting to a video manufacturer. Just because you or me, or the person next door liked a show or movie, does not guarantee a video release. We as the public can suggest "hey it would be great if you put out.....". But don't say "MUST". MUST implies if it doesn't come out, the industry will crash and I know that is not what you meant.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2007 7:10:04 AM PST
I remember The Immortal christopher george was a race car driver who had a very rare bloodtype or maybe something in his blood that virtually gaurenteed him a very long life. which given his profession as a race car driver is kind of ironic because if he wrecks he could die at any moment. Anyway some rich old guy who is dying finds out that christopher's blood can reverse or cure whatever is wrong with him so the series revolved around the old guy trying to kidnap christopher and he trying to escape. every where christopher went someone always needed a transfusion of his blood which he would donate and thereby putting himself back on the radar for the old man's hunting team. That's the basic show in a nutshell.
seldom 61.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2007 2:15:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2007 2:15:56 PM PST
I have the complete series of *Coronet Blue* on DVD, as I found it through a private dealer on the web somewhere. Evidently the series was run on Nick At Nite at some point, and this person made copies, now selling them without commercial interruption. Great show; unfortunately, it ended without resolving the mystery of the main character (Frank Converse) and so ended up in limbo.

Incidentally, someone mentioned *The Girl With Something Extra*, an ESP comedy starring Karen Valentine. No, actually, it was Sally Field, broadcast over NBC at 9:00 on Friday nights (I have several of the shows on reel to reel tape, audio only; I believe it was on for only one season).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2007 10:45:20 PM PST
Does anyone remember a show from the mid-60's called "Run,Buddy,Run"? It lasted maybe one season
and it was actually pretty funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2007 7:03:05 AM PST
C. Huth says:
Yep..He and She...was ten,Mom watched it..I even got it.This series and That Girl I believe ushered in the Mary Tyler Moore type shows.I wish someone could verify that the series "Chicken Man" really exsisted.I remember a show a few times about a man who became a superhero after taking some pills and would turn into a man with feathers and fly around saving people..."It's About Time,It's About Space" was about some cavemen that appeared in New York with a writer.We moved back to Germany for a few years and when wecame back these fine shows were gone..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2007 4:24:34 PM PST
Westerby says:
Trivia:

You'll Never Get Rich aka The Phil Silvers Show aka Sgt. Bilko is, I believe, the only US TV program to be aired under three seperate titles.

The Immortal, about a man (Christopher George) who might live forever, lasted one year; Run For Your Life, about a man (Ben Gazzara) who had six months to live, lasted four years.

Richard Benjamin starred in a very short lived show in the mid/late 1970's called Quark. It was a sci-fi sitcom in which he played an intergalactic garbage collector.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 9:30:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2007 9:31:42 AM PST
Sabrina Bush says:
C.Huth, I vaguely remember "It's About Time." I think an astronaut had gone back in time and brought a caveman and his wife back with him. I think Imogene Coca was the cave-woman. I was maybe 7 or 8, but I thought it was really funny. "He and She" starred real life spouses Dick Benjamin and Paula Prentiss. It was excellent. I remember that well, so I think that series lasted longer. I had forgotten about "Chicken Man," but now I remember it a little.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 10:04:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2007 10:06:58 AM PST
It's about time.
It's about space.
About two men in the strangest place.

It's about time.
It's about flight,
travelling faster than the speed of light.

This is our tale of our brave crew
as through the barrier of time they flew...
past the fighting minute man,
past the armored knight,
past the Roman warrior,
to this fateful sight.

What will they see?
How will they fight?
Is it goodbye or is it good night?

Etc.

The first part of the series took place with two astronauts in prehistoric times. Later, probably as a cost-saving measure, the action shifted to modern times, with the two astronauts escaping to their own time and bringing the cave couple with them.

BTW, G.H., the excellent space opera UFO is also available on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 2:32:51 PM PST
Timm Zemanek says:
You posted my thoughts exactly. I would kill to see "He and She" again. Richard Benjamin played a cartoonist whose Captain America-type creation was being turned into a TV series with Jack Cassidy as the hero, so Richard and his tv and real-life wife Paula Prentice had to move to New York to work on the tv. show. They moved into an apartment building next door to a firehall and made friends with one of the firemen, played by Kenneth Mars, who always came to their apartment by way of a board laid across an alley from their window to a firehall window. Another regular on the show was Andrew the Handyman played by Hamilton Camp (better known as Bob Camp when he was a folk music performer - see CDs of Bob Camp and Bob Gibson).
Many years ago Benjamin was on the Tonight Show and, when Johnny asked why the show had only lasted one season, he said that the show aired after Green Acres and it was unlikely that the audience tuning in to see a talking pig would stick around to watch a show about two hip New York Jews.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2007 6:30:50 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 14, 2007 6:36:59 PM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  71
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions